Day 3: England vs Croatia | Austria vs North Macedonia | Netherlands vs Ukraine

Ah right. I do actually think Van Aanholt has improved a lot defensively at Palace compared to what he was like at Sunderland but got a bit carried away back in wingback role so far tonight.

Ukraine good at so much in centre of park but look like one of those national teams completely toothless without decent number 9.
Malinovskyi’s one of those central midfielders who’s a proper player but until he has a great game against England or whilst it’s live on our TV’s he’d never get the plaudits

Whoever concedes first here is going to be properly pissed off at all the chances they've wasted.

A little bit more composure in the final thirds would be nice from both teams. FdJ in particular looks frustrated with the wastefulness.

Malinovskyi’s one of those central midfielders who’s a proper player but until he has a great game against England or whilst it’s live on our TV’s he’d never get the plaudits

Atalanta isn't he?

Ukraine are good. But look like one of those national teams just lacking a good CF to make real damage in this tournament. Some nice moves just ending on edge of box without focal point to hit.

Feel old now thinking Shevchenko's world class peak was just under 20 years ago now.

Ukraine are good. But look like one of those national teams just lacking a good CF to make real damage in this tournament. Some nice moves just ending on edge of box without focal point to hit.
Sheva has basically created the team he wish he'd had for his international career.

Needs to do a Roger Milla and get himself out there.

Agree. He thinks it is a privilege to be doing the media work, and he loves football, not that it's a god given right because he is an ex-footballer.

The banter sometimes got on my tits when I watched Prime last year but you make some good points. He's a good sort for sure, and obviously leaves the likes of Jenas miles behind.