Day 7: Tunisia vs Australia | Poland vs Saudi Arabia | France vs Denmark | Argentina vs Mexico

Some of these anthems are so old, im surprised they haven't rebooted them.

I like watching Mbappe you know, he’s good entertainment as well as being effective on the game.

Strongest matchup in the world Cup by a distance out of the games so far. Good marker to see where both of these are at

Just hope this doesn’t go the same way the 2018 game went between these teams.

If I recall correctly, a draw would send both teams through in that game, with France winning the group, so there wasn't a lot of incentive to go for it.

Rabiot is a good player. Didn't get all the criticism when we were linked with him in the summer....

Rabiot is a good player. Didn't get all the criticism when we were linked with him in the summer....

He's had a good season but he had been poor for the last couple years before that. The concern was understandable at the time.

You obviously don't know him well enough. He's as frustrating (if not more) than Pogba without the sheer talent and with an over-intrusive mother.

I hate even sort of agreeing with Souness... but Giroud is a massively over-rated. Almost anyone could score goals for great France sides. It's like when they told us that clown in goal who we bought was good - with that French defence he rarely had to do anything

You obviously don't know him well enough. He's as frustrating (if not more) than Pogba without the sheer talent and with an over-intrusive mother.
I thought I'd seen Pogba's name for the last time in these threads. Please let it now be so

Hope France win this, stop this whole World Cup winner curse bullshit but will most likely be a draw game.

Dembele's been fantastic in the first 2 games

He's been fantastic since last season. Funny that the CAF was pretty down on him when it looked like United may try for him.

I wonder if France are actually better without Kante and Pogba in that midfield. They look well balanced (so far).

Anyone notice that they seem to be play some of the anthems at double speed: America's yesterday and now the french. Some of the players looked like they were having trouble keeping up!

Stadium looks 50% full, pretty clear that European team fans haven't traveled to the amount from other continents.

He's been fantastic since last season. Funny that the CAF was pretty down on him when it looked like United may try for him.

I think that was probably moreso down to his injury problems which he seems to have overcome. It was quite a while ago now that we were linked. I'd definitely take him now in a heartbeat.

He's had a good season but he had been poor for the last couple years before that. The concern was understandable at the time.
At PSG he was brilliant. He was sub par at Juve in his first season but you can see the ability.

Contrary to belief, I don't think he was a Casemiro replacement, I think ETH wanted him to partner Casemiro which would be a really good option to have.

I hate even sort of agreeing with Souness... but Giroud is a massively over-rated. Almost anyone could score goals for great France sides. It's like when they told us that clown in goal who we bought was good - with that French defence he rarely had to do anything
He could give the man his dues he still had to put the ball in the back of the net instead of criticising him.

I disagree, he's a completely different type of midfielder to Pogba, much more disciplined and much more suited to PL football. Yes, his mother is a headache tbf.

He blows hot and cold like our own Martial. When he is cold, he’s a passenger.

I will never understand why Deschamps didn't take a specialized RB
The thing is, despite the huge amount of talent that we produce in France, we dont have any good RBs at the moment. Only possible options would have been Mukiele (but he barely plays at PSG and is not very good), Malo Gusto but he hasnt been developing as expected, or he could have taken a punt on Soppy but other than that there's really no one.

What an amazing pass! The curl! Good foul or that was definitely a goal