Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s funny how everyone is speculating here but are accusing each other of speculation

Regulus has to work at INEOS or something. It’s the only explanation.

I think their bid could well turn out to be shite, but I think we should actually wait and see for some substance from all bids.
I’ve said it over and over again, but there’s a ME desperation here leading to all sorts of wild claims about the INEOS bid, which I just can’t help but engage with.

Nar, you’re making a statement of fact.
I’m clearly saying “he might”, and even posted that it was also pure speculation…..

Do follow along.

The quote I posted you said "he's 70, he wants a legacy"

You didn't say might.

I'm giving you the facts, 6bn is a shitload of money that can generate far better returns than a football club, now buying a PL club for 500m investing 1.5bn on field can make them worth 3bn or 4bn and be a decent investment. But not for 6bn.

His history buying a club for peanuts in a weaker league and barely investing in them despite the fact even a decent amount of investment would likely see them regular top3.

We've seen him push for damaging policies for the countries just to make himself a little bit better off when he's already stinking rich

There is zero to back up any of your guesses and there's a lot to back up mine, so yours is far closer to speculation

The quote I posted you said "he's 70, he wants a legacy"

You didn't say might.

erm….

He’s 70 years old, cares about a legacy and loves being involved in sports.

It’s pure speculation to claim he is only going in for profit, you have zero idea. He might be going in for a fun way to spend his considerable wealth before he dies.

And it was the Guardian and multiple other outlets that have claimed he wants a legacy, not me la’.

Xenophobic :lol:
I swear some of you have lost it. Do you think the lads protesting the Glazers and shutting down the Liverpool game are international fans flying in just for a ding dong or local lads who go to most of the games?
Yes we have a global following but the most important fans will always be the ones in Britain and more specifically Manchester because shock horror we are a British team based in Manchester.
:lol: :wenger:

erm….

And it was the Guardian and multiple other outlets that have claimed he wants a legacy, not me la’.

Yes, you said he might be going in for a fun way to spend his wealth, you said he does want a legacy.

Well if we take all newspapers as fact I'm still remembering sneijder and gaitans amazing years here:drool:

There's a but of room for growth, there's not enough to make 4.5bn plus a stadium plus infrastructure even close to being profitable
TV rights are only a part of it, commercial opportunities are vast and a lot of potential has not been tapped yet, this is why US consortiums and equity firms are showing interest, they know this and they also know how to exploit them

Every bid is bidding to be the majority owner, to buy only the Glazers shares. That’s what this process is about, not about buying 100% of the club.
The Raine Group is handling only the sale of the majority shares, the Glazer shares.

“Sheikh Jassim Bin Hamad Al Thani today confirmed his submission of a bid for 100 percent of Manchester Utd football club”.

At least do some research before speaking with so much conviction. You’ve spent the whole day rambling on for pages arguing something you have very little information on like a disturbed teenager with condescending posts at anyone who disagrees with you. You’re like a bumble bee stuck in a honey jar frustrated with no wings. Take a break.

If I was stupidly rich, 70 years old, and owner of a company that still rakes in 2bn ish a year, I’d consider buying my hometown club (and the biggest in the World) a no brainer.
It’d be my love child and like Roman with Chelsea, I’d be there every week lapping up the adulation.

Or I guess Jim could go to his grave with deep deep pockets and a boring like couple of decades. No wonder he wants too be in F1, cycling etc, that’s what he’s worked so hard for, to enjoy this period of his life.
Chelsea?

Every bid is bidding to be the majority owner, to buy only the Glazers shares. That’s what this process is about, not about buying 100% of the club.
The Raine Group is handling only the sale of the majority shares, the Glazer shares.
Qatar wants 100% of the club, they will buy the Glazers share and then the shares in the market and the club will no longer be listed in the stocks market.

Posts telling people to feck off if they have an issue with Qatar. Lots of posts calling Ratcliffe bumcliffe.

Ah that sounds like we're talking about serious intellectual debates then. Hahahaha.

Let's be honest.... people want Qatar because they are the richest. There's nothing else to it. If Jim was the richest everyone would want him.

I don't want to be a ME play thing personally but it's out of my hands.

TV rights are only a part of it, commercial opportunities are vast and a lot of potential has not been tapped yet, this is why US consortiums and equity firms are showing interest, they know this and they also know how to exploit them

No one would have bid for Chelsea if it was 4.5bn plus an extra 1.5bn investment. Yes we're more valuable, but that extra 2bn makes it far more difficult to become profitable.

Xenophobic :lol:
I swear some of you have lost it. Do you think the lads protesting the Glazers and shutting down the Liverpool game are international fans flying in just for a ding dong or local lads who go to most of the games?
Yes we have a global following but the most important fans will always be the ones in Britain and more specifically Manchester because shock horror we are a British team based in Manchester.
:lol:
Brexit FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.