Coronavirus in football

Considering we play Burnley on 30th and we both have a backlog of fixtures to fit in I don't think would be beneficial to us.

Surely if clubs are riddled with Covid, there'll be a bunch of cancellations on Boxing day as well?

The Premier League are looking incompetent to say the least. Money talks I guess.

That's the leap out with this. Why not the next round!?

6 games called off this week, takes 10 days to be in and out the system they say, so why assume there won't be any games off on Boxing Day?

most teams will get their players back next week so i dont see why the league must stop.

its been fair for all teams. stadiums are full as it should. the only thing that matters is the negative test to enter the stadiums and im so dissapointed in the bundesliga as i thought they had the protocols, the system to ask for the negative in the entrance.

after almost 2 years and it seems they dont get it, why are they playing in empty stadiums ? so ridiculous.

hats off to the english football. it has proved one more time it is the best league in the world.

Just seen Klopp say they won't sign any unvaccinated players. Hate to say it but they're really leading the way in the premier league for how to handle this. Everyone vaccinated, strong message supporting it and saying they won't sign anyone against it. Fair enough and I hope we follow suit.

Great respect for Klopp for being outspoken about this, shows great leadership and it's no wonder all his players are vaccinated. Not surprised at all that our club is full of morons and lacks leadership.

I don’t have proof obviously because not all clubs are disclosing. But it seems quite likely that if a large percentage of players are unvaccinated that’s the reason why there aren’t enough players to make up a team. More likely than say 23 people on one team being Covid positive. Take Liverpool, 3 Covid cases game goes on. Because they’re all vaccinated. Had that been us?

All I’m saying is if there’s no longer that much difference in terms of catching it whether you’re vaccinated or not, why should unvaccinated players have to isolate for 10 days after testing negative?

obviously in an ideal world (sadly) we’d all be like Liverpool. But right now we have to deal with what we got.
I’m not convinced Liverpool are fully vaxxed. Thiago has caught it at least twice now that we know off. Unlucky?

I’m not convinced Liverpool are fully vaxxed. Thiago has caught it at least twice now that we know off. Unlucky?
You can still catch it if double vaxxed.

source: am double vaxxed and currently have covid. It doesn’t guarantee you won’t get it, especially the newer Omicron strain.

source: am double vaxxed and currently have covid. It doesn’t guarantee you won’t get it, especially the newer Omicron strain.

That's right. Last data I saw, double vaxxed and boostered reduces your chances of infection by two thirds. Also reduces the severity of the disease massively. Not a Klopp fanboi, but he's got his head screwed on here.

I think they’re 99% vaxxed. Perhaps Thiago is the outlier. Possible he caught it twice though since others have and still been vaccinated.

Probably answered in this thread but how are other leagues doing in regards to covid? Can’t see many postponements around Europes big leagues

If fans have to prove vaccine uptake then players should have to prove they are vaccinated before they are paid. It is obscene if players are paid by fans who must be vaccinated.

is there any legal grounds for clubs to withhold pay based on vaccine status though? seems a bit sketchy

So 2/3rds of this weekends fixtures (week 18) had to be cancelled but the matchday that is discussed of being postponed is ... week 20? While the EFL cup during the week and boxing day match day is supposed to go ahead? And two days after week 20 (week 21 starts on the 01.01.2022) they continue?

Now I get that this will help in reducing the strain on the players that are not out - but in terms of circuit breaker, stopping the infections, this will do nothing at all...

If fans have to prove vaccine uptake then players should have to prove they are vaccinated before they are paid. It is obscene if players are paid by fans who must be vaccinated.

Fans have to prove vaccine uptake or provide a negative test. Just like the players. Only the players are tested much more frequently.

Probably answered in this thread but how are other leagues doing in regards to covid? Can’t see many postponements around Europes big leagues
They probably don’t have it as bad as us because there not run by clowns. We have a prime minister who thinks it’s alright to party Whilst telling the whole country to stay in doors and to keep social distance. They’ve also stopped fans from going to games and probably have a strict policy where all players have to be vaccinated. I believe quite a lot of prem players decided they don’t want to get them done.

At the moment there are capacity regulations for the stadiums in force in Austria and Germany. Austria just came from a lockdown which gave us room to breath but the Omicron wave has yet to fully hit europ. mainland.

I realise that, but twice? As mentioned elsewhere perhaps he’s the outlier

At the moment there are capacity regulations for the stadiums in force in Austria and Germany. Austria just came from a lockdown which gave us room to breath but the Omicron wave has yet to fully hit europ. mainland.

Saw some stats showing vax levels in PL players at 68% but in the 90s in Spain and Italy. Apparently this mirrors vax uptake in 20 and 30 year olds in the respective countries. So it boils down to the PL players being a little thicker than their counterparts elsewhere.

How severe are your symptoms out of interest? I’m guessing with footballers they’re fairly mild.

What is the benefit of postpone the next game week? Is that will help everyone to play the next game? You can’t guarantee what will happen. Either a good break of two or three weeks which I really hate to see and keep everyone is isolated with very restricted conditions which I also doubt all players will follow, OR continue like this.

You think this will solve the problem and all matches will start up again?

Assuming players are in line with the population at least 70% are double vaccinated. The games would still be postponed, players would still catch Covid and would still need to isolate. I don't understand what problem this would solve in football context?

They sold Amazon the showing rights for Xmas /boxing day for big bucks no?
Amazon makes their employees work even if there is a tornado right in the middle of the warehouse, I doubt players connected to a ventilator can't play is going to fly with them.