Day 9: Cameroon vs Serbia | South Korea vs Ghana | Brazil vs Switzerland | Portugal vs Uruguay

So what you're saying is theres no guarantee you're going to get any added time beyond the minimum 10 minutes right?
Eh? Im saying just because ten minutes has been put up , doesn't mean it should end right on ten on the dot
If a player is down for two minutes then it going twelve minutes is understandable and expected

I'm baffled by comments like this. It's always 'minimum' time.
Damn he gave 10mins added time played till 11mins. First of all I don't know where the 10 mins came from
You wanted them to play till SK scored?

Unwritten rule to whose advantage? The team losing?

So not the point here, a minimum is added and the ref can decide for himself how long he carries on. I didn't even comment whether it was right or wrong back then. And even then you're just plain wrong with your 9th minute bullshit since the corner was taken exactly on the 97th minute mark.

You're one of those very weird posters who have to make everything Liverpool-related even when I'm posting in a World Cup thread. Very tiresome.

South Korea was passing it around at the back when the clock struck 100' without any urgency. Had the ref blown then they wouldn't even have complained. You're not guaranteed another minute just because you get a corner kick. Look at yourselves and what you did do wrong or didn't do enough of, rather than be a crybaby in front of the ref.
I agree, feck Liverpool

;)

Good come back but there was no fight and desire to win the aerial long balls. Son was toothless in attack. Lee Kangin should have started both games. Starting my day off shitty.

Damn he gave 10mins added time played till 11mins. First of all I don't know where the 10 mins came from
You wanted them to play till SK scored?

Unwritten rule to whose advantage? The team losing?
:lol: this is just an insane argument

Whatever is allocated + any additional injury time within the injury time

It's not 'maximum' added time. Otherwise a winning team player can just lay down injured for half the time

Which is what the ref did.

He could have blown straight for FT the moment the goal kick was taken but didn’t and allowed them a final chance within the allocated time to create something which they were too busy passing amongst themselves and then the defender takes a shot.

So not the point here, a minimum is added and the ref can decide for himself how long he carries on. I didn't even comment whether it was right or wrong back then. And even then you're just plain wrong with your 9th minute bullshit since the corner was taken exactly on the 97th minute mark.

You're one of those very weird posters who have to make everything Liverpool-related even when I'm posting in a World Cup thread. Very tiresome.

Yes. Because there's a very high profile recent incident, involving your own team, of that thing you've just said shouldn't happen. :lol:

Pretty shocking to see him blow the whistle with S Korea having a corner kick....Bento lost his shit which is to be expected

Fred and Casemiro starting for Brazil.

Wanted to see Rodrygo as the 10 but Tite has decided on Paqueta for some reason, Rodrygo was brilliant when coming on for Neymar last game.

Which is what the ref did.

He could have blown straight for FT the moment the goal kick was taken but didn’t and allowed them a final chance within the allocated time to create something which they were too busy passing amongst themselves and then the defender takes a shot.
No he didn't
He blew on 100:54
The player was down for nearly two minutes
Plus you had a sub in the extra time

Im baffled why this is difficult for some in here

Yes. Because there's a very high profile recent incident, involving your own team, of that thing you've just said shouldn't happen. :lol:
That is not at all what I said mate.

I said the South Korean players and manager didn't have any right to complain to the ref. Had Taylor let them play on until the 112th minute, would've been fine by me either. Just accept the ref's decision though and don't complain, no matter what. That was my point.

They only would've been right to complain if he had blown his whistle before the 10 minutes added time were fully played, which he very clearly didn't.

Eh? Im saying just because ten minutes has been put up , doesn't mean it should end right on ten on the dot
If a player is down for two minutes then it going twelve minutes is understandable and expected

It didn't and the player wasn't down for 2 minutes anyway, it was a smidge over 1 minute.

Just accept the ref's decision though and don't complain, no matter what. That was my point.

They only would've been right to complain if he had blown his whistle before the 10 minutes added time were fully played, which he very clearly didn't.

Easier said then done in a high stakes match like this.

Apparently the games are getting better as soon as the players have at least 2 weeks to prepare. I hope that's a good sign for the rest of the tournament.

It's crazy that at this point we only have 1 team qualified for next round (France) and 2 out (Qatar and Canada). The end of the group stages could be frantic in several groups.

Today Brazil and Portugal can advance to 2nd round too.

That is not at all what I said mate.

I said the South Korean players and manager didn't have any right to complain to the ref. Had Taylor let them play on until the 112th minute, would've been fine by me either. Just accept the ref's decision though and don't complain, no matter what. That was my point.

Because this is what Liverpool's fans, players and manager would have done had the ref done the same in that Newcastle game and blown up with them having a corner?

There's a very well established convention of referees allowing attacking set pieces to play out if they're won before the whistle. Refs will even usually let keepers put the ball back in play from a goal kick etc before they blow up, let alone corners etc. Any team is going to feel aggrieved in that situation.

Easier said then done in a high stakes match like this.
I can definitely understand their feelings, but harrassing the ref is just being a sore loser and trying to reflect your own shortcomings in the game on something external imo. Poor behavior, but understandable nonetheless. Maybe ask yourself first why you didn't really come close to scoring in those other 10 minutes which were added or the 10 minutes before that.

Because this is what Liverpool's fans, players and manager would have done had the ref done the same in that Newcastle game and blown up with them having a corner?
This is indeed the way I conduct myself throughout life, asking the question "How would I myself react as a Liverpool fan and what would Klopp and our players do?" for every single action I take or opinion I hold.

Being a proper fan is hard, man.

It didn't and the player wasn't down for 2 minutes anyway, it was a smidge over 1 minute.
Look at the original comment I responded to.
The guy said ten minutes was already played as if it's maximum ten minutes added on

Regardless I checked and it was not a smidge over one minute. It was nearly two minutes plus a sub which is 30 seconds.
Ref didn't even allow one full one minute extra

This is indeed the way I conduct myself throughout life, asking the question "How would I myself react as a Liverpool fan and what would Klopp and our players do?" for every single action I take or opinion I hold.

Liverpool is the example because the referee made the opposite/conventional decision in their game this season. As I said, any team would be fecked off with the ref blowing up there. There's really need to be so defensive about it.

It's crazy that at this point we only have 1 team qualified for next round (France) and 2 out (Qatar and Canada). The end of the group stages could be frantic in several groups.

Today Brazil and Portugal can advance to 2nd round too.

Aye I don't remember this being the norm in tournaments and I'm pretty sure none of the other teams will be out even if Portugal/Brazil go through today.

Even though, I rather see Bruno G. Fred overall has played well for us to be fair.

I can definitely understand their feelings, but harrassing the ref is just being a sore loser and trying to reflect your own shortcomings in the game on something external imo. Poor behavior, but understandable nonetheless. Maybe ask yourself first why you didn't really come close to scoring in those other 10 minutes which were added or the 10 minutes before that.

I thought they did come close. And were getting more dangerous
I get your point but it's easier to say when you're not invested like he is or have your job on the line. Football is full of emotions and fully understand his anger in the moment when the ref blew there.

Was in the 12th minute of 10 added minutes. Should have blown even before the shot was taken.

not true....when the ball went out of play the clock was at 100:48. He should have allowed the corner kick and once it was cleared, then you blow the whistle.

Shaqiri's a big loss for Switzerland. They'll definitely want him back for Serbia game