Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

Has the potential to be a first team starter. But not for a top club like United. Still think he has a place in our squad because quite frankly our midfield options aren't too special this year.

Hes crap, hes always been crap, so far out of his depth its actually rather embaressing....all he does is shoot, and gets 1 out of 35 on target at that.

Are you a professional polariser of opinions? Crap is hardly fitting for someone who's scored several strikes that anybody in the world would've been proud of.

I hope you one day realise that your black and white logically laboured viewpoints harm a debate meant to illuminate footballers and their ability and performances.

You making people upset again Afo?

It's not about the what it's about the how.

No-one wants everyone to have the same opinion so it's a bit pointless for anyone to be trotting out that ridiculously over-used phrase.

Remember to add smiley and winks to your posts that tends to work, if people interpret your posts in whatever way, the smileys make you seem more friendly.

Oh aye, I definitely tow the line.

That's me alright.

Now I see why you're so sure of your opinion, your analytical skills are amazing.

I'd go out on a limb to say long term he has the ability to be better than Fletcher at this stage. Whilst Fletcher upped his game, at Gibson's age he was woeful. If he follows Fletches path, whilst mentored by Ferguson, we're laughing all the way to the bank as another home grown comes through the ranks.

Very good point, its all a bit of a to-do sometimes on here, and you know how i worry so about others interpretations....:angel::D;)

See half the caf's ready to adopt you now. By the way Gibson is crap. Hopefully he will do a Fletcher and be the bees knees, unfortuanetly he's just a crap Steve Stone at the moment.

Oh aye, I definitely tow the line.

That's me alright.

Now I see why you're so sure of your opinion, your analytical skills are amazing.

For someone who said about a page or two ago they wernt going to post about this any further your having a fair old crap of the whip at trying.....

All this because i dont rate Gibson, whatever next.

Have a bud, a spliff hell a shag if ones on offer and chill, its the weekend after all. :D

For someone who said about a page or two ago they wernt going to post about this any further your having a fair old crap of the whip at trying.....

All this because i dont rate Gibson, whatever next.

Have a bud, a spliff hell a shag if ones on offer and chill, its the weekend after all. :D

(More smileys)

"See half the caf's ready to adopt you now. By the way Gibson is crap. Hopefully he will do a Fletcher and be the bees knees, unfortuanetly he's just a crap Steve Stone at the moment. :p"

How about now?

That's a bold move, I see your Forest and go all in with Notts County after their takeover, he'll be their saviour, the Paul Scholes of league two.

I'll call you on that. I'm all in for a packet of Haribo and a 2 week old pot of Garlic butter

A full pack of haribos? I can't handle those odds, the best I have to offer is the ones with the white bits at the bottom - the hearts and eggs - I'm not a fan of them but I can tell you'd be one of those weirdos who likes them Mockers.

Anyway, I'm out.

I actually see more potential in Gibson than I did in Fletcher at that time. It's really just his positioning and workrate that needs to improve, but the thing is that both of those things need to improve a lot.

Gibson doesn't have Fletcher's passing range or his football intelligence, at the same age.

By contrast to your argument, I don't actually think his positioning and workrate are poor at all. I just don't think he's very good. Passing is mediocre.

I can't see what he adds...he doesn't have pace, can't pass...

Oh, yeah...he has a good shot...:rolleyes:

i used to have high hope for Gibson. but today against a workman like Wolves side, ha gave the ball away too much for my liking.

today was the last straw for me. And the worst thing is, he is nowhere near accurate with his long range shots anymore, which was his biggest assets.

Mark him down to leave this summer.

Gibson makes so many WRONG choices on a CONSISTENT basis.

I use to get pissed off with O'Shea for knocking the ball long all the time to nobody - then I realised he was a defender and it was unfair to criticise him on that aspect.

Gibson is a central midfielder. Midfielders are meant to do a bit of everything.

Is Gibson a potent attacker from midfield? I'd say No.
Is Gibson a solid defender in midfield? I'd say No and he has no pace.
Can he distribute like Scholes or Carrick? No.
Can he run around all day constructively and stop opponents like Fletcher? No.
Can he shoot? Yes.

Is that enough for Manchester United?

Gibson makes so many WRONG choices on a CONSISTENT basis.

I use to get pissed off with O'Shea for knocking the ball long all the time to nobody - then I realised he was a defender and it was unfair to criticise him on that aspect.

Gibson is a central midfielder. Midfielders are meant to do a bit of everything.

Is Gibson a potent attacker from midfield? I'd say No.
Is Gibson a solid defender in midfield? I'd say No and he has no pace.
Can he distribute like Scholes or Carrick? No.
Can he run around all day constructively and stop opponents like Fletcher? No.
Can he shoot? Yes.

Is that enough for Manchester United?

You were probably asking the same questions of Fletcher when he was Gibsons age & now you're using Fletcher as the standard to reach to.

Ask the question a few years down the line, Fergie rates him enough to start which is good enough in my opinion.

Gibson doesn't have Fletcher's passing range or his football intelligence, at the same age.

By contrast to your argument, I don't actually think his positioning and workrate are poor at all. I just don't think he's very good. Passing is mediocre.

I can't see what he adds...he doesn't have pace, can't pass...

Oh, yeah...he has a good shot...:rolleyes:
He's actually got a surprisingly good passing range. It's just that he's rarely shown it becase he doesn't get on the ball anywhere near enough, and his vision isn't good enough yet.

It really gets down to this everytime for me - he simply needs to get himself on the ball more often. It's his biggest weakness by far IMO, he's almost as bad as Liam Miller. If he can improve that then he has a chance of making it with us.

You were probably asking the same questions of Fletcher when he was Gibsons age & now you're using Fletcher as the standard to reach to.

Ask the question a few years down the line, Fergie rates him enough to start which is good enough in my opinion.

To be fair though the same questions were also asked of Djemba, Kleberson and Liam Miller and they were indeed as shit as we first thought.

I don't see any reason at all to get rid right now, may as well keep picking him for the Carling Cup and easier league games and see what happens but if we're placing bets then I'll go with Sunderland followed by (a loan to) Forrest followed by (released on a free to) Notts County.

To be fair though the same questions were also asked of Djemba, Kleberson and Liam Miller and they were indeed as shit as we first thought.

All brought in. I'd like to think we have a little more patience with our home grown players, given the track record of our academy.

I think Gibson's issue was his place in midfield. Like Carrick when you play these deep-lying midfielders in positions they are not used to they don't perform well.

He seemed to be the most advanced midfielders yesterday. SAF gets tempted to do this all the time because of the hammer shot but its a mistake because you sacrifice his whole performance in order to give him a few more chances to shoot.

The whole Darren Fletcher thing is very boring now. Not all players progress the way Fletcher did. He is the exception to the rule. If a player looks average at 22 then more often than not that player will simply be average.

I can't think of a single game he's started where United's performance hasn't been average

The whole Darren Fletcher thing is very boring now. Not all players progress the way Fletcher did. He is the exception to the rule. If a player looks average at 22 then more often than not that player will simply be average.

I can't think of a single game he's started where United's performance hasn't been average
Spurs at home.

Would you say Anderson has looked average at (1 month short of)22? People still think he'll be one of the top few in the world at his position, whatever that is.

I agree. Fletcher was always very good technically, ie his first touch, but has since improved his physical condition a lot and has been become a much better player.
I often compare it to Andy Murray, who has done the same.

Spurs at home.

Would you say Anderson has looked average at (1 month short of)22? People still think he'll be one of the top few in the world at his position, whatever that is.

We were terrible in that game.

Anderson has ranged from very good to very bad and at this stage I have serious doubts he'll become the top class player I'd hoped.

A lot of overreaction here. Gibson uses the ball pretty damn well for a CM his age. He lost it a few times yesterday but doesn't normally, he's a good passer and and will get sharper as he gets more used to the pace of the game at this level.

My concern is over his engine more than anything else, you can't affect the game much if you can't get around and don't have massive desire. But hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

He moves like the titanic... after it hit the bleeding iceberg