Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical for us to delay things as always. Nothings ever smooth with this club

The mirror quoting Stretford paddock? Is that a reliable source now? How many moons is that?
He himself in the interview says he or others don't have a clue about when exactly the deal will finalize and that might take till after the new year. So idk why its been taken as gospel.

That mufcmpb account is a load of shite at times too. No idea why it gets quoted so often.

He himself in the interview says he or others don't have a clue about when exactly the deal will finalize and that might take till after the new year. So idk why its been taken as gospel.

Many want Jassim to come back. Like Homer Simpson chasing the flying pig 'it's still good it's still good'.

New Year sounds about right as Jim has to negotiate the fit an proper person crap first.

I hope he fails. Brailsford literally scares me. Looks like a creep. Arnold being booted out is a clincher, though. Tim-ber.

He’s having to negotiate with some of the most craven people you’re likely to encounter. It was never going to be quick.

Many want Jassim to come back. Like Homer Simpson chasing the flying pig 'it's still good it's still good'.

New Year sounds about right as Jim has to negotiate the fit an proper person crap first.

I hope he fails. Brailsford literally scares me. Looks like a creep. Arnold being booted out is a clincher, though. Tim-ber.
This has nothing to do with the fit and proper person test. The Glazer’s can still do whatever Sir Jim wants, hence Arnold giving his marching orders. They still own the club and can make whatever decisions they want, even if Sir Jim is pulling the strings behind the scenes. The extended delay, if to be believed, is a worry though.

I can only think, so far, of two possible reasons:

a) The Glazer family, as a whole, are still undecided amongst themselves
b) Sir Jim has still not found a way to ‘resolve the issue with A class shareholders’

The second point is still relevant, imo. People say he’s a shrewd operator in business, but his offer to buy just the Glazer’s 69% was ridiculous and never likely to get approved.

b) Sir Jim has still not found a way to ‘resolve the issue with A class shareholders’
Every reputable source is saying this is as good as done, pending announcement. If it was anything serious that simply wouldn’t be the case.
This is just fan fiction plucked from thin air. Chill out and have some patience!

Is he not buying 25% of the Glazer's shares?
If so, they don't particularly need the full Glazer consent and the Class A leeches can slide on.

Glazers did not promise them a rose garden.

And two photographs of a sheikh are?

He looks like Chevy Chase. I'm convinced it is Chevy Chase. I want him to be Chevy Chase.

But it's not.

He's just a state actor for a dictatorship. Thought he could buy consent and the Glazers would capitulate. Daddy cut off his funding he got done by brexit bastard Jim.

A sad, sorry mess indeed.

That mufcmpb account is a load of shite at times too. No idea why it gets quoted so often.
Agreed, some of the aggregator Twitter accounts are the worst.

I watched the SP video with Joe & "Disco Mirror". It was just a lot of opinions and guesswork. Nothing newsworthy whatsoever.

The delay is too long. It's been over a month since Qatar pulled out and there's not even an announcement of Ratcliffe deal. Why is it taking so long? They had over a year for talks.

I am getting a bad feeling that Ratcliffe may pull out as well. Glazers are weirdos and they can frustrate anybody with their greed and indecisiveness. Ratcliffe has been super patient with them, but maybe nobody is patient enough for Glazers?

I hope I am not right about this.

Tweets from these aggregator accounts should be banned in my opinion, they often misrepresent the original source

Since they do usually credit the source then it's not difficult to seek out the actual article, interview etc

String us along, string us along. All the Glazers want to do is string us along.

looks like the 6 siblings havent came to agreement yet. The Jassim dropout may frustrated some of the siblings

Why do you say that? Sir Dave Brailsford will be heavily involved in the ‘project’ in his capacity as INEOS Director of Sport. He will take an overview as he does with Nice and other parts of INEOS sporting empire. He has a wealth of experience as a performance director, and seems highly trusted by Sir Jim. Dismissing him as ‘bike man’ or ‘this cycling bloke’ is childish and closed minded. Let’s see what he can bring to the party.
It’s clear Blanc will be club CEO in the new year, and most likely Mitchell will be DOF. Between the 3 of them that will be the kind of experienced professional sporting structure we could only dream of in the last 17 years!

Well we know what Brailsford will bring to the party...

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/da...d-following-freeman-verdict-says-dcms-member/

No that's why it's a mess. He has to buy other shareholders aswell

Fair enough.

Is there a certain amount of A and B he has to buy?

He should just get it done then, buying out 25% of the public shares should be the least complicated bit in the process.

I do think the mess is Joel Glazer wanting certain processes in place before committing to anything.
The decisions he will make will be brought to him via very different people than previously, and I suspect it may be the prime cause of the latest hold-up.

Shareholders not playing ball is unlikely as Qatar have pulled out.

The announcement that The Glazers were looking for investment was now 12 months ago tmrw....

https://apnews.com/article/sports-soccer-middle-east-business-qatar-e68cfe082685b24b3ef36ec940559890

Announcement tmrw on the 1 year anniversary?
Yes Happy Anniversary.

So to summarise:

1. The Idiot Owners thought they could do a private deal when they announced a company initiative
2. Appointing the masters of transactions, the Raine Group, to lead the charge
3. Both forgot about the little A class shareholders, who had given the family nearly a billion pounds for their little stake, to whom they owed a duty of care.
4. The Chosen One, initially Ineos now Sir Jim (who forgot that Ineos had their own duty to their creditors) also forgot about the A class group.
5. From talk about buying out 78% it went down to a cunning 51% and now a more appealling and sensible 25%
6. Using the Hokey Cokey form of management they are forming a new dream team
7. The dream team also incorporates the sporting expertise of Slow Joel, to the delight of every single non United fan
8 The deal, which will be announced every day, according to those in the know, is being frantically rewritten to accommodate everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.