Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want quality you have to pay for it. I don't mind paying a little more in wages if we get him for nothing. It will most likely be a incentives-based deal anyway.

As for a long-term deal I've only seen 1/2 years mentioned. That is definitely not what I would describe as a long term deal.

Sancho was only 2 years but it seemed like an eternity, and his wages were ridiculous. Just think about the effect this has on players who play regularly for half the money, or less.

Sancho was only 2 years but it seemed like an eternity, and his wages were ridiculous. Just think about the effect this has on players who play regularly for half the money, or less.
Sanchez was on a 4/5 year deal on far more money than Cavani would be.

Honestly, maybe they need to grow up. I mean it's not like their livelihoods are hanging by a thread. If it was true that there was unrest because of Sanchez's wages, then I don't like their attitude. A lot of them are on over £100,000 per week, they have no right to complain.

We need players and if Cavani is what we need, then we should get him.

That's a lazy comparison, Falcao was injured and came here on a loan to regain fitness.

So why give him the wage he was apparently getting. Certainly got fit, he was very good when he went to Monaco. We should not be taking players on to get them fit for someone else. Big problem is that Ed appears to like making this type of signing and b***er the cost but wants to get others eg. Telles, for peanuts.

No thanks.

Watched him a lot when he played last year and it’s clear he’s declined massively and has injury issues. Also argued with Neymar and Mabappe all year.

Huge step back in every way. Panic panic panic written all it.

Cavani is an upgrade on Ighalo. He'll actually give competition to Martial and will possibly even become first choice at various points in the season. That's just what the squad needs.

Consider him a placeholder for Sancho next summer. Ole thinks we need 4 top players to compete for 3 spots. This transfer makes sense.

No thanks.

Watched him a lot when he played last year and it’s clear he’s declined massively and has injury issues. Also argued with Neymar and Mabappe all year.

Huge step back in every way. Panic panic panic written all it.
Who doesn’t argue with Neymar?

If we sign Cavani I don't think I will ever quite forgive Ed for screwing over Ole so hard as he has this transfer window.

I still believe we'll get both Telles and Sancho done, but holy hell what is the point of Cavani.

If we sign Cavani I don't think I will ever quite forgive Ed for screwing over Ole so hard as he has this transfer window.

I still believe we'll get both Telles and Sancho done, but holy hell what is the point of Cavani.
Getting a goalscorer.

People do realise that our second option is Igahlo? We have the toughest UCL group phase and have truck load of games this season in quick succession. Seriously do people like to moan about everything that United do?

People do realise that our second option is Igahlo? We have the toughest UCL group phase and have truck load of games this season in quick succession. Seriously do people like to moan about everything that United do?

He’s almost 34, demanding a huge salary, just come off a injury ruined season and to top it off has been free all summer yet we make a move on transfer deadline day?

Clearly a well thought out signing, what could go wrong? Watch us give him a 3 year contract.

He’s almost 34, demanding a huge salary, just come off a injury ruined season and to top it off has been free all summer yet we make a move on transfer deadline day?

Clearly a well thought out signing, what could go wrong? Watch us give him a 3 year contract.
As long as he does well for the team why do the finances of the deal concern you? It's not your money.

To score goals mate. He is better than Martial in that regard. We can't rely on an 18 year old and an inconsistent Martial.

Just wait and see before he starts banging them in

Who should we sign then? You seem to know more than Ole.

For the wages he would want it’s a high risk signing. I’d give him a chance if we get him but it’s really not surprising to see people not enamoured by a 33 year old with injury problems.

As long as he does well for the team why do the finances of the deal concern you? It's not your money.

He’ll most likely be a squad player on 250k+ a week, that never ends well.

We’ve just got rid of Sanchez and are actively trying to get rid of deadwood it’s like we’ve learnt nothing.

We desperately need attackers, yeah. But signing a 33 year old Cavani on a min 3 year deal on massive wages and massive agent fees would be idiotic. Our main issue is right wing, and we need someone that can be versatile for the other attacking positions. If Martial is injured and we have another right winger, we just play Greenwood centrally. If Greenwood is injured we play... James? Rashford on the right? Doesn't work.

He’ll most likely be a squad player on 250k+ a week, that never ends well.

We’ve just got rid of Sanchez and are actively trying to get rid of deadwood it’s like we’ve learnt nothing.
What's Ighalo on? 100K?

I'd rather have Cavani for 200-250K than Ighalo for 100K. Massive difference in level of the players.

To score goals mate. He is better than Martial in that regard. We can't rely on an 18 year old and an inconsistent Martial.

Just wait and see before he starts banging them in

Who should we sign then? You seem to know more than Ole.

Why haven’t we signed him before now if he‘s really a Ole target? he’s been on a free for almost 2 months yet we sign him up on transfer deadline day?

In this case it's the exact sort of shit stupid deal that gets us stuck with a past it player on massive wages that we can't get rid of. The wages impact other signings. It's why we are stuck with Rojo/Smalling/Jones/Lingard/Romero/Mata or can only loan Dalot/Pereira. Even our goalkeepers. We are basically spend 500k a week on our goalkeepers. That's absolutely fecked up.

That would be Utd to a tee. Agent fees, high salary for an aged player that no other club in Europe wanted. Woodward will roll out the red carpet and tell the world 'When you see Cavani on the bench it will strike fear into the hearts of the opposition' Sounds familiar.

What's Ighalo on? 100K?

I'd rather have Cavani for 200-250K than Ighalo for 100K. Massive difference in level of the players.

No fecks given about Ighalo though is there? he’s the definition of back up player.

Why the hell would you want to pay 250k to a 34 year old squad player who’s just had a injury ravaged season? Madness. You pay that money to a first team player who could actually improve the team.

Sanchez all over again

Why haven’t we signed him before now if he‘s really a Ole target? he’s been on a free for almost 2 months yet we sign him up on transfer deadline day?
Because we are fecking desperate. It's groundhog day all over. You would think we would have learned from Igalho who was what our 3rd choice and signed few mins before midnight. Bring back the Carry movies, Carry on Woodward

In this case it's the exact sort of shit stupid deal that gets us stuck with a past it player on massive wages that we can't get rid of. The wages impact other signings. It's why we are stuck with Rojo/Smalling/Jones/Lingard/Romero/Mata or can only loan Dalot/Pereira. Even our goalkeepers. We are basically spend 500k a week on our goalkeepers. That's absolutely fecked up.
If the club is happy to pay the figures suggested then that's their prerogative. I'm certainly not going to get stressed out about it.

No fecks given about Ighalo though is there? he’s the definition of back up player.

Why the hell would you want to pay 250k to a 34 year old squad player who’s just had a injury ravaged season? Madness. You pay that money to a first team player who could actually improve the team.
If Cavani is fit he would improve us arguably.

Basically gonna be another Sanchez signing, what happened to not bringing in mercenaries on high wages, i thought we were abandoning this strategy? I genuinely wish nothing but the worst things in life to happen to Woodward and the Glazers.

Status
Not open for further replies.