Day 9: Cameroon vs Serbia | South Korea vs Ghana | Brazil vs Switzerland | Portugal vs Uruguay

Yes but at the same time, is it too much to expect some understanding from the ref. Did he need to red card him?
Manager seemed to have little understanding for the ref, no idea why you should have any respect or consideration when it's clear the other party doesn't have any for you.

Don't get why some are complaining about the non corner, it was after the allotted time anyway, theres no rule to say you must allow a corner after the time is up. He was right to blow the whistle.

Also, that SK coach is an absolute feckin bellend.

Go feck yourself if you're complaining to the ref for not giving a corner after the 11th minute of 10 minutes extra. You didn't do enough, deal with it.
livnew.png

the Ghanaian player did stay down "Injured" around the 96 minute mark, plus the goalkeeper took a bit of time taking a goal kick.

But taking pot shots from a long distance in the 100th minute isn't helpful

Should have let them take the corner

Hopefully the next game is just as good as these first two

It was a corner. Let them take it. But typical english ref to make it all about him.
He could've easily blew the whistle when Ghana had it in SK's half.

He let them have one more chance. Defender tried a shot from nearer the halfway line instead of getting it in the box, idiot.

Absolutely disgraceful from the South Korea manager. He needs a long, long ban for that.

Carrying on as though 1 more cross was going to make all the difference after they'd wasted 450 in the last ten minutes already.

It might have. We don't know and won't know. Thats the beauty of football, one cross or one moment can be decisive

Let them play on until Korea score is essentially what I'm reading right now :lol:
They had 11 minutes of injury time ffs

Pretty sure a Ghana player was down for about a minute... regardless, it's a corner, you can let the ball come in the box and then blow straight after.

Any attacking team would be fuming... if it was United I'd be raging - and we're shit at corners! :lol:

Yeah and everyone else in here would be if it was their team. I can certainly understand the frustration for the South Koreans.

This coming from a Liverpool fan is fecking funny
Because our own manager is a sore loser I can't call out others who are too?

I don't see the relevance here.

Pretty sure a Ghana player was down for about a minute... regardless, it's a corner, you can let the ball come in the box and then blow straight after.

Any attacking team would be fuming... if it was United I'd be raging - and we're shit at corners! :lol:
This happened when we faced Madrid away in that 1-1 game iirc. It was insane back then too

Its an unwritten rule to leave em have the corner ye gowls, understandable to be annoyed if your from SK or got them in your sweepstake!

Liverpool winning a game this season from a corner that was allowed to be taken in the 9th minute of 5 mins added time.

Of course you don't remember, because it's fine when it benefits Liverpool :lol:

The deliveries from wide areas in this Korea Ghana game was sensational. Wow. So much quality. Probably the highest quality game of this World Cup thus far.

Even though it benefited Liverpool, that was well deserved. Newcastle are the biggest time-wasters in the league and were pathetic that night. Karma hit them like a truck.

South Korea fully deserved to get a draw here as well though.

Yes but at the same time, is it too much to expect some understanding from the ref. Did he need to red card him?
We have no idea what was said.. If it was just pointing out where Ghana wasted time, then very unfair... but it couldve been more.

Amazing win for Ghana.

I'd be very surprised. Their defending's horrible. I'd expect both Uruguay and Portugal to go through
I'll tell you what... we aren't going to do anything special this World Cup, not with Darwin Nuñez upfront. If we beat Portugal today and Cavani looks like he could have an Indian Summer tourno, fine, but if we don't and it's us or them I'd be happy to see Ghana go through.

They can get that 2010 monkey off their back for starters and I think the way they reacted against Portugal and today, they've got a swagger about them that could surprise going forward. Chaotic and all, they could have some run, while we are going to fizzle out as quickly as balls bounce off Nuñez' boots.

Ghana v Uruguay should be fantastic btw. You got the history there too

I'm baffled by comments like this. It's always 'minimum' time.

So how long extra should they get then? The ref gave them the extra bit of time in which they were passing it amongst themselves and then the defender took the shot.

I'm baffled by comments like this. It's always 'minimum' time.

So what you're saying is theres no guarantee you're going to get any added time beyond the minimum 10 minutes right?

Don't get why some are complaining about the non corner, it was after the allotted time anyway, theres no rule to say you must allow a corner after the time is up. He was right to blow the whistle.

Also, that SK coach is an absolute feckin bellend.

Agreed, you see the whistle blown in situations like that all the time and if he'd allowed the corner and SK scored he'd be getting stick for that too, you can't win.

I'd love to have seen both Ghana and S Korea make it through but it won't happen

Suarez training with the GK this week to be fully ready for Ghana :drool:

Typical I'm working and the games have been good today which keeps happening like missing England vs Iran but having to sit through their bore draw with usa, I bet tonight's game will be 0-0 haha

So how long extra should they get then? The ref gave them the extra bit of time in which they were passing it amongst themselves and then the defender took the shot.
Whatever is allocated + any additional injury time within the injury time

It's not 'maximum' added time. Otherwise a winning team player can just lay down injured for half the time

Liverpool winning a game this season from a corner that was allowed to be taken in the 9th minute of 5 mins added time.

Of course you don't remember, because it's fine when it benefits Liverpool :lol:
So not the point here, a minimum is added and the ref can decide for himself how long he carries on. I didn't even comment whether it was right or wrong back then. And even then you're just plain wrong with your 9th minute bullshit since the corner was taken exactly on the 97th minute mark.

You're one of those very weird posters who have to make everything Liverpool-related even when I'm posting in a World Cup thread. Very tiresome.

South Korea was passing it around at the back when the clock struck 100' without any urgency. Had the ref blown then they wouldn't even have complained. You're not guaranteed another minute just because you get a corner kick. Look at yourselves and what you did do wrong or didn't do enough of, rather than be a crybaby in front of the ref.