Cycling 2024

Incredible finish for the TDF Femmes race up Alp D'Huez, only 4 seconds between first and second, with 3rd place only another 6 seconds back. Anyone of the 3 top 3 could have won in the last km. Woman's cycling has really come on leaps and bounds in the last 5 years.
Wonder if SD Worx regret abandoning Vollering after she crashed earlier. All just rode off to leave her to recover on her own. When it comes down to seconds like it had then it looks like a massive mistake.

Ever since she announced she was leaving they haven’t exactly been good team mates to her.

Wonder if SD Worx regret abandoning Vollering after she crashed earlier. All just rode off to leave her to recover on her own. When it comes down to seconds like it had then it looks like a massive mistake.

Ever since she announced she was leaving they haven’t exactly been good team mates to her.
Yeah, I picked up the vibe that the SD Worx girls didn't seem to like Demi at that much, and they'd have been happier with Lotte as their lead rider but had to let Demi defend her title. There's a story to be told here for sure.

They should regret it, it was a ridiculous feck up. As happy as I am for Niewiadoma, it's pretty clear Vollering would've won it again if she had any sort of team support after that crash. I don't get how they messed that up, surely the people in the team car wouldn't throw away a Tour victory just because Vollering is leaving, even if there's some bad blood there (which wouldn't surprise me).

Not that Niewiadoma should care about any of that. She always goes for it and deserves to have a bit of luck on her side once in a while.

Demi Vollering seems to be hated by a lot of riders.

The same problem happened for the dutch national team at the worlds and at the vuelta 2023

Van Aert with YET another crash, and end of story for his Vuelta (and likely season in general if you look at the images). Feck sake, he really can't catch a break this season (or stay upright, for that matter). Just when he was going towards his best again, devastating stuff.

Full focus on next season again but this has to take a toll on him mentally, I fear.

Van Aert with YET another crash, and end of story for his Vuelta (and likely season in general if you look at the images). Feck sake, he really can't catch a break this season (or stay upright, for that matter). Just when he was going towards his best again, devastating stuff.

Full focus on next season again but this has to take a toll on him mentally, I fear.
Looked in the form of his life again, and then this. He's cursed, there's no other explanation anymore.

On the other hand, that's about his 10th crash this season. At some point you have to start wondering if you're doing something wrong.

Sad for Wout, the TV coverage wasn't super clear what happened. Engelhardt just seemed to lose his back wheel, not sure if Wout was trying to avoid him, or just had the wrong line going around the corner. Conditions were very tricky at that section.

Great race though, very close at the top, any of the top 4 could win at the weekend.

100k remaining. Welcome to the Pogi show.

Don't know what to think anymore. It's either a braindead move if he doesn't win, or too hard to believe if he does. :lol: On paper, this shouldn't be possible.
Can't say I'm too surprised, really. Best rider in the world by far decides to focus on one goal and skipped everything in the last two months for this one race. Who was realistically gonna challenge him here apart from Evenepoel? I want to hear his story later on though, because even if not able to follow Pogacar he at least should be ahead of the likes of VDP on this LBL-like course. Maybe just not his best day at the office after the ITT race last week, dunno.

Pogacar on that rainbow white Colnago in the rainbow jersey will be a sight to behold next season though, can't wait.

Wow, they're suddenly getting closer. Pogacar controlling the gap or struggling?

Sport has become incredible boring in the last few years.

I’ll never get bored watching greatness. What a fecking ride. Take a bow, Pogi.

I'm still pissed I missed the Lombardia :mad:

Love the italian eurosport crew btw, they're awesome. Magrini :drool:(ex peloton rider, the one going ullallalala)

Nothing to say about Tadej anymore. A demigod :lol: watching him attack will never be boring