Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Can't help but think this protest is going to be an embarrassment. Having at 9.45am on a work day during term time seems a bit daft to me in terms of getting people there. Hopefully a lot turn up, but I can't see it being enough to make them shut the megastore or anything. I understand why it's today, as it's kit launch day.
Only 1 day notice too but it doesn't really matter as this one is not about numbers, just a bit of antiGlazer publicity on the day of kit launch and financial results

It's more about embarrassing sponsors like Adidas or TeamViewer who will moan at the club about it

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Very interesting news I just read on Twitter

laughtersassassin

Not bad turnout on a workday tbh, not sure why these things are never organised on the weekend though
Well this one was specifically set up to prevent the club launching the kit on the megastore and considering the store is still closed its worked

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Not bad turnout on a workday tbh, not sure why these things are never organised on the weekend though
The trouble is that these protests are always compared to Liverpool’s and they somehow always manage to get an incredible turnout on workdays.
Want to enlighten us?
A potentially habitable planet has been found just four light years away - sorry it’s a couple of days old now so might have already been posted.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Seen that as well, interesting indeed. Could be something.
Our generation won’t see the benefit but who knows what tech future generations might have.

Zora

Pilib de Brun is the worst journalist on the planet.
He really is terrible. He's just a fan, like all of us here. Nice guy but I'm not sure how anyone takes him too seriously - he always sounds drunk to me.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Its new kit launch day. They want to disrupt it.

Given the megastore has been closed, they did.
It doesn't really answer the question unless they have a beef with the megastore. Is this supposed to have an effect on the current sale of the club?

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
As said earlier.

What is a work day? 9-5 mon-fri is a thing of the past... I'm not working right now, and I'm sure millions of others aren't.
Yeah I work shifts and prefer them over the standard working week, less people during the week to get stuff done.

Tiber

Better showing than I expected to be honest. Though closing the megastore for an hour in a morning on a weekday may not make much of a difference to the bottom line

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It doesn't really answer the question unless they have a beef with the megastore. Is this supposed to have an effect on the current sale of the club?
The intention is pretty obvious, no? It’s supposed to remind the Glazers that they want them out asap. Which is a shot across the bows for any Glazers who might be thinking about hanging around.

That’s the intention. Whether it’s effective or not is a separate discussion.

Zora

Better showing than I expected to be honest. Though closing the megastore for an hour in a morning on a weekday may not make much of a difference to the bottom line
There's still many people from around the globe who are visting this time of year on their vacations.

The timing is perfect because it's not about making a difference to shirt sales, these photos will get covered by all of the news outlets and be shared around the world. Sponsors like Adidas will not be happy and it just gives the Glazers another reason to sell.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The intention is pretty obvious, no? It’s supposed to remind the Glazers that they want them out asap. Which is a shot across the bows for any Glazers who might be thinking about hanging around.

That’s the intention. Whether it’s effective or not is a separate discussion.
Okay.

lsd

The Oracle
It will be such a surprise when it happens despite the million reliable rumours that have said it will be announced tomorrow since the whole thing started seven months ago.

I'm almost disappointed now when I don't see an announcement saying any moment now it's happening.

Tomorrow is my guess

giggs-beckham

Clueless
The trouble is that these protests are always compared to Liverpool’s and they somehow always manage to get an incredible turnout on workdays.

A potentially habitable planet has been found just four light years away - sorry it’s a couple of days old now so might have already been posted.
Proxima B I'm guessing

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
The intention is about impacting our biggest sponsors Adidas and TeamViewer in the hope they will moan at the club

It could certainly have been better organised but still gets some publicity so better than nothing I suppose

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Fair play to anyone protesting. I've given up hope for next season, the Glazers have done it again.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
All in all the Glazers look like they will have a day in court if they sell out those investors.

For a family who work under a say nothing philosophy that in itself will be interesting.

I suspect that Jassim's team have weighed all of this up in placing their bids.
I suspect that his team did their due diligence before they put in the bid and if you look at their messaging too. 100% buy.

Ratcliffe must have read the room and concluded that the Glazers have an inclination or desire to want to stay in some capacity or another.

stevoc

Our generation won’t see the benefit but who knows what tech future generations might have.
FIFA are already exploring the possibility of staging a World Cup there if there are locals to bribe them.

Syphon Wallet

4 years
At the speed of light.
110 thousand years of travel at current spaceshuttle speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.