Day 10: Germany vs. Ghana

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Saturday, June 21st, Germany vs. Ghana at Estádio Castelao, Fortaleza (8pm BST, 3pm ET)

estadio-castelao-fortaleza-stadium-2014-world-cup-12.jpg

Should be way harder than the Portugal Match (due to Pepe getting red, Ronaldo being nothing like Ronaldo).

Ghana will play physical and have better holding midfielders than Portugal in my opinion.

Hummels will probably be out so i fancy Boateng in the middle with Lahm as RB.

Need 3 Pts here and we are basically through.

Should be way harder than the Portugal Match (due to Pepe getting red, Ronaldo being nothing like Ronaldo).

Ghana will play physical and have better holding midfielders than Portugal in my opinion.

Hummels will probably be out so i fancy Boateng in the middle with Lahm as RB.

Need 3 Pts here and we are basically through.

Lahm will play midfield and Mustafi will play CB.

A Ghana win would blow the group wide open but there's absolutely no chance of that.

Germany to win the game by eighteen goals to nil.

A Ghana win would blow the group wide open but there's absolutely no chance of that.

Germany to win the game by eighteen goals to nil.

Nonsense! Do you think Ghana will just roll over?

Seventeen.
PTW lol. The way Ghana plays lead to injuries so Germany should throw in some irons Grosskreutz. Pig guy will also do as Ghana can help us get rid of him

At yesterday's training, Matthias Ginter played for Hummels. I'd have wanted Ghana to win but with KP Boateng being so overly self-absorbed, things may change.

Lol we're gonna get annihilated :(

I'm hoping for a draw, but not holding my breath.

3-0 to Germany

If this World Cup has shown anything, it is that no team can be taken for granted. As long as we get rid of the muntari - rabiu combo in midfield, and stop taking shots from 60 yards, we are going to fair better. It is going to be a narrow victory for someone. Hope it's Ghana.

Hoping to see Durm on the left side as Ghana's wingers aren't quite as strong as Portugals, plus they aren't that much of a thread at set pieces. Höwedes is okay defensively, but I'd prefer Durm just to be a little more dangerous coming from the wings, which Germany was not against Portugal, where most of their attacks were coming through the centre. With all the hype we must not forget that Germany only managed to get about four or five chances from open play in the first game. No reason to overrate us, since everything went our way in the opening game and Ghana is a completely different story altogether. I still think we are a little too harmless in attack. Four goals sounds great but those were essentially one penalty, one corner kick, one "Müller-moment" and one bad deflection from the keeper after a decent play. Ghana will definitely be a hard game. Let's see what team is put on the field, I myself am excited.

I think a 2:1 to Germany is a realistic score.

I would go with the same lineup that beat Portugal. No need to change a winning formula, secure qualification now and they can rest some players against the USA. The only change that I'd like to see is Durm starting on the left though, really want to see him play.

I would go with the same lineup that beat Portugal. No need to change a winning formula, secure qualification now and they can rest some players against the USA. The only change that I'd like to see is Durm starting on the left though, really want to see him play.

Hummels did not participate in training the hole week, I think.
So, no need to rush him back in. Rest him for Ghana and use Boateng in cb.

Hummels did not participate in training the hole week, I think.
So, no need to rush him back in. Rest him for Ghana and use Boateng in cb.
Oh he can rest. I should have mentioned that, apologies. If a player is injured obviously wouldn't want him to start.

Oh he can rest. I should have mentioned that, apologies. If a player is injured obviously wouldn't want him to start.

no problem.
The question is who to start as right back then.
Lahm as rb and Schweinsteiger in DM ? That would change the balance in midfield a bit.
Or maybe Großkreutz as rb ?

Before the game against portugal the media released a lot of potential line ups. This time it's suspiciously quiet.

no problem.
The question is who to start as right back then.
Lahm as rb and Schweinsteiger in DM ? That would change the balance in midfield a bit.
Or maybe Großkreutz as rb ?

Before the game against portugal the media released a lot of potential line ups. This time it's suspiciously quiet.
In the last press-conference it was confirmed that Lahm would stay as the DM though. So I've got absolutely no idea who might start as RB. Löw might start Großkreutz but I reckon the more likely scenario is Boateng to remain at RB with Höwedes and perhaps one of Ginter/Mustafi as the other CB.

In the last press-conference it was confirmed that Lahm would stay as the DM though. So I've got absolutely no idea who might start as RB. Löw might start Großkreutz but I reckon the more likely scenario is Boateng to remain at RB with Höwedes and perhaps one of Ginter/Mustafi as the other CB.
I'd expect Boateng as CB and Mustafi as RB.

I could imagine that this would be a match to start Podolski for one of Özil or Götze just to get more steal in it. When opponent players go into infights he is better than the artists.

Nonsense! Do you think Ghana will just roll over?

No, but in the main African teams are less savvy than European ones in tournaments. It typically shows very clearly once the knockout stages are reached. Should be an exciting game, at times a bit nervy for the Germans but their depth will get them through in the end.

I'd expect Boateng as CB and Mustafi as RB.

yes, that will probably happen. But why ?
Boateng and Mustafi are both centre-backs. Boateng has played the rb position before for his clubs and national team.

I didn't understand Löws move against Portugal. Why not play Boateng as rb and Mustafi as cb, if both are on the pitch ?
Made no sense to me.

Boateng and Mustafi are both centre-backs. Boateng has played the rb position before for his clubs and national team.

I didn't understand Löws move against Portugal. Why not play Boateng as rb and Mustafi as cb, if both are on the pitch ?
Made no sense to me.

I don't know anything about him but Mustafi looked more composed and reliable in possession than Boateng. I know Boateng's a good passer but sometimes he can be a bit clumsy. Mustafi looked good in that sense.

Made no sense to me.
I guess, a well working centerback pair is more important than who out of two centerbacks is slightly more suited to the rightback position. Boateng and Mertesacker are a good combination in the middle and already have some experience together. Mustafi also looked quite good at rightback.

I don't know anything about him but Mustafi looked more composed and reliable in possession than Boateng. I know Boateng's a good passer but sometimes he can be a bit clumsy. Mustafi looked good in that sense.

I don't know Mustafi very well neither. (a rare thing to say about a player for the german squad at a world cup :D) Maybe I'm wrong and he is a proved rb as well.
You are right, Boateng has his sleepy moments, but against Portugal he was focused and flawless. Futhermore he adds more to the attacks than Mustafi, who played solid after his substitution but focused solely on defence.

Actually I would favor Lahm as rb anyway, but this won't happen, if Ruht is right.

I guess, a well working centerback pair is more important than who out of two centerbacks is slightly more suited to the rightback position. Boateng and Mertesacker are a good combination in the middle and already have some experience together. Mustafi also looked quite good at rightback.

ok, good point.

not confirmed...He's at the training session right now and Löw said if he's able to do the complete session without problems then he'll play...so no certainty in that till the practice is over.

I think he will play.

Hummels will play!

Neuer-Boateng,Mertesacker,Hummels,Höwedes-Lahm,Khedira-Özil,Kroos,Götze-Müller

Same procedure as Monday!

Germany: Neuer, Howedes, Hummels, Khedira, Ozil, Muller, Lahm (c), Mertesacker, Kroos, Gotze, Boateng
Ghana: Dauda, Gyan (c), Atsu, Boateng, A Ayew, Muntari, Rabiu, Mensah, Asamoah, Boye, Afful

Status
Not open for further replies.