Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear the media still know feck all about what's happening. Every time I open this thread, about once a week, it's the same story. Maybe that report that it'll be next year before it's sorted is going to be the most accurate, because these "next week" predictions are getting shown to be pure guess work.

Hopefully he's in before the end of the season and has his guys in place. Going into summer, then they're in a good position to have assessed the season and decide what we need, what type of football we need to be playing etc.

Hiring the psg ceo is a huge concern, considering their club policy has been 'Air Jordan' and Galactico-style marquee monoliths. I also worry about their famed 'managerial merry-go-round' style of governance.

In short, many fears about Qatari rule are being replicated by brand Ineos.
Key difference here is Sir Jim, who clearly doesn’t have the Qatari states billions to burn, and is famously a Wiley operator. He’s said previously that INEOS never wants to be the ‘dumb money’ and I believe he will stick to that with United.
They have made there mistakes at Nice and Lausanne, I don’t think they will be stupid enough to make them again with United.

I don't think Arnold going is much to do with Jim or anyone taking over. I believe he wanted a full takeover so he obviously went against the cnuts and it cost him his job.

Was reported weeks ago back when both was in the race that Jassim planned to keep the status quo and give people chances whilst Jim wanted rid of them all.

it’s pretty obvious he was looking out for himself.

Was reported weeks ago back when both was in the race that Jassim planned to keep the status quo and give people chances whilst Jim wanted rid of them all.

it’s pretty obvious he was looking out for himself.

Reported… lots of things were reported.
Was also reported Jassim would bring in his own team after a 100 day review

If the rumor is true, United had contact with Ancelotti, so the new board thinks every of our problems come down to manager...fecking genius. How is it different than Glazers running the football then?

If nothing else comes of this week, I'm sure we can all agree 'Earthworm Jim' as a new nickname is a decent takeaway.

Probably the biggest update since February.

Trying to follow some of the logic here, PSG owners are bad as PSG is a circus but PSG CEO is great as PSG has made a huge brand of itself?

Guess we'll have to (surprise surprise) wait a little more in order for the smoke to dissipate, as every update reaffirms that nobody knows anything and that United is a clickbait machine.

Probably the biggest update since February.

Trying to follow some of the logic here, PSG owners are bad as PSG is a circus but PSG CEO is great as PSG has made a huge brand of itself?

Guess we'll have to (surprise surprise) wait a little more in order for the smoke to dissipate, as every update reaffirms that nobody knows anything and that United is a clickbait machine.

It's called pretzel logic

The only thing which will stop his pro-Qatar outbursts is getting the deal over the line.

So expect many more moons of 'Jassim is not out of it yet' to surface, with the 'shareholders' still not happy about something or other. 'Fiduciary responsibility' is a good one.

As for newcastlecitypsg, they can all do one.

I mean, that's a classic case of 'attack the poster and not the post.' My post wasn't pro-anything other than pro-reality. Reality that everyone is being lied to through the media and to try and help people that are over-focusing on this non-existent impending announcement day. If I am pro-anything it's Glazers out and have been for nearly 20-years as opposed to you who is pro-Glazer and wants them to stay which you've made clear already.

I mean, that's a classic case of 'attack the poster and not the post.' My post wasn't pro-anything other than pro-reality. Reality that everyone is being lied to through the media and to try and help people that are over-focusing on this non-existent impending announcement day. If I am pro-anything it's Glazers out and have been for nearly 20-years as opposed to you who is pro-Glazer and wants them to stay which you've made clear already.

Green laughing emoji head thingy.

My post wasn't pro-anything other than pro-reality.
More pro-pessimism really.

The reality is we don’t know anything really, and we won’t until it is announced by United or INEOS.
That said, this 25% minority investment by SJR is the most likely outcome, otherwise Richard Arnold would still be in his position.

Honestly, this guys just have another Excel spreadsheet open this week, we are just numbers. They don’t care about how long things take.

I honestly don't care. The way I see it, it's just another Glazer coming in who will also need dividends paid out as well. Like the Glazers, Jim will put his people in the top positions and it'll just be more of the same, albeit, I have some faith Jim will put his own money in to renovate Old Trafford. The debt will remain and our football structure will remain as broken as ever. Even worse, Jim will sell himself as a football man and will likely convince our current idiots that he knows what he's doing.

I honestly don't care. The way I see it, it's just another Glazer coming in who will also need dividends paid out as well. Like the Glazers, Jim will put his people in the top positions and it'll just be more of the same, albeit, I have some faith Jim will put his own money in to renovate Old Trafford. The debt will remain and our football structure will remain as broken as ever. Even worse, Jim will sell himself as a football man and will likely convince our current idiots that he knows what he's doing.
This is wrong. He's not another Glazer, he has no interest in making money from United. He does want to run the club much more professionally. Unlike the Glazers he will appoint people with actual football experience. Why should the football structure remain broken, its absolutely the key thing he wants to fix.

I don't think it's true at all, he will most likely want 0 say in our recruitment policy. Just another journalist that knows how to rile up fans that take any article as gospel.

However, I'd welcome this if it meant we would seriously be in the race for most Rice/Bellingham/Kane calibre of homegrown talents

I don't think it's true at all, he will most likely want 0 say in our recruitment policy. Just another journalist that knows how to rile up fans that take any article as gospel.
The Daily Brexit would love it to be true though.

However, I'd welcome this if it meant we would seriously be in the race for most Rice/Bellingham/Kane calibre of homegrown talents
How can people still be this naïve? We will be throwing around 100m for the likes of Longstaff before we are ever in contention for Belligham.

What else are you expecting of from an owner? Anyone who puts billions in will expect money back. All that matters is if the new capitalist vulture is actually sensible and puts in smart people who run the football side of the club well.

What else are you expecting of from an owner? Anyone who puts billions in will expect money back. All that matters is if the new capitalist vulture is actually sensible and puts in smart people who run the football side of the club well.

I'm sure multi-billionaire Ratcliffe is after United so that he can take his 10-20 million yearly dividends out. :lol:

For United to be a profitable thing for him, he'll have to pour money into it for at least a decade and also make sure that we are successful on the pitch...and even this is a highly unlikely scenario, because there are way better investments he and Ineos can make for less money, less risk and higher returns in a shorter amount of time.

71 year old Ratcliffe wants to buy a 6 billion pound asset, so that he can sell it for 10 billion when he's 85? Or he's gonna take yearly dividends so that he can make 15% of his current net worth by the time he's 120 years old? Solid logic there, guys. Like I've said at least 5 times in this thread, you gotta be really dumb to assume Ratcliffe wants to "leech" off the club.

This is wrong. He's not another Glazer, he has no interest in making money from United. He does want to run the club much more professionally. Unlike the Glazers he will appoint people with actual football experience. Why should the football structure remain broken, its absolutely the key thing he wants to fix.

Dominic O'Connell, editor of business times radio, who co-authored Ratcliffe's autobiography and is a long time friend of his has publicly stated otherwise:

"I spoke to him about it a few times, although last time about 4-5 months ago now and he's extremely keen to get a hold of Manchester United. The other thing about Jim Ratcliffe is A) he doesn't like losing and B) he doesn't like doing business without the sense of not getting any gain at the end of it. So his view of Man Utd, as he's expressed to me, and he's expressed this publicly so it's hardly any revelation, he's sees it (Man Utd) as one of the few clubs in the world that can cover its day to day operating costs from its own revenue - merchandise, tickets sales and that sort of stuff and then if you invest on top of that you should do well over the long term but, it will not be a continual drain on his coffers. That's his view and that in 10 years time, 20 years time when it comes to the next stage in the ownership of Manchester United he will make a profit - he's not in this to lose money."

It's amazing how much people idealise outcomes. This isn't a philanthropic adventure for Ratcliffe - he's a billionaire. Billionaires are a way of life and he's a very successful one. Utd is a good investment for his INEOS portfolio and his bank balance. Ratcliffe has been trying to get a blue chip club in his INEOS petrochemical empire for years now.

I'm sure multi-billionaire Ratcliffe is after United so that he can take his 10-20 million yearly dividends out. :lol:

For United to be a profitable thing for him, he'll have to pour money into it for at least a decade and also make sure that we are successful on the pitch...and even this is a highly unlikely scenario, because there are way better investments he and Ineos can make for less money, less risk and higher returns in a shorter amount of time.

71 year old Ratcliffe wants to buy a 6 billion pound asset, so that he can sell it for 10 billion when he's 85? Or he's gonna take yearly dividends so that he can make 15% of his current net worth by the time he's 120 years old? Solid logic there, guys. Like I've said at least 5 times in this thread, you gotta be really dumb to assume Ratcliffe wants to "leech" off the club.
I won’t act like I know the ins and outs of a billionaire’s mind but no way in hell he is doing because he is a United fan or he loves football. There are always financial motivations behind every billionaire be it sports washing, hiding illgotten gains or making money for shareholders.

It's amazing how much people idealise outcomes. This isn't a philanthropic adventure for Ratcliffe - he's a billionaire. Billionaires are a way of life and he's a very successful one. Utd is a good investment for his INEOS portfolio and his bank balance. Ratcliffe has been trying to get a blue chip club in his INEOS petrochemical empire for years now.

The opportunity cost of sticking the money into other ventures means it's obvious he will expect a way to get a return. He'd be better off getting interest returns from no-risk investments than he would taking little bits out the club with the risk of no success over time damaging the value. The only real way to make actual money with football clubs is to grow the value of your asset yourself or get taken up in the growth of football generally, but I'm not sure it's got that many places left to grow hugely in so that's likely over to an extent.

The opportunity cost of sticking the money into other ventures means it's obvious he will expect a way to get a return. He'd be better off getting interest returns from no-risk investments than he would taking little bits out the club with the risk of no success over time damaging the value. The only real way to make actual money with football clubs is to grow the value of your asset yourself or get taken up in the growth of football generally, but I'm not sure it's got that many places left to grow hugely in so that's likely over to an extent.

That's why I think they'll take another run at the Super League at some point. Once the dust settles from the last attempt, they'll be back with something they'll hope will be more palatable to the fans.

That's why I think they'll take another run at the Super League at some point. Once the dust settles from the last attempt, they'll be back with something they'll hope will be more palatable to the fans.

They won't need to if the PL get their finger out and get streaming done. An all in one package available world wide with no 3pm Blackout would be probably the last viable way to improve revenue streams.

Of course the only way the 3pm blackout thing will get past a government is to cut and put a cap on ticket prices. Should be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

I won’t act like I know the ins and outs of a billionaire’s mind but no way in hell he is doing because he is a United fan or he loves football. There are always financial motivations behind every billionaire be it sports washing, hiding illgotten gains or making money for shareholders.

Those of you that accuse him of this don't seem to realize that the only way for him to make a significant amount of money from this club is by success on the pitch and heavy infrastructural investment. Whether you think his intention is money or footballing success, they sort of go hand in hand.

There are plenty of 70-odd year old billionaires who aren't slowing down with their buying businesses or other investments. It isn't about how much is enough money for a certain age, otherwise they would have all retired long ago.

Yes he might not care that much about dividends or selling in the future, but the value of owning Manchester United goes beyond how much money can be directly extracted from the company. It could be useful to have a team with our worldwide popularity associated with your business portfolio for a whole host of reasons. I don't think we can dismiss this completely, as he is an astute filthy rich billionaire. Look at how the super rich often talk about the most gratifying thing being building an empire that lasts for the ages. It isn't about how much money they can make before they die. It's often about building something that will last for a long time afterwards.

Not sure what your opinion is, but I don't think this deal is for the love of Manchester United, and I don't think that he is buying to leech off the club either, at least not in a direct financial sense. He might have a soft spot for United, but how far that is affecting his decisions is debatable and I'd guess it isn't so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.