18:00 (17:00 GMT)
BVB Stadion Dortmund, Dortmund

Portuguese-Football-Federation-svg.png
Czech-Republic-national-football-team-logo-svg.png

Portugal vs Czechia
18 June 2024
21:00 (20:00 GMT)
Leipzig Stadium, Leipzig

Interesting to see if Portugal can put in a dominant performance. What's the expected line up?

After a day full of upsets I'm just hoping Portugal can get over the line with some nice Cancelo and Bruno fantasy points. :lol:

Curious to see how Turkey get on today.

Some good young players at the moment in the likes of Guler and Yildiz with the experience of Calhanoglu in support who has just had a really good season for Inter.

They have disappointed in the last few tournaments but Montella seems to be doing a good job getting the most out of the team in qualifying, so let’s see if that translates to the actual tournament.

The early game will probably have a meh atmosphere. Half empty stands with mostly Georgian fans I suspect

It will be a sea of Turkish red in Dortmund.

The early game will probably have a meh atmosphere. Half empty stands with mostly Georgian fans I suspect

It will be a sea of Turkish red in Dortmund.

Just saw the white text :lol:

I suspect it could be the most fun game of the opening around. Some crazy 3-2 to either side.

Imagine if Greece had won that shoot-out. It'd have been Turkey-Greece and would probably set off a new World War

Turkey's opponents this Euros won't know what'll hit them atmosphere wise, they might as well just play all their games in Istanbul :lol:

Still rooting for Georgia, first international tournament for them, great to see!

Turkey's opponents this Euros won't know what'll hit them atmosphere wise, they might as well just play all their games in Istanbul :lol:

Still rooting for Georgia, first international tournament for them, great to see!
True, that should be some atmosphere. The only country where you can be sure they have tens of thousands of people living in each city where they play and don't need to travel to get there.

Have now also updated group thread OPs. Let me know if people would like anymore info in them.

True, that should be some atmosphere. The only country where you can be sure they have tens of thousands of people living in each city where they play and don't need to travel to get there.

Croats too, but not on the same level as Turkish people

I think the opening game is the reason there are only 2 games today .

Id imagine matchday 2. will be 3 games a day for 4 days .

Will there be no more early games? Or is it just today?
Just today, because the opening match was the only one on its day. Next matchday will be four days with three games each, but those will be the last early games

Getting over the no 2pm game by watching the Denmark vs Slovenia game I missed.

Still can't make my mind up on Portugal . Don't know wether they will win 4-0 or just edge it .

Strangely really looking forward to Turkiye vs Georgia, and Portugal as well. No 3pm game this early into the tournament is disgusting though.

Think Portugal will give a strong performance with a 4-0 win

Strangely really looking forward to Turkiye vs Georgia, and Portugal as well. No 3pm game this early into the tournament is disgusting though.
Ye doesn’t make sense. Probably because it’s the last group to play. But they should have done this group and then 1 game from the first group aswell.

Have fond memories of Turkey in 2002 and 2008. They're good value for fun if they actually turn up.

I thought I was a little weird for being upset that there isn't an early match. Apparently I'm in good company.

I thought I was a little weird for being upset that there isn't an early match. Apparently I'm in good company.
Not to mention the next World Cup is in the USA, Canada and Mexico, so no early KOs either for us Europeans.

Next Euros in England though :drool:

Not to mention the next World Cup is in the USA, Canada and Mexico, so no early KOs either for us Europeans.

Next Euros in England though :drool:
Yeah that totally sucks. Especially since I believe the Dutch NT will be quite nice in two years.

Aren't you worried about age catching up with Weghorst?
We have requested the FIFA to allow one player to use one of those electrical carts for the elderly in 2026.

Yup... I should have gone into the office today. Have to go in on Thursday and somehow escape by 4pm.

SJR would fire me instantly :D

Fancy turkey to beat Georgia but I’m looking forward to watching that Napoli winger for Georgia. He’ll be hoping to put on a show to push through a big move this summer

The way it's raining in Dortmund the game will either be a shit show or canceled.