Donald Trump - GUILTY!

This feels so close now. The guy is actually going to jail for the mugshot. I really hope nothing goes wrong and no one (prosecutors, judges or jury) screws up at this point.

You worked there?

edit: I went through the article. That's a real house of horrors.
No, I was a client. Got to sleep in my cell on a thin rubber mat or roll the mat up & use it as a pillow while lying on metal, no sheets were provided. Lights in cell on 24/7. Bologna makes me gag to this day. The sounds the fellow psych ward inmates would make at all hours were surreal & constantly persistent.

Try to never get arrested in Fulton County.

trump-truth.png

It’s a cult. It’s going to be studied for years. If they allow it to be of course.

Imagine trusting some guy you don't actually know, over your own family and friends, insane.

:nervous:
It’s a cult. It’s going to be studied for years. If they allow it to be of course.

A cult is a small group. Like Christianity was a cult when it first started out.

But this is a significant portion of the entire population of the country -- over 100+ million?

I see he will now definitely not debate :(

Kind of a shame. He is going to win either way, but would be fun to see him beat up on his Republican rivals.

The only good part about trump is that is entretaining, abd he doesnt even give us that

The only good part about trump is that is entretaining, abd he doesnt even give us that

Yeah, debates gonna be boring now, so i dont see any reason to watch anything beyond the highlights now.

Not a cult per se but cult of personality for sure, and the definitive proof that an authoritarian cult of personality fantasy exists in 30% or so of any population.

Yeah, I can see that argument. On the other hand, he would destroy them easily and thereby get a lot of exposure before the general election.

He could destroy them. But why take the chance -- what if his gofer drops the bottle of Adderall into the loo right before 'debate'?

Moore told NPR in an interview released Tuesday that multiple pastors had told him they would quote the Sermon on the Mount, specifically the part that says to “turn the other cheek,” when preaching. Someone would come up after the service and ask, “Where did you get those liberal talking points?”

“What was alarming to me is that in most of these scenarios, when the pastor would say, ‘I’m literally quoting Jesus Christ,’ the response would not be, ‘I apologize.’ The response would be, ‘Yes, but that doesn’t work anymore. That’s weak,’” Moore said. “When we get to the point where the teachings of Jesus himself are seen as subversive to us, then we’re in a crisis.”

Moore told NPR in an interview released Tuesday that multiple pastors had told him they would quote the Sermon on the Mount, specifically the part that says to “turn the other cheek,” when preaching. Someone would come up after the service and ask, “Where did you get those liberal talking points?”

“What was alarming to me is that in most of these scenarios, when the pastor would say, ‘I’m literally quoting Jesus Christ,’ the response would not be, ‘I apologize.’ The response would be, ‘Yes, but that doesn’t work anymore. That’s weak,’” Moore said. “When we get to the point where the teachings of Jesus himself are seen as subversive to us, then we’re in a crisis.”

You know, Al Franken's supply side Jesus wasn't as much of a joke as it was actual reality.

I've been thinking about these folks and it got me wondering. Just as fascism came out of a crisis of liberalism/capitalism, or to put it broader, a global political-economy crisis where people were searching for new extreme political ideology to replace the standard ones. Today's political right are looking for the same thing. However, they have hit a wall.

They are searching for extreme/totalitarian political ideology, but this is in a contemporary period where family (or broader society) can still remember relatives, or stories of relatives, that went and killed fascists to bring back normality. So these people cannot openly call themselves fascists in the german/italian sense, we literally came together as a "world" to kill them. Some obviously do, but i'm thinking broader. They are searching for neo-fascism, or using fascism as the starting point, but don't have a coherent ideology or a new crisis to coalesce around. Do you get what I mean?

Nazism, The Holocaust, Mussolini are foundations of what we understand as "the bad guys", so it can't just be a re-tread of the classics. I'm finding it truly terrifying and almost fascinating (from a political science aspect) that we could potentially be witnessing a new political ideology being created.

Last edited:
This feels so close now. The guy is actually going to jail for the mugshot. I really hope nothing goes wrong and no one (prosecutors, judges or jury) screws up at this point.

I haven’t been following closely. He’s actually going to get sentenced and thrown into prison?

I've been thinking about these folks and it got me wondering. Just as fascism came out of a crisis of liberalism/capitalism, or to put it broader, a global political-economy crisis where people were searching for new extreme political ideology to replace the standard ones. Today's political right are looking for the same thing. However, they have hit a wall.

They are searching for extreme/totalitarian political ideology, but this is in a contemporary period where family (or broader society) can still remember relatives, or stories of relatives, that went and killed fascists to bring back normality. So these people cannot openly call themselves fascists in the german/italian sense, we literally came together as a "world" to kill them. Some obviously do, but i'm thinking broader. They are searching for neo-fascism, or using fascism as the starting point, but don't have a coherent ideology or a new crisis to coalesce around. Do you get what I mean?

Nazism, The Holocaust, Mussolini are foundations of what we understand as "the bad guys", so it can't just be a re-tread of the classics. I'm finding it truly terrifying and almost fascinating (from a political science aspect) that we could potentially be witnessing a new political ideology being created.
They’re searching for, in US terms, another Huey Long. His brand of cult of personality + populism in 1930s Louisiana is, I think, right in line with what you’re trying to describe here.

I haven’t been following closely. He’s actually going to get sentenced and thrown into prison?

Sadly not yet. But he has to actually go to the penitentiary to take the mugshot, not indictments in court this time. It makes the whole thing look more real.

On paper it looks like he could get away with a fine or similar from the NY charges, and the scenario in Florida is more unpredictable as it will depend a lot on the jury. But Georgia looks like the one that can actually being him down.

I see he will now definitely not debate :(

Kind of a shame. He is going to win either way, but would be fun to see him beat up on his Republican rivals.

One good thing is that now Biden can also refuse to debate against Trump.

Which is probably the best thing to do, because Biden is quite old, and in general there is no point debating against a bullshitter like Trump.

Sadly not yet. But he has to actually go to the penitentiary to take the mugshot, not indictments in court this time. It makes the whole thing look more real.

On paper it looks like he could get away with a fine or similar from the NY charges, and the scenario in Florida is more unpredictable as it will depend a lot on the jury. But Georgia looks like the one that can actually being him down.
If convicted of the RICO charge the minimum sentence is 5 years.