Drogba

VanNistelrater said:
We passed you off the park, in both games.

You defended well yesterday, heroically infact, but a Chelsea side made of the money they were made of were good enough to beat you. Several players were underpar, Lampard was terrible which was pleasing, Drogba was hideously shite, as was Geremi, Tiago and Kezman. The only two players who played well were Makelele and Gudjohnsen.

I agree with almost all you said, but Geremi played well in my opinion. Gallas also played well. Cole was not on the pitch, he must have ran back into the dressing room when no-one was watching.

Drogba's recent performance have been appalling. I am not for a second trying to make excuses for his glaring shortcomings.

However, while he has shown us the flaws in his game in the last couple of week (well, he has shown them all season but they have been more apparent recently) don't forget that he does still have some strengths. Drogba attacking a cross is a dangerous striker, and he has shown that all season.

The reason he has looked worse over the last few weeks is that Chelsea haven't been able to get crosses in for him: The only wingers in the squad have been out injured. The other usual source of crosses is the wing backs. Bridge is out for the season. Gallas is one of the best defenders in the world, but he can't cross from his left foot so he hasn't been able to provide quality crosses from the left. On the right side Ferreira is an excellent crosser, but he has been ruled out for the season. Johnson's crosses have usually missed the mark which is probably why Geremi came in. Behind Ferreira he is probably the best right foot crosser at the club. Credit to Liverpool though, any time he got the ball in a crossing position he had two players on him and I can't really remember him getting in any crosses.

Without balls being crossed in Chelsea have had to try to play through the middle. Drogba clearly isn't very good at that.

VanNistelrater said:
Dont even compare the two.

Seba was majestic in the CL, unfortunately he was sporadic in the PL.

Seriously though, a bottomless pit of money and you spend it on that carthouse, 180 minutes of Football, with a team costing a quater of a billion quid, and you couldnt stick a goal past the fecking scousers?

Even we've beaten them convincingly twice, home and away, this season!

We've beaten them thrice already this season.

Even with all the money we've spent, we don't have decent backup for Duff and Robben. Hence the lack of width. Hence the loss.

Taipan said:
Without balls being crossed in Chelsea have had to try to play through the middle. Drogba clearly isn't very good at that.

Correct.

Put much more eloquently than I ever could.

It is also one of the reasons why I wouldn't have Henry over Drogba, the excellent work of Duff and Robben would be wasted.

Stamford Bridge said:
Correct.

It is also one of the reasons why I wouldn't have Henry over Drogba, the excellent work of Duff and Robben would be wasted.

:lol: :lol:

Stamford Bridge said:
Tiago is average at best.

But Carvalho and Ferreira are nothing special? :wenger:
Thats like saying Rooney is nothing special. :lol: :lol:

How much did he pay for them, Carvallho is decent at best, Matthew Upson level, Ferriera is a full back and unless their free kick experts or very attacking like Ashley Cole they shouldnt cost a whole lot.

Have you got a list of players Maureen has signed with prices?

Stamford Bridge said:
Even with all the money we've spent, we don't have decent backup for Duff and Robben. Hence the lack of width. Hence the loss.

But why didnt the special one think of this? Allthe money youse have and yet he had to stick a defensive midfielder and a poor payer (Geremi & Tiago) on the flanks.

Murt said:
But why didnt the special one think of this? Allthe money youse have and yet he had to stick a defensive midfielder and a poor payer (Geremi & Tiago) on the flanks.
Could it be? Mr Special's plans are flawed :D

Stamford Bridge said:
Correct.

if Liverpool had had Robben & Duff, Heskey probably would've looked a better player as well

Stamford Bridge said:
Correct.

Without balls being crossed in :wenger: had you opted for this tactic and started crossing Carragher and Hyypia would have headed them away all day. Hyypia has one strength and this would be it.

The reason Drogba was shit is not because he played among defenders who can handle his physical game and have played against similar players for the last 10 years. In training these guys have been wrestling with Heskey for 5 years so they know all about talentless physical strikers. Munchen couldn't handle it this tactic, but 90 percent of the english teams can cope with crosses.

Stamford Bridge said:
Tiago is average at best.

But Carvalho and Ferreira are nothing special? :wenger:
Thats like saying Rooney is nothing special. :lol: :lol:
Yeah but you'd expect more from a 29 million pound center back and a 13 million pound RB who cant even hold down a first team place for his country at Euro 2004

Stamford Bridge said:
Correct.

you are quite possibly the only chelsea fan who thinks that. In fact possibly the only person in the civilised world. Luckily for you I'm sure mourihno will spend big on a striker who can actually contribute more than muscle to your team play.

Murt said:
How much did he pay for them, Carvallho is decent at best, Matthew Upson level, Ferriera is a full back and unless their free kick experts or very attacking like Ashley Cole they shouldnt cost a whole lot.

Have you got a list of players Maureen has signed with prices?

Carvalho has been outstanding throughout the season, kept Gallas out of the side for awhile.

"Matthew Upson"? My arse.

Ferreira's crossing is probably the best in squads. If he had played against Pool, we would've actually had some width.

Either have played as much part in our season as Rooney did in yours. Which one got medals to show for it? ;)

Murt said:

This is why I expect us to sign another winger in the summer.

If reports (and rumours) are true, we actually signed Joaquin in the January transfer window, but he'd only move over during the summer.

So yeah, not too arsed about it. I have plenty of confidence Jose will sort it out.

Nialler said:
if Liverpool had had Robben & Duff, Heskey probably would've looked a better player as well

They could've had players as good as them.

Until they spent their money on Diouf, Cheyrou, Diao and the other donkeys, mind. :lol:

# Five's Alive said:
you are quite possibly the only chelsea fan who thinks that. In fact possibly the only person in the civilised world. Luckily for you I'm sure mourihno will spend big on a striker who can actually contribute more than muscle to your team play.

Ah, another Gooner. Sadly this one with not as much brains as the others. Must be from Islington eh, lad. ;)

Mourinho has always liked a big man upfront rather than a (admittedly very skilful) pacy French ponce.

He won the CL with Benni McCarthy, and won the Prem with Drogba.

As long as Chelsea keep winning, I couldn't give a rats arse if you people thought Drogba was the worse striker in the world. Ever heard of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

Stamford Bridge said:
Ah, another Gooner. Sadly this one with not as much brains as the others. Must be from Islington eh, lad. ;)

Mourinho has always liked a big man upfront rather than a (admittedly very skilful) pacy French ponce.

He won the CL with Benni McCarthy, and won the Prem with Drogba.

As long as Chelsea keep winning, I couldn't give a rats arse if you people thought Drogba was the worse striker in the world. Ever heard of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

You're the one with his head shoved so far up his own arse you can't see the wood for the trees. Pacy french ponce you say? Dear oh dear. I can respect when someone is a good player, irrespective of who they play for. When Mourihno goes and replaces him this summer I'm sure you'll be screaming "no no not Adriano I want Didier". And like I said. It's not just the Gooners and United fans who think Drogba is a waste of space. It's your own fans. Apart from you. You wierdo.

# Five's Alive said:
You're the one with his head shoved so far up his own arse you can't see the wood for the trees. Pacy french ponce you say? Dear oh dear. I can respect when someone is a good player, irrespective of who they play for. When Mourihno goes and replaces him this summer I'm sure you'll be screaming "no no not Adriano I want Didier". And like I said. It's not just the Gooners and United fans who think Drogba is a waste of space. It's your own fans. Apart from you. You wierdo.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Clearly, you are a clueless cnut. Or have the reading abilities of a lizzard.

I said on the other thread that Adriano and van Nistlerooij would probably do better than Drogba as they have the right build. The thread was about whether Henry was better or not, though, and it is MY OPINION that he wouldn't work as well as Drogba in our formation.

And re: Henry did you not see the "admittedly very skilfull" description? :wenger:

Stamford Bridge said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Clearly, you are a clueless cnut. Or have the reading abilities of a lizzard.

I said on the other thread that Adriano and van Nistlerooij would probably do better than Drogba as they have the right build. The thread was about whether Henry was better or not, though, and it is MY OPINION that he wouldn't work as well as Drogba in our formation.

And re: Henry did you not see the "admittedly very skilfull" description? :wenger:

How someone with your obvious lack of sense can call anyone else clueless is laughable. So Henry at 6ft 2" hasn't got the right build? You never see Henry knocked off the ball and lying there winging like a poof. Yes it is YOUR OPINION, however that really does mean shit.

# Five's Alive said:
How someone with your obvious lack of sense can call anyone else clueless is laughable. So Henry at 6ft 2" hasn't got the right build? You never see Henry knocked off the ball and lying there winging like a poof. Yes it is YOUR OPINION, however that really does mean shit.

What a clueless cnut.
Having the right build means more than just being tall, otherwise Tore Andre Flo would have been amongst the best strikers in the world.

Maybe something along the lines of Henry scoring all of ONE headed goal in the Prem should be food for thought eh.

Drogba's there to nod down balls and create space for smaller players, not to hold up the ball ala van Nistlerooij at United (although he does that well, too).

Stamford Bridge said:

What a clueless cnut.
Having the right build means more than just being tall, otherwise Tore Andre Flo would have been amongst the best strikers in the world.

Maybe something along the lines of Henry scoring all of ONE headed goal in the Prem should be food for thought eh.

Drogba's there to nod down balls and create space for smaller players, not to hold up the ball ala van Nistlerooij at United (although he does that well, too).

All you can attribute to Drogba is his ability to provide 'knock downs' and create space for others. £24 million well spent I'd say. Flo could have done that for you.

# Five's Alive said:
All you can attribute to Drogba is his ability to provide 'knock downs' and create space for others. £24 million well spent I'd say. Flo could have done that for you.

And score headers.

And as of last weekend, we can attribute a Premiership medal to him.

As I said, I couldn't give a feck if youse thought he was the worse striker in the world as long as Chelsea keep winning. Its the team, not the players.

Carvalho is a fecking horrible cnut by the way.

And Drogba is woeful

Chelsea will buy a top class centre forward in the summer.

sutty said:
Carvalho is a fecking horrible cnut by the way.

And Drogba is woeful

Chelsea will buy a top class centre forward in the summer.

Speaking of woeful, why is Pellegrino starting games while Hyypia is on the bench?

If it wasn't for Hyypia, you'd probably be out of the CL, as good as Carragher is this season. :wenger:

Stamford Bridge said:
Speaking of woeful, why is Pellegrino starting games while Hyypia is on the bench?

If it wasn't for Hyypia, you'd probably be out of the CL, as good as Carragher is this season. :wenger:

fecked if I know.

Sami had looked tired so maybe he thought he should be rested.

He has benefited from it and looks in great nick now though, yet Pellegrino keeps coming back into the team!!!

It does the match going reds head in.

sutty said:
It does the match going reds head in.

The rest of us, of course, are perfectly content to see Pellegrino preferred to Hyypia... ;)

Plus we don't have a massive wedge of money to spend on a world class centre half at the drop of a hat.

We certainly not in January we didn't.

Have to wonder if Raven becomes our semi-regular option next season

drogba was shite from day 1 in premiership... the match against us... missed so many chances... what a waste of money... drogba+kezman = roughly how much it costs to get rooney... i would have rooney any day

Roy Makaay would be a good option for Chelsea, and cheaper than those fantasy targets like Adriano and Shevchenko. Hope they don't get Makaay (and there was a rumor that Bayern would sell).

Roy Makaay would be a good option for Chelsea, and cheaper than those fantasy targets like Adriano and Shevchenko. Hope they don't get Makaay (and there was a rumor that Bayern would sell).

Undoubtedly Makaay would not be even close to as expensive as Adriano. The thing is, Adriano appears to be more suited to the EPL due to his strength and pace and he is far younger than Makaay. Furthermore, as a direct replacement of the awful Drogba, Adriano fits the description better imo. For most teams I would agree that Makaay may be a better buy due to the sheer difference in cost...for Chelsea though..I doubt it really makes a difference...

To be fair these Chelsea fans are at least all consistant, I remember one telling us gooners that Henry was in the top 10 best footballers of the premier league but definitely not the best....

All I would say is if RVN would have played same time as Drogba in chelski he would have atleast double the amt of goals. I reckon even heskey would have scored a couple more.

Drogba is shit, anyone who says otherwise is clearly blind.

ive tried to give drogba the benefit of the doubt, but he acts like such a pratt every time he scores (once every five or so games from two yards out) that i really cant stand him.

id wait until next season to judge him completely though, it often takes time to adapt.

but as far as this season goes, he has been shit.

Stamford Bridge said:
Henry was worse than Peter Crouch, his first season in England.
you can keep defending him but the guy is utter shite.. not surprised your the only one who cant see it. I mean what can he do.. he doesnt score goals, he does even test the keeper, pretty useless with the ball at feet, doesnt contribute to the buildup.. what a fecking waste of space. Just face it and get ready for him to be replaced. I do think hel get better but i dont understand why the 24 million and all the hype.

I have to question why Chelsea let him take freekicks?

he could have 3 nets up there and still put it high and wide