Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you're getting owners that will put their own interest on top of their agenda, just as before. Difference is, Glazers were about money, while Qatar is about sportswashing.
Can't wait for all 'ya guys to sing praises of the fabulous Qatari Royal family. On the upside, we'll have a proper El Plastico Derby in Manchester from now on

That's mean. Be kind or Sabitzer isn't the only one we'll be coming for.

No, you're getting owners that will put their own interest on top of their agenda, just as before. Difference is, Glazers were about money, while Qatar is about sportswashing.
Can't wait for all 'ya guys to sing praises of the fabulous Qatari Royal family. On the upside, we'll have a proper El Plastico Derby in Manchester from now on
Fully agree with the bolded, well said.

As for the second part, that is disingenuous. It is important to understand that a sale to state-ownership is very painful for a lot of fans (myself included) and ownership that facilitates sportswashing is not well recieved. Imagine if the same thing happened to Bayern. I don't exactly know how i will react but it will likely involve me distancing myself from the club and from football, which makes me sad, personally speaking.

With that said, how one reacts is a personal choice and i don't think it is right to cast judgement on average fans, especially if they continue supporting a club that has been central to their life and community. If people behave in the way you describe then yes, fair enough, criticism is warranted, but i suspect that most will not.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. No oppos ever gave a shit about our ownership, often defended it, until we threatened to be owned by someone who could let us live up to our full potential.

Hate to break it to you, but you were always able to burn fascinating amounts of cash, even under the Glazers. And, if your FA really does seem to take FFP seriously, see City, then your wet dream of having some 500m Transfer Budget won't ever come true.

Sportswashing, greenwashing blah, blah, blah if you want to watch top tier football we are long past the point of no return... if you want a vegan, PETA, Greeenpeace, Amnesty international, friendly club good luck finding one above pub level, my soul has long since been sold many times over.
Forest green rovers ?

I won't be watching football anymore if this happens. A shame because I'm so excited for what Ten Hag is doing for us, but I've no interest in supporting a bigger version of Manchester City.

Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

Will finally get to see my club, my Manutd back to where we belong.

Man this place is going to be tedious.

I think I'm going to take a sabbatical from caf if this goes through. There is only so many times a man can read the word sportswashing and resist the urge to stab oneself in the eye.

I know the Telegraph piece just says "American bidders" which can be anyone from Joel Glazer Jr to Jeff Bezos

But as the "American hedge fund" idea has been floated most, I really really struggle with why an American Hedge fund would buy any football team for £5bn plus. They'd get a much bigger return buying Liverpool surely as they'd be cheaper. Huge fanbase and squad potential

Hate to break it to you, but you were always able to burn fascinating amounts of cash, even under the Glazers. And, if your FA really does seem to take FFP seriously, see City, then your wet dream of having some 500m Transfer Budget won't ever come true.
Hate to break it to you, but I couldn’t care less about the transfer budget, we want owners who can invest in the club infrastructure; the stadium, the academy and the training facilities. Like I said, just sounds like sour grapes, I think you’re just trying to take swipes at United again because everyone upset you in the Musiala thread.

So much daftness in this post it's actually quite amazing.

So no Dubai then?

According to The Telegraph, Dubai are not involved. They have been told (presumably by Raine) that the front runners are various US-based investors (including some of those that failed to buy Chelsea), plus "a mystery Arabic investment group".

Whether or not the "mystery group" actually exists, is anyone's guess.

I would not be happy with any owners that have ties to Governments anywhere. Not even if it was the Norwegian sovereign wealth fund.
I'm not gonna claim that I would stop watching matches, but it would likely leave a sour taste with me and make me lose some of the enthusiasm I have for the club.
I'd rather stick to American VC's if that's the only other alternative, as they're the devil we know.
I wouldn't want us to suddenly buy lots of megastars either, we don't need owners that come with a warchest so to speak.

We "just" need owners that can clear out the debt caused by the leveraged buyout, leaving the club with more elbowroom to make moves by itself. To invest some in infrastructre, which increases the value of the club as a property. And then for the most part sit back and let the club cook. Use their network to bring in future business deals for the club, allowing for sponsors that align with their other business dealings (without potentially harming the MUFC brand). suggest where the club goes on tour (but not force) and along those lines.

I know it may be utopian to wish for the above, but I do not want our future success to be associated with countrystates who's values do not align with western values.
They are welcome to use sports to develop their countries like others do, but we don't see developing nations outside of ME states purchase western sports teams to use as PR tools.

Terrible take, limited knowledge on a subject better you just read it.

All United fans that understand whats been happening have ever wanted is to be able to use their own finances they generate to invest in the facilities and squad, not servicing debt forced upon the club and servicing the lives of the american fools in charge.

It's really as simple as that.

I know the Telegraph piece just says "American bidders" which can be anyone from Joel Glazer Jr to Jeff Bezos

But as the "American hedge fund" idea has been floated most, I really really struggle with why an American Hedge fund would buy any football team for £5bn plus. They'd get a much bigger return buying Liverpool surely as they'd be cheaper. Huge fanbase and squad potential

1/2 the stadium will be finished as well

I would not be happy with any owners that have ties to Governments anywhere. Not even if it was the Norwegian sovereign wealth fund.
I'm not gonna claim that I would stop watching matches, but it would likely leave a sour taste with me and make me lose some of the enthusiasm I have for the club.
I'd rather stick to American VC's if that's the only other alternative, as they're the devil we know.
I wouldn't want us to suddenly buy lots of megastars either, we don't need owners that come with a warchest so to speak.

We "just" need owners that can clear out the debt caused by the leveraged buyout, leaving the club with more elbowroom to make moves by itself. To invest some in infrastructre, which increases the value of the club as a property. And then for the most part sit back and let the club cook. Use their network to bring in future business deals for the club, allowing for sponsors that align with their other business dealings (without potentially harming the MUFC brand). suggest where the club goes on tour (but not force) and along those lines.

I know it may be utopian to wish for the above, but I do not want our future success to be associated with countrystates who's values do not align with western values.
They are welcome to use sports to develop their countries like others do, but we don't see developing nations outside of ME states purchase western sports teams to use as PR tools.

So even if it was a Qatari private investment group you would still see as having ties to the government there?

You seem to know very little yet speak like an authority on the matter

Hilarious seeing Bayern fans wumming in here when you consider where they’ve been training every winter for more than a decade.

I'm personally devastated. My association with the club will end if a state in any way purchases United. However it is a tough task to ask of fans to turn their back on the club they love and have supported for years/decades

Have you announced this to the NYSE?

Ducker covering all angles with ‘mysterious Arab investor’ give me a break

Hilarious seeing Bayern fans wumming in here when you consider where they’ve been training every winter for more than a decade.
We have to get used to opposing fans aiming shit it us. We have been doing it to City, Chelsea and now Newcastle long enough :lol:

So even if it was a Qatari private investment group you would still see as having ties to the government there?

Well all of a sudden they (Qatar) are making a case as to how there's a difference in the QSI, QAI and these "mysterious" investors but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's still the Emir pulling some strings. Not that I mind, personally. Everything but US owners imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.