Craig Pawson

I really hope he is just really unintentionally biased against us because the alternative is way worse. It genuinely looks like it’s on purpose as this stage.

Honestly, some of the blame also lies with the United players. No pressure on the ref at all allowing him to get away with such an incompetent performance.

Joke refereeing today. First foul of Mitoma on Casemiro was already an orange card, and now he just lunges on De Gea’s shin with no control whatsoever and no second booking.

The Veltman decision still remains a mystery

Honestly, some of the blame also lies with the United players. No pressure on the ref at all allowing him to get away with such an incompetent performance.

Well, we keep getting punished because of surrounding the ref.

He'll probably send one of our players off for swearing at him

How is this useless cnut reffing a FA Cup semi final?

Out of the 8 added minutes overall, it was probably like 2 min active time. Shit ref

Allergic to giving cards to Man Utd opponents.

PGMOL will come out this week commending his performance saying he got all decisions correct. It’s a racket.

They know that the sport has moved too fast for the refs. Genuine re think needed about how it's officiated.

Pretty impressive he didnt break down like Marsch, he must be absolutely devastated behind those cold eyes

They know that the sport has moved too fast for the refs. Genuine re think needed about how it's officiated.
You’re making excuses for him. He found the time for a United’s fouls.

Why only give yellow cards to one team? Explain.

Somewhat interesting from the pretty neutral Guardian:

120+1 min “Even as a Brighton fan,” writes Johan, “I think a LOT of questionable decisions have gone their way today. Do you think, either consciously or unconsciously, the litany of previous refereeing mistakes (like the Mitoma non-penalty against Spurs) have made Pawson wary of making a mistake against them today?”

That’s a very good point, which I hadn’t considered. Mitoma should certainly have been sent off.

120+1 min “Even as a Brighton fan,” writes Johan, “I think a LOT of questionable decisions have gone their way today. Do you think, either consciously or unconsciously, the litany of previous refereeing mistakes (like the Mitoma non-penalty against Spurs) have made Pawson wary of making a mistake against them today?”

That’s a very good point, which I hadn’t considered. Mitoma should certainly have been sent off.
It’ll be worse if City are going for the treble in the final. No referee will rule anything close against them if that happens

One of the most blatant examples of relentless bias from a referee towards one team in a match in the history of the sport

So basically, the officials decided to even it all up against Man United because, hey, everyone hates them yeah?

Overran the ball, tackled Casemiro, yellow.

Overran the ball, tackled De Gea far more aggressively, no yellow.

Pawson is a fecking clown.

Terrible how mitoma didn't walk. Really poor.

Nothing will be made of it as we went through, but his decision making was woeful. Halve the Brighton team should have been carded and some how only mitoma did

We know if any United already on yellow fouled their keeper like that he'd be off but he can't send a player off in their big game as it's plucky Brighton and ruin the story.

Did the Brighton player bear hugging our player for an eternity actually get booked? He played the "advantage" of course and booked our two players for minimal holding during the game.

Why is English football full off amateur referees, isnt the FA supposed do something with that, bunch of lazy di*kheads really. So much money and quality in the league and one thing so overlooked is the huge substandard of refereeing. Hire international referees, I don't care, but this ultimately deserves a ban and a fine, so many blatant yellows and a potential of a couple of reds, at least it's over and didn't cost us.

You’re making excuses for him. He found the time for a United’s fouls.

Oh im definitely not. He was absolutely terrible and shouldn't be a referee. He's among the worst. I didn't mean speed of play, i meant the standards in every aspect of the game have raced ahead (fitness, nutrition, etc) while refereeing is still at an amateur level. Its never been more apparent

He really didn’t want to book their players, it was unbelievable. How many challenges off the ball as well that he just pointed at.

Then obviously, the Mitoma incident is a definite second yellow, but he‘s afraid to make the call.