5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't do it in games where the opposition makes us defend. Looks nice and tidy passing when they sit back and don't pressure him.

Repeating myself but this guy needs a rest. 44 games this season overall thus far for us, don't know how many for Holland, 3900 minutes for us making it the most minutes out of all players this season for us. I can't be arsed to check all the teams but I wouldn't be surprised he played the most minutes of all outfield players in EPL. No outfield player or goalkeeper for the teams above us + Chelsea + Liverpool played more minutes than him this season in all competitions.

How do you rank Blind as defender, left back and midfielder?

This guy has been made to play far too often this season. I can't remember the last time he didn't play a full 90 minutes for us. Good player but starting to look very burnt out.

He's not a centre back. It's like we're handicapped when defending because of his lack of physicality and pace. Yes he's intelligent and reads the game well, but as a centre back you need some physicality. He's too weak.

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool
At least his passing is back.

Been one of our best players in this match so far.

He needs to play as a DM, CM. Today he has done some great interceptions, he is cool with the ball usually, has stamina, his pace is not great, but not bad either.
I hope the next manager will try Ander and Blind in midfield, rather than continue these ridiculous experiments.

He wasn't too bad tonight, but his positioning is just really weird sometimes. He often stands so much further back than he realistically needs to.

He is really slow. If Origi gets a run on him he is done, or any of the Liverpool forwards for that matter.

True. It's often worrying though because he really leaves himself at risk of playing a player onside when he should ideally be off.

Think Blind is a decent squad player at best

I like him. I think he and Smalling make a decent partnership, the full back positions is where our defence is really poor IMO. Weak wide forwards like Mata and Lingard don't help the right hand side, nor do lazy ones on the left like Memphis. I was actually pleased to see Valencia back in the side, an actual athlete!

I really like him. One of the smartest players in our squad. Played well tonight in my opinion.

One of his problem with is that he is so weak so he always looses the first encounter. So that gives space to the opponent to organise and make a better attack. He is incapable of winning a land or an aerial duel.

I like him. I think he and Smalling make a decent partnership, the full back positions is where our defence is really poor IMO. Weak wide forwards like Mata and Lingard don't help the right hand side, nor do lazy ones on the left like Memphis. I was actually pleased to see Valencia back in the side, an actual athlete!

He's not good enough to be our starting regular centre back imo

He was ok tonight, certainly the best of the back 4, and neither him or Smalling were helped by our AWOL fullbacks and lack of protection from the midfield.

The guy was the Eredeivisie player of the year as a DM, why has he been playing as a makeshift CB, let him play to his strenghts, you dont need speed as a DM, just a good brain, positioning , interceptions etc. And as we can see the guy is a very intelligent player, plus he makes some excellent long passes, probably our most similiar player to carrick imo

I thought he was decent. A bit like Smalling in that they did some good things and some not-so-good things.

I'm surprised he and Carrick don't switch positions. I prefer Carrick at the back and Blind as a DM could work.

You can't play him, Carrick, Fellaini, and Mata in the same side. They must be four of the slowest players in the league.

That said, he deserves his place more than they deserve theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.