Elon Musk | Owner of X and complete loser

Are there people out there who still think twitter was bought for some kind of business/investment reasons?

Are there people out there who still think twitter was bought for some kind of business/investment reasons?

No?

I also don’t think it was some sort of Machiavellian political strategy either. He was pissed off after being humiliated on the platform after the whole paedo cave diver thing, so wanted to control it. And the only way he knows how to exert control is by buying things.

I also don’t think it was some sort of Machiavellian political strategy either. He was pissed off after being humiliated on the platform after the whole paedo cave diver thing, so wanted to control it. And the only way he knows how to exert control is by buying things.
Depends how much meaning you put into the word "strategy". I don't think he had a very detailed plan, but I definitely think he intended to influence public opinion and eventually policy through how rules are and are not enforced on Twitter after his acquisition.

No?

Depends how much meaning you put into the word "strategy". I don't think he had a very detailed plan, but I definitely think he intended to influence public opinion and eventually policy through how rules are and are not enforced on Twitter after his acquisition.

Yeah, even if its not a 'Machiavellian political strategy'. At the very least twitter's value is in how it can be used to win elections and forge policy around the world. Very useful tool to have.

Its just the fact he doesn't seem to care about Twitter's long term survival that makes me think its all about getting Trump elected in 2024. Well, that and him seemingly spending most of his time trying to get Trump elected in 2024 as if it is literally the most important thing in the world to him.

Yeah, even if its not a 'Machiavellian political strategy'. At the very least twitter's value is in how it can be used to win elections and forge policy around the world. Very useful tool to have.

Its just the fact he doesn't seem to care about Twitter's long term survival that makes me think its all about getting Trump elected in 2024. Well, that and him seemingly spending most of his time trying to get Trump elected in 2024 as if it is literally the most important thing in the world to him.
Will be interesting to see what he does with Twitter if Trump loses.