Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found Jack Graelish’s redcafe profile
Reckon I’m a good bit older and a hell of a lot less talented than Grealish….just as much of a tool though :D
Funny thing is I think there's a fairly strong chance he'll be Man Utd manager at some point, especially if SJ does end up buying the club. Xavi has always talked well about us, saying that we're his favourite English club and that he gave serious thought to joining us when we were apparently interested in the early 00's. He obviously has links to Qatar and (according to Xavi) SJ himself.

So if he does well at Barca but at some stage ends up leaving them (either his choice or if they go through a rough patch in the future), I'd expect to see him here if it lines up with a time that we're looking for a new manager.
Crikey, not sure how I’d feel about that, he reeks of evil bastard to me. Suppose we might finally land FDJ though, so that’s something

I'm rooting for the Qataris just for the sheer madness that will ensue from some posters :devil:

A lot of those posters have genuine anxiety about Qatar taking over the club. To just dismiss that so you can gloat is pretty low.

If only history had taken a different path, ie SAF hadn’t fallen out with JP McManus over that racehorse.
Proper due diligence would have meant it would’ve been all but impossible for Malcolm Glazers offer to be even taken seriously. It feels like we’ve all been scammed by them.

On what basis do you think the Glazer's wouldn't pass due diligence?

Only 5 pages this morning, no tweets, took 20 seconds to flick through. Thanks. :lol::lol:

I don’t know how you do it. I always come in to this thread and start at the very latest post, scroll up to the previous 3 or 4 then think “feck this” and close the page. And yet I still keep coming back.

The Reuters story has been undersold by the title pretending the reports were "conflicting"

What happened was an impeccably reputable source broke a story that feck wits on Twitter weren't able to source and suddenly it's 'conflicting'

Ridiculous Tweet. Section of the FT article quoted is an assumption the time is taking could be a sign of division within the Glazer family. And that the family's notorious secrecy makes it hard to know, or it could be because a multibillion-pound deal takes time to make

"Wow super THERMONUCLEAR BOOM SCARY SHIT" take away from that like he's Dr Eric Ding just walking by someone who sneezed is a bit silly.

The Glazers aren’t leading potential buyers this far down the road only to turn around and say “actually, we will keep the club but thanks for your interest.”

Not a chance.

The Glazers aren’t leading potential buyers this far down the road only to turn around and say “actually, we will keep the club but thanks for your interest.”

Not a chance.

Quite, they risk their own credibility.

And that's actual credibility in the business world not the credibility we pretend they don't have because we sold Ronaldo and bough Obertan

Not a chance.
Most likely they would be sued so unlikely indeed

So all this “may not be completed till after start of the season” - is that sounding more of a realistic situation, or was that an incredibly pessimistic “worst case scenario?”

If only Qatar could take over so we get a proxy war between Qatar and the UAE in the middle of Manchester

With a bit of luck they will rename both clubs. Doha United against Abu Dhabi City

The Reuters story has been undersold by the title pretending the reports were "conflicting"

What happened was an impeccably reputable source broke a story that feck wits on Twitter weren't able to source and suddenly it's 'conflicting'
Pretty much. The AP report was extremely thin also. They basically got a ‘no comment’ from their Qatar source and people took that as a denial.

This was the quote

But the source close to the bid told AFP there were no official updates from Sheikh Jassim's side and no timetable for next steps.

This sale is pathetic, dragging on too long, Glaziers will still he here next season and with a reported only 120m for transfers, my fear that that they won’t go and we will get one maybe 2 players in, 1 of which has to be a keeper.
Can’t take another season of this shite, being a United fan really sucks right now.

For Plant and Berbz

Guess who just got back today?
Them thread banned boys that had been away
Nothin’s changed, or so The Times may say
But man, I still think them cats are crazy

They were askin' if Jassim’s around
How he was, where he could be found
I told 'em he was livin' in Doha town
Drivin' old Jim Brexit crazy

The boys are back in town (the boys are back in town)
I said (the boys are back in town)
(The boys are back in town)
The boys are back in town

You know that Sheikh that used to bid a lot
Every night he’d be on the floor, ‘Sheikhin' what he’s got
Man, when I tell you he was cool, he was red-hot
But I mean, that’s Sportswashin'

And that time over at Sir Jim’s place
Well, Reuters got up and they slapped Jimmy’s face
Man, we just fell about the place
If that Sheikh don't wanna bid, just forget him

I said (the boys are back in town)

Rio spread the word around
Sheikh Jassim’s back in town
Rio just spread the word around

Friday night Plant’s dressed to kill
Gazing in Berba’s windowsill
The bids will flow and blood will spill
And if Man City wanna cheat, the FA will let 'em

That jukebox in the corner blastin' out Plant’s favorite song…
‘Jimmy Jimmy’ by the Undertones
Won't be long 'til summer comes
and those Glazer boys keep us all waitin’

(The boys are back in town) spread the word around
I hate that song so much but well done

The funniest thing is, the Reuters report was only in continuation of reports at start of the week from Times and Daily Mail that a preferred bidder is expected by end of the week.

Yet when Reuters report that Jassim is in negotiations to be chosen as preferred bidder, there's 'conflicting'.

The funniest thing is, the Reuters report was only in continuation of reports at start of the week from Times and Daily Mail that a preferred bidder is expected by end of the week.

Yet when Reuters report that Jassim is in negotiations to be chosen as preferred bidder, there's 'conflicting'.
Wishful thinking mate. Most people picked a side and don’t want to believe they might be wrong.

Pretty much. The AP report was extremely thin also. They basically got a ‘no comment’ from their Qatar source and people took that as a denial.

This was the quote
Most likely the British reporters got the same from their sources

What's the possibility of Glazers being back to purchase another football club having a shed load of money? We know they were interested in an IPL (Cricket) franchise last year.

Everyone will want to believe what they want but a news institution running a story about a major financial deal isn't conflicted by the fact a sports reporter hasn't got the same information.

We really need to stop thinking the Glazers or anyone close to them are getting on the blower to Geoff Shreeves, Mike Keegan or him off Talksport. You might as well claim political stories are 'conflicted' if the bloke down the pub that sells the cut price meat can't confirm that what the BBC are reporting is true.

What's the possibility of Glazers being back to purchase another football club having a shed load of money? We know they were interested in an IPL (Cricket) franchise last year.

The Glazers taking over/taking up a significant role in Liverpool would be absolutely amazing. Truly the happy ending this story deserves.

Can't see it. Why sell Coca Cola if you want to remain in the fizzy beverages game. I think they're done with football

Getting any clear truth about these deals would be pretty risky due to legalities on the part of Raine, Glazers, and the buyers. We can only read between the lines of any crumbs of news coming out from news sources.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they will not be able to buy another club like they bought us, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they will not be able to buy another club like they bought us, right?

Sure could. Every possibility Ratcliffe would have followed the same model. Still might.

Of course - for balance - some think it is equally possible he wanted to buy the club, incurring billions in debt and not follow entirely regularly business practices as he has in his other ventures and use revenue from the business to service the debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.