5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks very good so far as CB, even if Caf doesn't want to hear it ;)

Played really well. Combative defending and smart passing at the same time.

I can't believe the amount of time I wasted arguing that we should at least wait until he's played a few games before judging him. Louis van Gaal must have seen something to play him there, something he could add.

That said it's only been two games, there's a lot of football ahead, it's a good start for him though.

That's not really true. He had a good performance and has done everything what was asked from him.

He did well but he's not been tested at all. Better managers than Sherwood will probably get at him and people admitting that he's proven them wrong are being a bit generous ahead of time.

Kane was going to destroy him...

Nope

Gestede would destroy him...

Nope

So who's the next striker?

Come on lads, you're bound to get it right one of these days...

People will still be critiscizing him on Monday for that tackle against club America in the box.

Always backed him, never worried me if he was going to have to fill in at CB. People need to realise Jones is out, Evans isn't going to play and Rojo is an idiot so we needed someone back there and he is a really smart player with good distribution, he'll do a decent job until things get sorted. He's not the biggest or fastest but he has lots of strengths.

He did well but he's not been tested at all. Better managers than Sherwood will probably get at him and people admitting that he's proven them wrong are being a bit generous ahead of time.
We're still waiting for someone to destroy him and some manager to take advantage of his weaknesses.
It can still happen but credit were credit is due.

Did you notice how villa were bombing long balls into our box? Yet nothing substantial happened. Him and Smalling were brilliant

Always backed him, never worried me if he was going to have to fill in at CB. People need to realise Jones is out, Evans isn't going to play and Rojo is an idiot so we needed someone back there and he is a really smart player with good distribution, he'll do a decent job until things get sorted. He's not the biggest or fastest but he has lots of strengths.
Let me guess, cause of the passport..?

Great performance. That sort of performance is exactly what Van Gaal wants our defenders to be able to do, and you can see why he wanted Ramos so bad.

Did you notice how villa were bombing long balls into our box? Yet nothing substantial happened. Him and Smalling were brilliant

Smalling was dominant aerially, I already said that, he was more proactive in going for the header while Blind hung back and read the knock-ons. Villa do not have any height until that big bloke, Gestede came in which was rather late in the game and their service up to him was also not that accurate at all.

He's looking very good. Happy that I'm one of the few who didn't judge him solely on his height and a game or so. Give it some time and see how it evolves before making a judgement. He's very similar to his father and he was a very decent left back converted to a centre back in a great team.

Anyway, would also like to add that height for centre backs is very much overrated these days even against lesser teams. Still want another centre back though.

I enjoy the way he zips the passes into the midfield. So far, so good.

Don't understand how his average rating at the top of the thread is 5.9 after two clean sheets and good performances.

8/10 from me.

Was flawless tonight. So good on the ball, as we know, which is very useful to the team.

Great performance once again. People were really worried about him as CB and Herrera being left out the team but so far it looks like the attack is by far the bigger problem

Will we finally be able to stop with the endless "Terrified of seeing Blind up against X" posts we get before every match now?

Was great tonight, looked solid and composed all match. His time at CB is probably limited once Jones and Rojo are fit, or we get a new CB in, but I won't be too worried of him having to fill in if injuries occur.

Why the feck is his rating 5.9?

Easily two 7/10 performances. Even more if feeling generous

Why the feck is his rating 5.9?

Easily two 7/10 performances. Even more if feeling generous
Lots of people were obsessed him as CB would be a disaster (its probably half of what everyone was discussing all pre-season) and didn't want to give him any credit in the first game and likely tonight.

I see unwarranted smugness is ripe in here, the old tortoise vs the Hare is one to keep in mind. :)

He was solid tonight, certainly passes it well out of defense, but he pushes too far up too often meaning Shaw has to come across into his CB slot. He needs to work on that.

Will we finally be able to stop with the endless "Terrified of seeing Blind up against X" posts we get before every match now?

Was great tonight, looked solid and composed all match. His time at CB is probably limited once Jones and Rojo are fit, or we get a new CB in, but I won't be too worried of him having to fill in if injuries occur.
We must see who is Brugge's best forward and then wait for a 'wait for _________ to massacre Blind tonight' on Tuesday. :D

For someone who's rarely put in a poor performance in his time here, Blind isn't highly rated on the Caf is he? Glad to see he played well again tonight. He may be an unspectacular player, but we need the likes of Blind in the squad.

Did well tonight. Worries me when he brings it out, purely because I'm wary of the counter but we've got a decent shape defensively. It's just occasional sloppiness in midfield that has let teams in so far.

A footballer with a brain can play most positions...Blind always plays to a good standard.

For someone who's rarely put in a poor performance in his time here, Blind isn't highly rated on the Caf is he? Glad to see he played well again tonight. He may be an unspectacular player, but we need the likes of Blind in the squad.
Yeah, this annoys me quite a bit, to be honest.

I have a feeling some on here (and twitter) want him to be a disaster so they can say "see I was right".

Whether long term hes the right fit or not, so far, hes been good and fits well with the current back four. I do worry what happens if we get injuries, but for now, its going well.

He did very well today (and made me look like a bit of an idiot in the process). Deserved MOTM in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.