Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he's eluding to the fact that trolls tend to be younger people. I don't think he's looking down on young people anymore than supporters look down upon old people when they accuse them of "dinosaur" views for example.
VP89 gets it.

But @Berbaclass won't have it. He's always in here, jumping to protect his beloved Muppetiers.

If you were posting sources, like actual real sources - I wouldn't say anything to you about it. But your staunch defence of the 'Muppetiers' is just weird at this point. I've said it before - I think you're the actual Muppetiers guy.

And I'll choose to believe actual journalists rather than a kid in his mom's basement. That's not an age thing - it's just my preference.

Thanks.

VP89 gets it.

But @Berbaclass won't have it. He's always in here, jumping to protect his beloved Muppetiers.

If you were posting sources, like actual real sources - I wouldn't say anything to you about it. But your staunch defence of the 'Muppetiers' is just weird at this point. I've said it before - I think you're the actual Muppetiers guy.

And I'll choose to believe actual journalists rather than a kid in his mom's basement. That's not an age thing - it's just my preference.

Thanks.
The same ‘actual journalists’ that have just been banned from the press conference for spreading lies and misinformation?

What do you mean? The guys language was discriminatory towards younger people and I am pretty sure not for the first time. It’s just boomerish, ageist nonsense. It should be called out.
Using 'boomerish' as an insult when complaining about ageism! Magnificent stuff.

Some of you could benefit from not posting in here constantly.

- Oct 7th Hamas attacks
- Oct 8th Qatari royal family start peace negotiations and mediation between Israel and Palestine in addition to the release of hostages on both sides.
- Oct 14th Romano tweets that Jassim has withdrawn.
- Oct 28th Reuters report that Qatar has successfully negotiated the release of hostages including Amercians.
- Nov 24th - Nov 30th Temporary ceasefire negotiated.

During this time the media have been pushing the Ratcliffe deal daily and constantly pushing back announcement days and providing excuses as to why it's not yet done. Prior to those attacks, Jassim's consortium were quoted as stating that they're prepared to play the long game and remain committed to the deal. The share price was above $20 following the reports of a deal being close to being done prior to those Oct 7th attacks and some people close to the royal family had suggested it was a done deal. Priorities clearly changed after that date and Manchester United wasn't at the top of that for obvious reasons. This gave the Glazers time to see and work with Ratcliffe on this minority offer while he was the only person currently at the table but it doesn't mean that they will accept it, especially if they feel the Qatari's will return once a permanent peace has been established in the region.

The leaking of the tender offer price for shares is a surefire way to blow up a deal or to show that the deal is off. Ratcliffe isn't buying a minority stake next week - when have the Glazers ever been in a rush to do anything? They have an offer for 8x revenue and 2x market value on a depreciating asset that requires billions of pounds of investment in a sport that has just hit its ceiling on TV money. The latest deal gave broadcaster(s) Sky 50% more games for basically the same money they paid in the previous cycle meaning each game is costing Sky around 30% less than it has previously and that's for the next 6 years. The 3pm blackout remains until at least the start of the next decade. For the Glazers to stay they're going to have to spend money and invest where there isn't growth and substantial risk. And they're not going to dilute their shares for investment - anyone who suggests that has zero clue what they're talking about.

I think they're waiting for a full sale and the media push for this Ratcliffe deal is a way to calm the fans and the stock market regarding the process to show that it is still moving ahead but in reality it's just delay tactics while they wait until the Qatari consortium are ready to seal the deal. The factual clues are there.

I was firmly in the Jassim camp but you seriously need to let this go, it’s over as far as he’s concerned and we’re now stuck with Jimbo and his 25% Glazer life jacket , I’ve come to peace with the fact we will remain irrelevant in the hunt for big trophies for a very long time and think you should too

I was firmly in the Jassim camp but you seriously need to let this go, it’s over as far as he’s concerned and we’re now stuck with Jimbo and his 25% Glazer life jacket , I’ve come to peace with the fact we will remain irrelevant in the hunt for big trophies for a very long time and think you should too

Nonsense, big guy.

We're the famous Man United.

Big week next week the week after, dream bigly and we go again, bigger than Qatar and their horseshit bid.

- Oct 7th Hamas attacks
- Oct 8th Qatari royal family start peace negotiations and mediation between Israel and Palestine in addition to the release of hostages on both sides.
- Oct 14th Romano tweets that Jassim has withdrawn.
- Oct 28th Reuters report that Qatar has successfully negotiated the release of hostages including Amercians.
- Nov 24th - Nov 30th Temporary ceasefire negotiated.

During this time the media have been pushing the Ratcliffe deal daily and constantly pushing back announcement days and providing excuses as to why it's not yet done. Prior to those attacks, Jassim's consortium were quoted as stating that they're prepared to play the long game and remain committed to the deal. The share price was above $20 following the reports of a deal being close to being done prior to those Oct 7th attacks and some people close to the royal family had suggested it was a done deal. Priorities clearly changed after that date and Manchester United wasn't at the top of that for obvious reasons. This gave the Glazers time to see and work with Ratcliffe on this minority offer while he was the only person currently at the table but it doesn't mean that they will accept it, especially if they feel the Qatari's will return once a permanent peace has been established in the region.

The leaking of the tender offer price for shares is a surefire way to blow up a deal or to show that the deal is off. Ratcliffe isn't buying a minority stake next week - when have the Glazers ever been in a rush to do anything? They have an offer for 8x revenue and 2x market value on a depreciating asset that requires billions of pounds of investment in a sport that has just hit its ceiling on TV money. The latest deal gave broadcaster(s) Sky 50% more games for basically the same money they paid in the previous cycle meaning each game is costing Sky around 30% less than it has previously and that's for the next 6 years. The 3pm blackout remains until at least the start of the next decade. For the Glazers to stay they're going to have to spend money and invest where there isn't growth and substantial risk. And they're not going to dilute their shares for investment - anyone who suggests that has zero clue what they're talking about.

I think they're waiting for a full sale and the media push for this Ratcliffe deal is a way to calm the fans and the stock market regarding the process to show that it is still moving ahead but in reality it's just delay tactics while they wait until the Qatari consortium are ready to seal the deal. The factual clues are there.

Hahahahahahahaha!

I always knew what the real reason behind your daily, pathetic posts were.

Morning! PES 5 is better than PES 6, by the way.

Back to football news. What is happening with this 25% takeover from Brexit Jim? Does anyone think we'll hear something before Christmas?
The journalists say we will get the official announcement next week, as early as Monday. Feel like you've heard that one before? "But this time, it's different!" :wenger:

Morning! PES 5 is better than PES 6, by the way.

Back to football news. What is happening with this 25% takeover from Brexit Jim? Does anyone think we'll hear something before Christmas?

Pes 5 was definitely more ambitious, but I remember it having no crowd only for cutscenes of supporters following a goal. Too much handball, also.

Ratcliffe is playing pes5 with Joel in his mother's bedroom.

Last edited:
There’s a few posters in this thread that need to stop trolling or trying to get reactions and a few people reacting badly. You all need to chill or you will find yourselves out with no warning

There’s a few posters in this thread that need to stop trolling or trying to get reactions and a few people reacting badly. You all need to chill or you will find yourselves out with no warning

I'm not having it.

There's no way PES5 is better than 6.

No damn way.

Rooney's close control on PES5 was so good it used to piss me off watching United when he wouldnt do everything I was capable of doing on the PS2

The journalists say we will get the official announcement next week, as early as Monday. Feel like you've heard that one before? "But this time, it's different!" :wenger:

Something else is going on in the background, this is not getting announced any time soon?

The way I look at it is: it really does have to be within the next 2 weeks or the Jan transfer window will be a write off. I've waited over a year in the whole process and about 3 months since Sir Jim won it.

So I can wait 2 more weeks I guess... :nervous:

VP89 gets it.

Thanks.

Christ... You have such a brittle spirit. You wouldn't have lasted here a few years ago.

The way I look at it is: it really does have to be within the next 2 weeks or the Jan transfer window will be a write off. I've waited over a year in the whole process and about 3 months since Sir Jim won it.

So I can wait 2 more weeks I guess... :nervous:

You understand it will take the PL 4 to 6 weeks to ratify any investment of this scale so he can't officially do anything in January even if it's agreed now really anyway?

You understand it will take the PL 4 to 6 weeks to ratify any investment of this scale so he can't officially do anything in January even if it's agreed now really anyway?
Why would the PL need to ratify a minority investment? Not saying you're wrong, but want to see the source for it.

How many more times do people need to be lied to by the mainstream media before they start to ask some questions?

- Board ratification in mid-October following Jassim's withdrawal.
- Wasn't supposed to be ratified so don't worry, this was a pre-planned meeting anyway
- Announcement next week
- Announcement before Thanksgiving
- Announcement before end of International Break
- Next week
- End of this week.
- Monday or Tuesday next week.
- Week after next but maybe not until after Christmas potentially February by the time PL approval.

You're being lied to.

How many more times do people need to be lied to by the mainstream media before they start to ask some questions?

- Board ratification in mid-October following Jassim's withdrawal.
- Wasn't supposed to be ratified so don't worry, this was a pre-planned meeting anyway
- Announcement next week
- Announcement before Thanksgiving
- Announcement before end of International Break
- Next week
- End of this week.
- Monday or Tuesday next week.
- Week after next but maybe not until after Christmas potentially February by the time PL approval.

You're being lied to.
It feels like the Glazers would be violating some major laws if they were truly lying.

It feels like the Glazers would be violating some major laws if they were truly lying.
There has no official word from Club's side or even Ineos about this transaction , so question of Glazer's lying doesn't even arise at the moment .

Status
Not open for further replies.