Craig Pawson

It's just so obvious that some refs have different standards when it comes to us. Pawson is definitely one of them. Gave Brighton everything, and only gave us anything when he had to.

Fecking dickhead.

Gave a free kick for Veltman's deliberate handball but chose not to book him, because feck it, it's only Brighton. They're a good bunch of lads.

English referees arent great overall but Pawson does stand out as a bad one. Just laughed when he missed Veltman his double hand ball in the first half. Bad referee having a bad game.. what does that equate to?

English referees arent great overall but Pawson does stand out as a bad one. Just laughed when he missed Veltman his double hand ball in the first half. Bad referee having a bad game.. what does that equate to?
He didn't miss it - that would almost be excusable as human error. He gave a free kick for the deliberate handball. He just opted against giving a yellow card for it.

Brightons 12th man today. Felt like we were shooting uphill all game.

He didn't miss it - that would almost be excusable as human error. He gave a free kick for the deliberate handball. He just opted against giving a yellow card for it.

But if he sees a deliberate hand ball, why does he not give a yellow? I assumed he missed it being a hand ball because if you are a referee, why do you not book a player for a deliberate hand ball?

But if he sees a deliberate hand ball, why does he not give a yellow? I assumed he missed it being a hand ball because if you are a referee, why do you not book a player for a deliberate hand ball?
Because he is a terrible ref and wildly inconsistent. He let that go but just could not wait to book Kobbie for the gentlest contact in the middle of the park.

Because he's incompetent. I remember Mike Dean doing the same thing a few years ago in a match vs West Ham. It almost felt like he was thinking "it's early in the game and I don't want to get my cards out yet, so I'll let that deliberate handball slide". Bruno was telling him it was an obvious yellow and he was just waved him away.

Yep, definitely a 12th man for Brighton.
Sometimes a referee can subtly help decide a result but it wasn’t even subtle

Because he is a terrible ref and wildly inconsistent. He let that go but just could not wait to book Kobbie for the gentlest contact in the middle of the park.
That was so obviously fecked up. Disgusting

At some point does the cadre of refs that hate us age out? Surely people getting into refereeing today can't hate this version of United, so one day we'll get a decent shout?

Not as bad as Oliver. That guy visibly enjoys being a d*ck to us.

Obviously it's not a game changer but the fact he saw one of their players intentionally handle the ball and never bothered with a yellow card told me everything about him

Obviously it's not a game changer but the fact he saw one of their players intentionally handle the ball and never bothered with a yellow card told me everything about him
Exactly. He knowingly favoured them because they were playing against us. If they were playing against Liverpool or City instead, they’d be the ones who’d be getting shafted.

He's an awful ref. Looks weak and on the verge of tears for 90 minutes too. The non yellow for that handball is as bad a decision as you'll ever see on a football pitch. It's the ref equivalent of not getting 2+2 right.

Exactly. He knowingly favoured them because they were playing against us. If they were playing against Liverpool or City instead, they’d be the ones who’d be getting shafted.

season 12 in a row of me saying that refs dont decide games by penalties and red cards. they impact it most by dictating the flow with ridiculous inconsistent decisions that favour one team. I can't remember a single 'harsh' call against brighton today, but we gave away some shockingly soft free kicks.

He always looks scared someone will discover how many Star Trek figurines he has in hermetically-sealed wall displays in his basement