Position: Defender - Right-Back
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Proeleven S.A.
Squad Number: #20
Contract until: Jun 30, 2028
Contract Option: Club Option 1 Year
Date of last contract extension: May 31, 2023
Outfitter: Puma​

Very good athlete. He’s taken his time, but I think over the next few years he can become on of the best fullbacks around.

I feel he will go another level up this season, he is quality and has nailed the starter role at RB.

Also has the Bruno-ish ability to play every game and hardly ever be injured.
And Ronaldo hardly ever missed games either. The Portuguese players seem quite injury resistant (really hope that's not a jinx!)

Big season for him. Will have prove that last season wasn't a fluke and ending his season on a disappointment after his Euros (lack of) involvement beyond the first game; it probably was justified seeing his performances playing in that Martinez clusterfeck managed team but Cancelo did also step up. There were a few media pieces last season talking about his work ethic and mental maturity, which does seem to align with what we're seeing on the pitch, possibly helped by Ronaldo as he's said himself. Interestingly, his growth reminds me of Fletcher, where it 'suddenly' just clicked athletically, tactically, technically and mentally. Again, that was also inspired by Ronaldo's off the pitch work. As an individual, I really think Dalot could have that Fletcher-like kind of influence in this team.

Hopefully, we will get to see him link up with Amad down that right channel as he's a much more cerebral type of winger/wide playmaker, where Dalot's conventional strengths would suit them as a duo.

I was pleasantly surprised with his performance last season having not really rated him before.

Teixeira is such a cool name. Does make me think of Brazilian corruption scandals but it's still cool :lol:

Teixeira is such a cool name. Does make me think of Brazilian corruption scandals but it's still cool :lol:
I've always been intrigued by the name 'Dalot'. Is it a typical Portuguese name? With the silent 't', it almost sounds more French. Can any of our resident Portuguese posters enlighten me?

I've always been intrigued by the name 'Dalot'. Is it a typical Portuguese name? With the silent 't', it almost sounds more French. Can any of our resident Portuguese posters enlighten me?

It’s Italian, I think..

With Mazraoui coming in and Shaw frequently injured I could see Dalot playing a lot of games at LB this season.

With Mazraoui coming in and Shaw frequently injured I could see Dalot playing a lot of games at LB this season.
I suspect Mazraoui is more than likely the one who'll fill in at LB, if money permitted I wouldn't mind us signing an actual LB though.

Watching some games last season, commentators including Scholars spoke about how Dalot moved into mf during games and did very well.

Any chance this is the plan?

Very good athlete. He’s taken his time, but I think over the next few years he can become on of the best fullbacks around.

Probably the most athletic player in the squad. Man's shredded.
I've noticed in interviews/Q&A pretty much everyone says he's the best trainer in the squad. From what I've read he's obsessed with trying to better himself, meticulous about diet and using recovery techniques he learned from the likes of Maldini at Milan. Just as professional as they come by all accounts and it's starting to show on the pitch. The Portuguese are doing something right when you consider the likes of Bruno, Ronaldo and Pepe. Bernardo Silva and others too run all day

As is customary Shaw's out injured again. I pray Dalot stays fit because he's in for another long season with no backup in AWB and with Mazraoui presumably filing in at LB with Malacia out until December.

I think he will establish himself as one of the best in his position this season. Really hoping so anyway

Thought he was very good playing out of position on the left. People are understadably hyped about Maz, but this guy is still very good himself.

I thought he was decent but far below the levels of last season. Post summer tournament season hangover, no preseason and now finds himself shifted out of his natural position. Poor guy can't catch a break after building up so momentum from last season!

If he is the player that we think he is, hopefully he'll get up to speed with a few more games.

Such a reliable player IMO. Hopefully Mazraoui can stay fit, as performance wise I can see him being similar.

Can Mazraoui play lb for Dalot to be switched back?
Absolutely! I think it depends on opponent. Up against Amada, dalot was more suited as he's much stronger physically. But Mazraoui did go left back vs real Madrid for Bayern in the CL semis and did well.

He was good but he’s clearly better on the right than the left. Love Dalot, I think he’s the sort of player who could play pretty much anywhere on the pitch.

Saw this pop up on my facebook feed and have absolutely no memory of it. Looks so weird see two current Man United starters playing against each other, but especially that its Dalot. He's such a Man United player, the idea of him playing against us is strange.

455941373_18454659343003654_8751149492217800417_n.jpg

Saw this pop up on my facebook feed and have absolutely no memory of it. Looks so weird see two current Man United starters playing against each other, but especially that its Dalot. He's such a Man United player, the idea of him playing against us is strange.

455941373_18454659343003654_8751149492217800417_n.jpg

Woah. Presumably he was out on loan? Seems even weirder that it’s Amad in the photo.

Class player who'll probably be at Madrid/Barca before long unfortunately.

To be honest, I wouldn't hold it against him.

Played very well.

The fact that he plays roughly at well at LB as RB is a big help to the squad.