De Ligt | Manchester United open talks with Bayern

NLunited

I have a few worries on this transfer.

De Ligt was a one time golden boy. Didn’t really stick at Juventus, now being moved on at Bayern. They don’t usually sell unless they feel the player is on the downside. Pace is potentially an issue… I really think his positioning is excellent as well as his distribution.

We are being linked with Araujo as well, I think I’d prefer him. His nasty steak would fit well with Lisandro.
What, Araujo is also a butcher?

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
That‘s right we Dutch are blessed with a multitude of defenders. We should retrain some of those feckers into strikers, we‘d be all set.
Just stick Van Dijk up top. Groningen did it multiple times and it paid off :lol:

Pronewbie

Peep
I'm assuming we're able to offer 10% less than his current wages because of the tax difference. Not too bad if we get him for a EUR45M fee. If he were that good other top clubs would be swarming over this deal.

Considering they're going for a similar fee, I think I'd have preferred the pacey and versatile van de Ven who is 1 year younger and was good business by Spurs. I was hoping the club would be making transfers like this. I wouldn't be surprised if this deal has been used as a negotiation tool to determine De Ligt's fee.

Walters_19_MuFc

I can't imagine we'll get De Ligt and Branthwaite, especially when taking into consideration what Branthwaite could potentially cost.

I think someone like Riccardo Calafiori could represent good value for money, as Bologna are apparently asking for €50m (42M).

Dalot/Wan Bissaka - De Ligt/Maguire - Martinez/Calafiori - Shaw/Malacia

NLunited

Matthias (Matthijs) De Ligt bullshit bingo.

1. failed at Bayern and Juve
  2. old
  3. former Ajax player do not want
  4. average passer
  5. as slow as Maguire
  6. another eredivisie player do not want
  7. always injured
  8. Ten Hag knows him do not want
  9. doesn‘t start for his country
  10. benched by Dier
  11. he is fat
  12. too cheap something is fishy
  13. too expensive
  14. Maguire is better
  15. his dad is also fat
  16. has the turn circle of a lorry truck
What did I miss?

Last edited:

2. old
  4. average passer
  5. as slow as Maguire
  7. always injured
  10. benched by Dier
  11. he is fat
  13. too expensive
  14. Maguire is better
What did I miss?
15. Dad is obese

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I can't imagine we'll get De Ligt and Branthwaite, especially when taking into consideration what Branthwaite could potentially cost.

I think someone like Riccardo Calafiori could represent good value for money, as Bologna are apparently asking for €50m (42M).

Basel gets 50% of the fee for Calafiori. That deal will get expensive. Meanwhile we need someone to play as LB as Shaw/Malacia had been out for most of last season and might still be out till the time of writing.

Crimson King

De Ligt was a one time golden boy. Didn’t really stick at Juventus, now being moved on at Bayern. They don’t usually sell unless they feel the player is on the downside. Pace is potentially an issue… I really think his positioning is excellent as well as his distribution.

We are being linked with Araujo as well, I think I’d prefer him. His nasty steak would fit well with Lisandro.
Araujo would be on a lot of club's lists if he actually became available, which I highly doubt he will

devilsadvoca8

2. old
  4. average passer
  5. as slow as Maguire
  7. always injured
  10. benched by Dier
  11. he is fat
  13. too expensive
  14. Maguire is better
  15. his dad is also fat
What did I miss?
Turns like a lorry truck.

Last edited:

MF1138

I know we all think of Bayern as an extremely savvy well run club, that don't sell good players or make bad decisions. But currently they are not the same well run club that they have been. This isn't to say they're anywhere close to the omnishambles we've been over the last 10 years, but they're not the efficient German machine they once were. So the the fact they're willing to sell De Ligt really isn't the black mark some around here seem to think it is.

Redplane

Massive moobs (planned for Christmas)
The Dutch league is a league were you can play Martinez (5ft9) and Timber (5ft10) as a successful CB pairing
What a silly thing to focus on. We've had plenty of top defenders in the game who were about the same height or possibly shorter (athlete heights are usually exaggerated). Guys like Puyol and Baresi to name a few were hardly giants.

Walters_19_MuFc

Basel gets 50% of the fee for Calafiori. That deal will get expensive. Meanwhile we need someone to play as LB as Shaw/Malacia had been out for most of last season and might still be out till the time of writing.
Calafiori can play left back, too. If not him, then I believe we should be targeting a versatile player who can play LCB and LB, which is pretty much the way the modern game is going now with the likes of Gvardiol, Ake, Hernandez, Kiwior, Shaw, etc.

RedRocket9908

Van der Sar arguably flopped at Juve, too, and was wildly successful here. Not overly worried about Dutch players in England.
I dont think De Ligt really flopped at Juventus, he was a regular there making 117 apps and scoring 8 goals over his 3 seasons and won all 3 domestic trophies.

Rolaholic

He's elite and a beast but we can't afford him unfortunately

seegoblu

Are we sure that his dad is still fat? Would the Caf like de Ligt better if his dad was on Ozempic and was super skinny now?

GledTheRed

Lads relax, I'm on holiday and bumped into some guys from the Netherlands.

Asked about De Ligt and they all said absolutely yeah.

Asked about Memphis and they all said no way he's just trying to be famous.

Asked about Zrizkee and they said he's good but United should be aiming higher.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Netherlands could put together a decent lineup with the players they had on the bench:

Bijlow
Geertruida de Ligt van de Ven Maatsen
Wijnaldum Veerman Gravenberch
Frimpong Weghorst Malen
Koeman has his favourites.
God, I forgot about Van de Ven. They really are blessed with a lot of good CB's.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout

2. old
  4. average passer
  5. as slow as Maguire
  7. always injured
  10. benched by Dier
  11. he is fat
  13. too expensive
  14. Maguire is better
  15. his dad is also fat
What did I miss?
Bayern won't let go of a good player if there weren't red flags.

Also, United have very rarely had a high profile signing from a top European club work out.

lysglimt

Scout
He's elite and a beast but we can't afford him unfortunately

I "love" these - if someone overpays MADLY - this and that club will sell the player. There are maybe 7-8 players in the P.L who wouldn't be sold if an offer like that came in

lex talionis

A risk worth taking. I'd like to see ETH not run players into the ground. You can overdo rotation but between the four competitions and WC qualifiers for our international players we need a better use of the squad that we have and not run the XI too hard so that we cripple the squad with injuries.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I love Malacia way more than you, but he's not good enough for United. I'll take 1 out of 3 though. Afraid I can't consistently make those impressive numbers though :lol:
Yes he is. He’d have been ample cover for Shaw. It’s unfortunate are they both had long term injuries at the same time.

He’s a better left back than Dalot (but not a better full back). He’s a better second choice LB than most other sides in the top 6 have in reserve too.

No world beater, but he was cheap enough, could be sold for a profit, and is the perfect profile for the squad right now.

Red Rash

The injury record of these two is pretty worrying. The rest looks decent although I think AWB will leave and we'll get a new backup RB

FujiVice

If De Ligt was a flop at 23, what was Van Dijk at the same age? Nobody is a flop at that age. He's got years to become an even better player than he already is.

criticalanalysis

Yes he is. He’d have been ample cover for Shaw. It’s unfortunate are they both had long term injuries at the same time.

He’s a better left back than Dalot (but not a better full back). He’s a better second choice LB than most other sides in the top 6 have in reserve too.

No world beater, but he was cheap enough, could be sold for a profit, and is the perfect profile for the squad right now.
He's repeatedly said how much he loves Malacia and doesn't think he's good enough for us. At this point, I think it's just pure cope and lowering the standard/expectations so that if he really does poorly for us, he won't be so 'hurt' and that Utd fans had already seen that narrative.

Like you, I believe he's been a good buy for us and if the reports are true, most of his poorer performances have been because he was playing on with that injury. Last season was a big fat shame as I was looking forward to seeing him play more; he's got some good attributes, like being press resistance, good first touch, passing and he has a dogged mentality on defence.