Day 19: Belgium vs. United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game.

Fellaini is fecking useless, we have to get rid. I don't think I could stand another season of seeing his stupid hair and face.

Thank feck for that. For a while I was scared the US were going to get through and I'd have put up with their nauseous bravado for another round.

There goes the fun of the World Cup.

Feel for the US.

USA went into the tournament with most giving them no chance. They've done bloody brilliant overall and shown great heart throughout. So unlucky tonight but can walk away proud.

Thought Bradley was excellent, the only mistake he made all game was where he was on the edge of Belgium's 18, back to goal, and had two players completely free on his left. Only for him to turn right and into 3 Belgium defenders.

Alan Shearer: "What a world cup this is turning out to be"...... Good one Alan!

Now that's what you call football. Makes up for that shitfest game in the afternoon!

USA went into the tournament with most giving them no chance. They've done bloody brilliant overall and shown great heart throughout. So unlucky tonight but can walk away proud.

No chance of winning, and they were right.

1 minute of stoppage time. Less compared to Argentina game.

And he allowed Belgium to waste most of it on a Goal kick and whistled immediately.

No consistency in stoppage time and how to manage it in this tourney continues.

The favorites again go through this round marginally.

Feck it, reduce international football matches to just extra time and only 30 minutes!

good fight by USA but Belgium were better by far, would have been a travesty if they hadnt gone through - must have had about 20 shots on target

What have those Belgian players wrote on the front of their training shirts? They do realise this wasn't the final and they haven't won the World Cup yet.

How are people criticizing Bradley? Yeah he's slowing some attacks down but it's extra time.. literally everyone is slowed down.

He had a fantastic game imo. Distributed the ball well and is a proper runner in the middle.

Thank feck for that. For a while I was scared the US were going to get through and I'd have put up with their nauseous bravado for another round.

This. Exactly this. And the wankfest from the BBC.

Why are people saying Belgium played poorly? Tim Howard just made the most saves in World Cup history you twats.

No consistency in stoppage time and how to manage it in this tourney continues.

Oh, there's consistency all right - apparently nothing should delay the ad breaks, least of all football.

That free kick for the Dempsey chance was incredible. And no one had to pretend to fall over and look like a prat.

Reactions: Eboue
One of the matches of the tournament so far, along with Germany Algeria and another that I can't remember now.

Why does anyone care that most Americans don't like football? I couldn't give a feck if a Yank doesn't find it his cup of tea. This desperate seek of approval has to stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.