Music David Bowie has died

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
David Bowie has died after a battle with cancer, his representative confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.

"David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief," read a statement posted on the artist's official social media accounts.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/david-bowie-dead-legendary-artist-854364

Absolutely gutted :( Had no idea he was sick even. One of the greatest. RIP

RIP
Twitter reaction seems to indicate a huge loss for many.

His work was pre-my generation, would someone pls explain succinctly what he is so famous for?

Gutted to hear it. On Friday night i had a great time in a local club who celebrated his birthday. Shocking news. :(

Thought this was a joke. Its all over my social media feeds. Shocking!

What the hell? This came out of nowhere :(

RIP

RIP

His work was pre-my generation, would someone pls explain succinctly what he is so famous for?

You've never listened to any of his albums? You need to correct that now. Arguably the most impressive discography ever. So many great albums that span so many genres. He's one of the most versatile, creative, visionary, proficient musicians ever. He was genuinely master of his art.

RIP

He was a true original. He created a huge body of work. He was an artist and a visionary. He was one of the greats.

I suggest you go and listen to a few of his songs.

You've never listened to any of his albums? You need to correct that now. Arguably the most impressive discography ever. So many great albums that span so many genres. He's one of the most versatile, creative, visionary, proficient musicians ever.

He was a true original. He created a huge body of work. He was an artist and a visionary. He was one of the greats.

I suggest you go and listen to a few of his songs.

Thanks guys, helpful. Will listen to a few tracks.

Sorry again, and people are shocked he died (despite being 69), because I assume they just never thought he'd never die (like Michael Jackson), and had no idea he had cancer?

Gutted waking up to this news. A legend in the truest sense of the word. RIP

Sorry again, and people are shocked he died (despite being 69), because I assume they just never thought he'd never die (like Michael Jackson), and had no idea he had cancer?
I'm pretty shocked as he released his new album just a few days ago.

More than a legend, an innovator. My mother was a huge fan, grew up watching his concerts on video.

Sad news

RIP

Absolutely gutted by this news. A complete one off, trail blazed his way and popular culture tentatively followed a few steps behind.

Stunned. The first single I bought was The Jean Genie.

Hard to think of a more important or influential artist.

This feels so wrong. Celebrities deaths hardly ever resonate with me, but this has hit hard. I've been binge listening his latest album over the weekend and then you wake up to this on a Monday morning. Awful. A true legend and genius, RIP.

Absolutely stunned. Just a few days after he released his album. feck.

Just heard the news now. This is really sad. Just love his music. RIP David. Just seen the commercial for his new album.:(

I admittedly don't know much (or anything for that matter) about his music, but I know the British culture admired his work. he will be missed. R.I.P .