Cold War against China?

I disparage whoever the feck I want. Thank you very much. The Law of the Sea exists for a reason.

Bore off.

Well let me put it another way, your post has nothing to do with the cold war against China or any geopolitical relevancy. Go create a thread about commercial firms illegally salvaging shipwrecks if it interests you so much.

Well let me put it another way, your post has nothing to do with the cold war against China or any geopolitical relevancy. Go create a thread about commercial firms illegally salvaging shipwrecks if it interests you so much.

Every single Chinese firm is tied to the Chinese government in case you don't already get it. They can't even take a shit until someone from Beijing says it is good to do so. As for geopolitical relevancy, we are talking about another violation of a number of international laws as the text already mentioned.

Beijing claims almost the entirety of the South China Sea as its sovereign territory and it regularly ignores the national exclusive economic zones allocated to Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines and Indonesia under international law.

This is part of the same current picture.

Last edited:
Every single Chinese firm is tied to the Chinese government in case you don't already get it. They can't even take a shit until someone from Beijing says it is good to do so. As for geopolitical relevancy, we are talking about another violation of a number of international laws as the text already mentioned.

This is part of the same current picture.

Sorry but this is fox news level nonsense. The level of actual CCP links in private business in China is tiny, it's about 7% and thats usually via party branches in a company which are usually irrelevant as they're headed by the ownership so closer to 1% (almost exclusively the mega corps). This deep state idea you have in your head of a CCP rep controlling a company is a fabriciation, even when there is a CCP branch it's an 'aligning corporate values' exercise treated as the nonsense it is. They have less control that our western staff unions do.

The CCP is not involved in private salvage firms which should be fecking obvious to anyone with basic common sense. The bigger issue generally is they have too little control and fail to stamp down on illegal activities largely due to local corruption, as we see with poaching.

But again UK, Dutch, Indonesia all have had repeated incidents of their firms illegally salvaging. It's less an issue of regulation but criminal monitoring which is difficult at sea.

All nothing to do with a cold war with China and more your angry predjudiced ramblings.

How would they feel if Western entities came in to steal away so many archeological artefacts, entire sections of the Great Wall, and even tombs of their most revered leaders of years past? They better answer that question for all of us.

Surely this is satire? :lol:

There’s no way this was so perfectly worded and is a serious post.

Same manual of military NON-professionalism as the Russians use. The video footage in the Global News article is very clear, recorded from HMCS Montreal.

Stories in the press they flew 37 military aircraft into Taiwans’s air defence zone.

Cuba must be in VERY bad shape for their government to litterally start whoring publicly themselves to Russia and then China within a week.

If we decide to exclude someone from the normal world they turn to whoever is willing to do business.

If we decide to exclude someone from the normal world they turn to whoever is willing to do business.

I read that the myth of the US embargo is rubbish as it can't deny non-US companies from doing business with Cuba. Companies from Brazil, the Netherlands, Spain, France, Italy and Canada find ways to do a good share of business with Cuba. What else do they want?

I read that the myth of the US embargo is rubbish as it can't deny non-US companies from doing business with Cuba. Companies from Brazil, the Netherlands, Spain, France, Italy and Canada find ways to do a good share of business with Cuba. What else do they want?
Don't know about companies being effected but I do know that any boat that docks in Cuba is consequently barred from entering any US port, apparently that makes the vast majority of the world's shipping companies avoid Cuba.

The US has even dismissed claims of “spy island”.

From the guardian
“We have seen the report. It’s not accurate,” John Kirby, spokesperson for the White House national security council, told Reuters. But he did not specify what he thought was incorrect. He said the United States has had “real concerns” about China’s relationship with Cubaand was closely monitoring it.

Brig Gen Patrick Ryder, a US defense department spokesperson, said: “We are not aware of China and Cuba developing a new type of spy station.”

They cant deny them to do business with them, but any company that does business with cuba are denied to do business with US, guess who they choose

People go on an on about how China is a threat to them but they forget most of their weebs are playing gacha games from China. They're conquering your youths man, do something about it.

People go on an on about how China is a threat to them but they forget most of their weebs are playing gacha games from China. They're conquering your youths man, do something about it.

Or they're on TikTok posting videos about Chinese intelligence services spying on everything through your phone :lol:

If it was true do you think they'd tell us?
Not sure. The US can’t seem to decide if it wants to attempt a shitty remake of the Cold War. On one hand it’s freaking out about “intimidation” in the South China Sea and on the other dismissing stories about spy buildings.

He has a very good point, you know. Why are the US even bothering to try talking to someone who chose total silence? That is not saying about how much of a waste of money spent in sending Blinken on a futile errand. This is where whoever leads the State Department needs to apply lessons from the Bismarckian isolation of France.

Perhaps you could elaborate a bit?
Neville Chamberlain unwittingly gave Britain a year in which to prepare for war, if the war had started a year earlier they'd have lost, the RAF didn't have the capability in 1938 or 1939 to withstand the Luftwaffe and therefore Operation Sealion

Neville Chamberlain unwittingly gave Britain a year in which to prepare for war, if the war had started a year earlier they'd have lost, the RAF didn't have the capability in 1938 or 1939 to withstand the Luftwaffe and therefore Operation Sealion

So what changed in those years in the RAF? And did the Luftwaffe not strengthen also?

There was no unwittingly about it, Chamberlain was doing what he had to. Even as he smiled at 'herr hitler' he was ordering massive rearmaments on a technically illegal budget. The mistakes were made in the years beforehand, by the time Munich came around Chamberlain knew full well that war was coming.

So what changed in those years in the RAF? And did the Luftwaffe not strengthen also?
The Luftwaffe was already a battle hardened entity with modern bombers in 1938, Hurricanes entered service in December 1937 and Spitfires in August 1938 and as such their numbers were pretty low at the tome of Munich in September 1938

There was no unwittingly about it, Chamberlain was doing what he had to. Even as he smiled at 'herr hitler' he was ordering massive rearmaments on a technically illegal budget. The mistakes were made in the years beforehand, by the time Munich came around Chamberlain knew full well that war was coming.
Historians disagree on that, we will never know for sure

They do? Last time I read about this on r/askhistorians the consensus seemed to be that appeasement did buy time for the UK to rearm.
Nobody disputes that the appeasement bought time, the dispute is whether it was a deliberate policy to just buy time

On balance I don't think it was, the Munich agreement in 1938 was hugely popular with the public, WWI was still fresh in the minds and most people would have wished to avoid any possibility of a repeat

Historians disagree on that, we will never know for sure
I'm not a historian but I've got the impression their opinions have changed over the years, as more documents relating to re-armament came out after the 30 year rule and afterwards.

Nobody disputes that the appeasement bought time, the dispute is whether it was a deliberate policy to just buy time

On balance I don't think it was, the Munich agreement in 1938 was hugely popular with the public, WWI was still fresh in the minds and most people would have wished to avoid any possibility of a repeat
True, but that would have been the case whatever Chamberlain did. It is not evidence that he had not already made his mind up that war was coming and Britain desperately needed to re-arm. Time was also needed to try and get the US onside, not to mention the colonies.

I'm not a historian but I've got the impression their opinions have changed over the years, as more documents relating to re-armament came out after the 30 year rule and afterwards.

True, but that would have been the case whatever Chamberlain did. It is not evidence that he had not already made his mind up that war was coming and Britain desperately needed to re-arm. Time was also needed to try and get the US onside, not to mention the colonies.
And that's why I say we'll never know for sure and why historians can't agree, there's no actual evidence either way (that's come to light)

Listen folks, as a Raytheon stockholder, I agree that we need a military escalation with China. That way, we can prosecute a more direct war and spend even more money on weapons. We must defeat Xi so he doesn't come here and interrupt my golf outings.
</sarcasm>

:lol: @RedDevilQuebecois

What's with the neocon neoliberal - assertive, interventionist, "promoting freedom" bullshit agenda here? Why don't you stay in your lane, eh? Goddamn Cannucks