Dominik Szoboszlai

£60 million this lad, 3 goals and 3 assists despite being touted as having a great shot, being so strong and fast and having great set pieces. All sorts of excuses about playing deeper, but he has looked pretty toothless in any position.

Similar stats to Antony, but none of the memes. Klopp has hamstrung Slot with some of these signings. This one has been under the radar bad.

I don't think you can compare him to Antony too much given the different roles they play.

He's already had really serious injury problems before he joined Liverpool. I've not paid much attention to Liverpool, but maybe the ones he had that derailed him last season are a sign he's not going to be up to it physically. He looked very sluggish at the Euro compared to some of the earlier nations league games I watched him in, though I wouldn't call him a fast player from those either.

I don't think you can compare him to Antony too much given the different roles they play.

He's already had really serious injury problems before he joined Liverpool. I've not paid much attention to Liverpool, but maybe the ones he had that derailed him last season are a sign he's not going to be up to it physically. He looked very sluggish at the Euro compared to some of the earlier nations league games I watched him in, though I wouldn't call him a fast player from those either.

Obviously different roles, but it’s just an example. Some expensive players get absolutely piled on and made a laughing stock, while others seem to get off with a large number of poor/average performances.

My point was that Antony has been largely very average, but still harries and harasses like this guy does. And that’s pretty much all they both offer. One is a meme and one is still considered as potentially a top class player.

He has been really poor so far and has had his time to settle in.

Honestly I’m waiting to see this £50 million midfielder he’s supposed to be. He was dreadful today and hasn’t had a consistently good run of games since early on last season.

Giving me Keita vibes in terms of his performances.

Honestly I’m waiting to see this £50 million midfielder he’s supposed to be. He was dreadful today and hasn’t had a consistently good run of games since early on last season.

Giving me Keita vibes in terms of his performances.
Didn’t see the game but most of the ratings I saw had him as your best attacking player - was that not the case?

Didn’t see the game but most of the ratings I saw had him as your best attacking player - was that not the case?
They must’ve been watching a different game. All he did was give the ball away.

They must’ve been watching a different game. All he did was give the ball away.
I thought Harvey Elliott easily out performed Szobozslai and was among your best performers during the pre-season so I'm surprised he hasn't had a sniff so far.

Should’ve been sent off yesterday as well. The referee just randomly chose not to book him for kicking the ball (significantly) away towards the end.

been good so far this season except for Saturday.

Been struggling overall since the halfway point of last season though. must be a confidence issue as he clearly has ability in spades.

Been fairly shite for a good while now. Pretty clear he has no real ability or skill, just made a good start to the season last year. Arshavin mk 2.

been good so far this season except for Saturday.

Been struggling overall since the halfway point of last season though. must be a confidence issue as he clearly has ability in spades.
I'm intrigued to know the specific spades of ability he apparently has, other than scoring a couple of long distance goals a season.

I thought Harvey Elliott easily out performed Szobozslai and was among your best performers during the pre-season so I'm surprised he hasn't had a sniff so far.
He just picked up an injury. Out for 6 weeks.

I'm intrigued to know the specific spades of ability he apparently has, other than scoring a couple of long distance goals a season.
really good technique, excellent passer, strong, fast, can run for days.

It's weird how he manages to not make good use of it so often.