Day 11 | Albania vs Spain | Croatia vs Italy

Is there a way of turning off the commentary on BBC? Jenas is driving me nuts with his pointless jabbering.

Very few players to get you out of your seat in this tournament. Mbappe, Williams, Yamal, Laeo. Theyre the only players who would strike fear into top top defenders. And France, Portugal and Spain are probably the only teams who can win this imo.

Ever heard of Musiala, the Chelsea boy?

That Italy #13 looks decent. Hopefully we're tracking him.

Maybe it’s just the product of a neutral venue but the teams that need to win seem overly patient.

Croatia like Scotland just deciding to go back when there’s an opportunity to get it in there. Very strange.

Croatia are so dull. Pass, pass, pass, lose the ball. And when they do finally get in, they are always going backwards.

Italy don't seem to have anyone capable of playing a pass to exploit the runs of their forwards.

Some good runs in behind being completely ignored.

Almost unwatchable half of football. Same as yesterday. This brilliant tournament format allowing teams to draw their way through is great.

Croatia are so dull. Pass, pass, pass, lose the ball. The ball is always going backwards.
That is what got us results last 6 years. But midfield is just too old to do it perfectly. Our golden midfield is officially finished. :(

I really could never be a referee. Italy would have had 5 yellows for time wasting already if I was in this one. Will probably fall asleep unless Croatia score early in the 2nd half. Would have watched Spain instead if I didn't have to pay extra to unlock it.

Italy game poor first half. Spain look very strong despite their team rested. Can see Spain getting to the final.

I really could never be a referee. Italy would have had 5 yellows for time wasting already if I was in this one. Will probably fall asleep unless Croatia score early in the 2nd half. Would have watched Spain instead if I didn't have to pay extra to unlock it.
How come you have to pay extra to watch the Spain game?

Lorenzo Pellegrini looks like the only decent
player on the pitch. I don’t realize Darmian was still playing, let alone for the national team.

Switzerland or one of these Croatia/Italy sides wouldn't be the worst quarter to be in if England manage to win the group and get through.

That is what got us results last 6 years. But midfield is just too old to do it perfectly. Our golden midfield is officially finished. :(
I don't think the midfield is the problem. Your forwards have zero penetration or X-factor at all.

Italy quite underwhelming without Chiesa. Croatia bossing the midfield but no end product.

Why isn't Livakovic playing for a top team? He always seems to be brilliant for Croatia.

Croatia patiently waiting for a mistake from our backline, inevitable and going to happen (it happened a couple of times already… yet they were not cynical enough to capitalise). We do not need Spalletti as a coach to play this way, just give it to Allegri for old school catenaccio & counters. ;)

Is the Italy - Croatia game worth tuning in for? Haven't watched first half of either but seems that one could be spicier.
I don’t think it’s a poor watch but I don’t see this producing many goals. Italy look a lot more organized and better in transition but still lack the quality in the final third. Croatia playing like it’s a friendly and not a must win.

Croatia patiently waiting for a mistake from our backline, inevitable and going to happen (it happened a couple of times already… yet they were not cynical enough to capitalise). We do not need Spalletti as a coach to play this way, just give it to Allegri for old school catenaccio & counters. ;)
I think he’s playing it safe to see through to the next round. And it’s not like the forwards are high quality that we see a resemblance of how Napoli played in 2022–23.