Day 13 | Slovakia vs Romania + Ukraine vs Belgium | Czech Republic vs Turkey + Georgia vs Portugal

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
6pm (5pm Uk) kickoffs:
Slovakia vs Romania
Ukraine vs Belgium

9pm (8pm UK) kickoffs
Czech Republic vs Turkey
Georgia vs Portugal

Still lots to be decided in terms of 3th placed teams seedings today. Czech Republic and Georgia both need a win in order to qualify, I believe Turkey is through if it doesn't lose with more than one goal (and Georgia doesn't beat Portugal). Portugal is already group winner and could field a B-team.

God knows what's gonna happen in Group E, anything is still possible there.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
6pm (5pm Uk) kickoffs:
Slovakia vs Romania
Ukraine vs Belgium

9pm (8pm UK) kickoffs
Czech Republic vs Turkey
Georgia vs Portugal

Still lots to be decided in terms of 3th placed teams seedings today. Czech Republic and Georgia both need a win in order to qualify, I believe Turkey is through if it doesn't lose with more than one goal (and Georgia doesn't beat Portugal). Portugal is already group winner and could field a B-team.

God knows what's gonna happen in Group E, anything is still possible there.
If Slovakia and Romania draw they're both guaranteed to go through I think?

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Can someone explain me which 3rd place team is facing which team in the KO stage? I understand the best 4 from 6 system but I don't understand how it's determined which is playing England for example.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Can someone explain me which 3rd place team is facing which team in the KO stage? I understand the best 4 from 6 system but I don't understand how it's determined which is playing England for example.
From what I understand we play you next round unless Turkey and Georgia both win, than NL plays the winner of group E. Probably Belgium.

Edit: you are German and with you I meant England. :D

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Here you go:

3rd placed from E will be 95% qualified (alongside 3rd placed teams from C-D: Slovenia and Netherlands already in while B: Croatia is alreadyout). The last spot will be a battle between Hungary from group A and Czechia/Georgia from group F so the 2 combinations possibile now that remains are A-C-D-E or C-D-E-F.

- If Georgia and Czechia both fail to win FOR EXAMPLE then Hungary (A) qualify to the Ro16 and so based on that table (A-C-D-E) England (WC) would face Netherlands (3D)

- If Czechia beat 1-0/2-0 Turkey then Hungary would be eliminated so , based on that table (C-D-E-F) England would face 3E so one of Ukraine- Slovakia-Belgium-Romania.

- If Georgia beat Portugal C-D-E-F situation would happen regardless of Turkey v Czechia

TL-DR: Forza Czechia and Georgia.. Hungary must be knocked out to avoid Netherlands vs England

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
If Slovakia and Romania draw they're both guaranteed to go through I think?
I believe so yeah, even if Ukraine vs Belgium also ends in a draw they'd both still have a better GD than Ukraine and would have more points than Hungary and Croatia.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Anyone know a good site to check which players are injured or suspended for the KO games?

Red Star One

Which games are the most compelling out of each time?
Belgium will be red hot to seal the first spot and a super easy bracket, whereas Slovakia and Romania should be relatively happy with a draw, so for the 6pm kick off there’s no discussion

9pm is a fun one and I might watch Czech vs Turkey as this is the last chance for the Czechs and the Turks will still give their all considering they’re not safe yet.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Belgium will be red hot to seal the first spot and a super easy bracket, whereas Slovakia and Romania should be relatively happy with a draw, so for the 6pm kick off there’s no discussion

9pm is a fun one and I might watch Czech vs Turkey as this is the last chance for the Czechs and the Turks will still give their all considering they’re not safe yet.
Belgium vs Ukraine & Czechia vs Turkey in my opinion.
Thanks folks!

Irwin99

Is there any scenario where Belgium could play England in the next round or face them on that side of the draw? That could be a good game if it happened.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Is there any scenario where Belgium could play England in the next round or face them on that side of the draw? That could be a good game if it happened.
I think the earliest we can play Belgium is the semi final.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Yes if they finish 3rd they might face England in the next round.. England will face either Netherlands or 3rd placed team in group E next.

Irwin99

Yes if they finish 3rd they might face England in the next round.. England will face either Netherlands or 3rd placed team in group E next.
3rd probably unlikely for this Belgium team. Could be a tricky team for someone to face, even if they're not as good as they were 3 or 4 years ago.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Cutting edge analysis from Martin Keown. "... at left back, he's a bit like Cucurella, in appearance". Well noticed, Martin. They both have curly hair.