Day 12 | England v Slovenia + Denmark v Serbia | France v Poland + Netherlands v Austria

This is very revisionist. He was terrible all season and didn't deserve to be in the squad. That being said I agree Gordon should be playing instead of Foden in the wing.
Disagree there. Southgate decided not taking the 2nd top scorer in this England team. Saka/Gordon/Toney/Watkins/Palmer/Eze barely have as many goals between them as Rashford has. For Rashfords terrible season he's still always one of Englands most dangerous players and taking Eze over him is a howler of a decision. Especially when these attacking players are devoid of any direct threat (other than Gordon).

Austria ?
Not enough to go deep IMHO. Even though the Dutch played fairly poorly, they were still able to poke holes in the Austrian defense fairly easily. Could have just as well have been 4-3 today. No disrespect to Austria however, they are impressive in enacting a system and doing it well.

Can Croatia still qualify?
4we1ysu97m8d1.png

Pickford boils my piss. He does the same thing everytime he grabs the ball, he runs out, all angry and starts shouting at the players, like he's all passionate.

Just feck off Pickford and concentrate on saving shots, what a bellend.

England are terrible. Southgate says they've been working on stuff??? What?? Simply replacing TAA with Gallagher? FFS.
I know exactly what's going to happen here, he'll put Palmer and Mainoo on with ten minutes to go and expect them to be miracle workers.

And what's up with Bellingham? Can't pass to save his life so far.

Rashford has been poor all season, and there is no way he should be in this squad, but if you compare his movement, even at his worst, to foden on this wing, you can see exactly where the problem is.

Rashford occupies defences because he is always looking to push behind the full back, foden never shows those runs, happy to come backwards and inwards, he makes it easier for their defence.

i reckon southgate is an emotional vampire, like colin. it’s the only explanation.

Structurally they're a lot better today - all it took was to make it clear to Foden and Bellingham that one of them had to stay open on the left at all times, who knew! - but the lack of a line breaking player from deep is still slowing them down too much and they still don't have a genuine vertical threat on the left to try and be more direct

It’s like watching United. The quality of passing under very little pressure is just extremely poor.

Does Kane get criticised by the Bayern/German media for dropping so deep?

Team needed more than one change no matter who was played over Trent. Kane/Foden/Jude is pointless together.

This.

And come somebody slap Kane and tell him “You’re the captain. Lead the line. Quit hanging out next to our deepest midfielders and trust your teammates.”

Kane going so far back to get the ball only to make a wrong pass. Awful.

Rashford has been poor all season, and there is no way he should be in this squad, but if you compare his movement, even at his worst, to foden on this wing, you can see exactly where the problem is.

Rashford occupies defences because he is always looking to push behind the full back, foden never shows those runs, happy to come backwards and inwards, he makes it easier for their defence.
Rashford is a direct threat from the wings, something we're severely lacking. Rashford has always played well with Kane and not having that (even as an option on the bench) was stupid of Southgate, I don't care how badly he played for United this season. An FA cup final Rashford (his last game for United before the Euros) would walk into this team the way they've played so far.

And then the forwards just have no chemistry whatsoever

Story of this Denmark team. Decent midfielders and central defenders, so we can maintain possession and press fairly well. But the lack of quality up front and out wide means we will always be toothless.

I bet if prime Carrick were available for selection Southgate and enough England fans still wouldn't fancy him starting. Not physical enough or something.

It's like watching United. Unable to break down or pass through the lines. Just rely on individual brilliance to score. feck off Southgate

What is the point of Gallagher if he keeps drifting up the field when England want to play out from the back? At least Trent could pass forward, Gallagher just taps it back to the center backs.

Just stay in midfield and link play, ffs.

Does Kane get criticised by the Bayern/German media for dropping so deep?

He’s scored 40 goals this season, so I doubt it. The difference is that (a) he hasn’t had to drop as deep for Bayern generally and (b) when he has done he has flying wingers running off him who he can play through.

Why’s he still going with the Trippier, Foden combo on the left. It hasn’t worked the entire time.