Drogba

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Do the chelsea supporters still prefer him to henry??
even in their 'system'
I mean fecking hell.. hes like a muscular forlan who cant score goals

can't say i've ever rated him. he looked ok at marseille but he looks shite in a good team that has to break down stubborn defences. he doesn't work for the ball, dives about and rolls around at the slightest touch and can't shoot straight. they would have been better off keeping crespo, at least he is a clinical finisher, drogba couldn't hit a donkeys arse with a barn door. £24 million definitely well spent ;)

drogba is a pile of turd.

Stanley Road said:
Chelsea fan at work despises him
lol.. but seriously i cant believe you spent 24 mill on him, and hes your main striker.. i know youv got your system going and all that, but hes hardly ever effective. One decent performance against bayern got everyone excited.

But i dont remember the last time such a shite and hyped striker played for one of the top teams.

I thought he was superb last season, so much pace and strength he looked a damn fine player, hes pulled a Heskey really, looked to be a beater but has turned out pap.

A broken legged Cisse looked more dangerous than Drogba, and he got more shots on target than Dreadba.

In fact, I've seen far more accomplished performances from Heskey in Europe!

drogba's a terrible striker since he joined from marseille! in general, chelsea's "strikeforce" is very poor, imo drogba, kezman and gudjohnsen are not that quality as most of the chelsea fans think!

I reckon he'll be a lot better next season

He's had to adapt to the English game, been injured and is low on confidence. Reckon he's a good player, not top bracket but very good.

Problem is though, the argument about adapting to the English game is generally utilized regarding players who are slight in build or are not used to the physical frentic nature of the EPL. Drogba imo is someone who's game is all about the physical side to the game, i.e. holding off defenders, muscling defenders out of the way etc. I really don't think Drogba will be improving all that much.

In any case, Chelsea may make this argument redundant by going out and purchasing Adriano and god knows who else...

Plechazunga said:

He's had to adapt to the English game, been injured and is low on confidence. Reckon he's a good player, not top bracket but very good.

i reckon he'll be replaced next season.

Drogba is overrated.Waste of money.

Plechazunga said:

I'd say he'll play even less next year. Snoozihno will not go the whole summer without spending some serious cash on a striker

He is an ok player, wouldn't write him off after one season though. Most foreign players need one season under their belt before they show what they are made of.

a_devil_inside said:
Drogba is a good player, but Henry is something else

Agreed Henry is shit and Drogba is class ;)

Has Mourinho actually made any good signings?
Tiago is a nobody, Carvallho and Ferriera are nothing special. What did they cost?

Who else has he signed?

amolbhatia100 said:
Do the chelsea supporters still prefer him to henry??
even in their 'system'
I mean fecking hell.. hes like a muscular forlan who cant score goals

Henry was worse than Peter Crouch, his first season in England.

Oh and as for Drogba, I hate him. He is huge but spends most of the match rolling around on the floor or sulking about a tear in his shorts. The rest of the time he spends missing headers and smashing chances above the goal. Then when he actually does score from a tap in he runs around screaming 'Im Back!' as if he just scored a 30 yard screamer. Twat.

Murt said:
Has Mourinho actually made any good signings?
Tiago is a nobody, Carvallho and Ferriera are nothing special. What did they cost?

Who else has he signed?

Tiago is average at best.

But Carvalho and Ferreira are nothing special? :wenger:
Thats like saying Rooney is nothing special. :lol: :lol:

Stamford Bridge said:
Henry was worse than Peter Crouch, his first season in England.

But he was young and coming off a terrible spell in Italy. Drogba is pretty much the finished article, and is a fanny.

Yesterday was one of the shabbiest Footballing displays by any player, in any game, ever.

Absolutely fecking abysmal he was, I felt like crying everytime he touched the ball. 'Adapting' my arse, if you spend £25 million quid you expect a better performance in big games than the one who trolled out yesterday. Disgraceful, stick Plech is a Chelsea shirt and he could have done a better job up top last night. Pathetic, stinking, wretched, pathetic. cnut.

GoonerGirl said:
Who preferred him to Henry? :lol:
sfnars16.jpg

uhoh.gif

VanNistelrater said:
Yesterday was one of the shabbiest Footballing displays by any player, in any game, ever.

Absolutely fecking abysmal he was, I felt like crying everytime he touched the ball. 'Adapting' my arse, if you spend £25 million quid you expect a better performance in big games than the one who trolled out yesterday. Disgraceful, stick Plech is a Chelsea shirt and he could have done a better job up top last night. Pathetic, stinking, wretched, pathetic. cnut.

Yes, last night he was shambolic.

Fortunately, some of his decent performances in other games have redeemed him to a certain extent.

Unlike, say, one Juan Sebastian Veron. ;)

to be fair, drogba was brilliant against munich. absolutely ran them ragged and gave their defenders a torrid time. shame he cant replicate that form against world class sides like liverpool.

Stamford Bridge said:
Yes, last night he was shambolic.

Fortunately, some of his decent performances in other games have redeemed him to a certain extent.

Unlike, say, one Juan Sebastian Veron. ;)
Dont even compare the two.

Seba was majestic in the CL, unfortunately he was sporadic in the PL.

Seriously though, a bottomless pit of money and you spend it on that carthouse, 180 minutes of Football, with a team costing a quater of a billion quid, and you couldnt stick a goal past the fecking scousers?

Even we've beaten them convincingly twice, home and away, this season!

"convincingly" :confused:

the annual gift from jerzy dudek does not constitute a "convincing" win. although fair play to you lot, you defended very well at anfield.

We passed you off the park, in both games.

You defended well yesterday, heroically infact, but a Chelsea side made of the money they were made of were good enough to beat you. Several players were underpar, Lampard was terrible which was pleasing, Drogba was hideously shite, as was Geremi, Tiago and Kezman. The only two players who played well were Makelele and Gudjohnsen.

yeah agreed. how geremi was not sold over the summer (or even signed in the first place) is completely beyond me. there needs to be a major overhaul this summer with some of chelsea's squad players, as alot of them are quite questionable.