Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Fighter

Still think he would do well in the right setup due to his strength, speed and instinct but my God, technically he's a Sunday league player.

He was supposed to be the saviour of Manchester United according to posters here :nervous: the striker that would bring United back to the top

Who said that? Shame them

Half the forum did... you missed it? He was a major fan favourite before he signed for Liverpool. When he signed for Liverpool it was used as an example that the Manchester United board is incompetent because Liverpool got in and signed him, we missed out because too slow.

Worst signing of the season thus far. For the price tag, this is someone who should hit the ground running. Sure he has lots of time to make it stick, but right now its an investment that is not paying dividends.

It’s like watching Lukaku if Lukaku was extremely fecking shit.

Half the forum did... you missed it? He was a major fan favourite before he signed for Liverpool. When he signed for Liverpool it was used as an example that the Manchester United board is incompetent because Liverpool got in and signed him, we missed out because too slow.

I didn’t pay much attention. I’m glad we’ve stayed away though for the money involved. The club have vetoed a few players this summer which seem like duds

And the whole argument was "Liverpool bought him, they'e never wrong!". For a top notch data mojo club, they surely missed the part when all indicators showed he was totally overperforming last season.

Maybe our 'interest' was just us getting revenge on others for falling for city's ploy of pretending to have interest in Alexis Sanchez and Maguire.

Doesn't look like a Liverpool player at all. Mane/Salah/Firmino/Jota look/looked fluid and good on the ball.

Nunez won't be a Werner, he'll score some goals, but he looks a bit oafish on the ball. It's weird seeing them use a player like that.

The South American Andy Carroll.

And some people here wanted him :lol: (Well some people here wanted Memphis FFS)

Doesn't look like a Liverpool player at all. Mane/Salah/Firmino/Jota look/looked fluid and good on the ball.

Nunez won't be a Werner, he'll score some goals, but he looks a bit oafish on the ball. It's weird seeing them use a player like that.

Maybe this will finally show some people around here that a player with a nice scoring record isn't the only thing that matters when evaluating forward options. He's a fecking liability anywhere outside of the penalty area, and like I said earlier this year he really isn't a lethal finisher either to make up for it. He just had a monster year for Benfica, but that was more of an outlier than his regular production.

Thank god we didn't sign him. Haaland is the only striker of any top level side that can afford to be a dominant "poacher" without contributing much else, and he's a physical freak that's dangerous from anywhere on the pitch with his ability to carry the ball while shielding defenders. Every other top team plays a CF or forward with significant technical ability on the ball. Barca, Madrid, Atletico, Bayern, Milan, Arsenal, Spurs, etc.

Sounnes and Carragher have anything to say about this donkey? They got plenty to say about player of the month Martinez.

What's he good at? Running the channels? They could have signed Dan James at a fraction of the cost for that. He isn't going to score unless he keeps getting deflections, his technique is as bad as I've seen at this level.

Sounnes and Carragher have anything to say about this donkey? They got plenty to say about player of the month Martinez.
Nope still waiting for there expert analysis on him, I can't believe Carragher said the other day it's too early to judge Martinez even though it was him that wrote him off after 2 games. Pair of clowns

I can only imagine the state of this forum if we spent that kind of money on him.

I can only imagine the state of this forum if we spent that kind of money on him.
You’re acting like we haven’t spent that kind of money on total flops before ?

After the money we've spent and the players we've had over the years I think this would have been breaking point for many on here, myself included. I remember watching the highlight videos on YouTube and thinking he looked shit on them, and they were HIGHLIGHTS.

People are writing him off far too early. He's shown lots of good signs, jury's still out.

I'm annoyed the caf won't catch on to the fact that he looks exactly like Arsenal and Oranje striker Vivianne Miedema. Though he's obviously not as good.

Was he rubbish again? I was watching Bayern vs Inter.

Or Anthony Le Tallac's
I remember when Liverpool signed Le Tallec and Pongolle, I was working in Liverpool at the time and the boss there said that these two would totally eclipse Ronaldo over their careers and would win everything there is to win with Liverpool. That went well.

Name a few, as I'm failing to see them
Incredible movement, intensity and athleticism. Very small sample size but his end product and underlying numbers are fantastic in the games he's played so far.

I'm annoyed the caf won't catch on to the fact that he looks exactly like Arsenal and Oranje striker Vivianne Miedema. Though he's obviously not as good.

I thought about Poliana Okimoto.

Incredible movement, intensity and athleticism. Very small sample size but his end product and underlying numbers are fantastic in the games he's played so far.

I can agree on these points, but means little if he doesn't have the control or temperament at the end of it, which so far seems like he doesn't.

Nunez - shite version of Lukaku

Haaland - ultimate dreamed version of Lukaku

I remember when Liverpool signed Le Tallec and Pongolle, I was working in Liverpool at the time and the boss there said that these two would totally eclipse Ronaldo over their careers and would win everything there is to win with Liverpool. That went well.
I have a Liverpool mate who was absolutely raving about Emiliano Insua, if you remember him (you'd be forgiven for not!). The stuff about Scousers being delusional is maybe a bit overdone but I don't know any other fanbase that consistently hypes their own players as much.

Anyway, on Nunez, he still has a bit of time to improve but it has to happen soon realistically. I can't think of many big money signings, especially strikers, who were poor for their first two or three months and managed to turn it around. The best examples I can think of are Drogba and Forlan and neither of them are strong parallels. Forlan wasn't a marquee signing and while he improved a lot, he still never quite looked the part. Drogba's was general play was fine at first, he was just inconsistent and too wasteful in front of goal.