Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can’t the government step in and speed this up? Let’s start a rumour that Joel and Avram have Putin round to play Xbox

They're definitely Xbox players. Lack the class and decorum of a Playstation player let alone the care free positivity of a Nintendo player.

Even the sale is a complete joke

This club is absolutely fecking shite at everything it does
How emotional :lol:
This is a huge business transaction and it's normal for them to take 9 months or more to wrap it up.

The whole Q1 target seemed ridiculously ambitious at the time.

Buying a multibillion-pound company isn't like a bidding war for an affordable and sort after centre- half. There usually aren't lots of potential buyers. When Discovery-Warner bought AT&T they didn't have to fight off rival bidders. In vast majority of cases one company identifies the benefits of acquiring another company and the set about doing so.

A few years ago it was the Glazers. They weren't in a Bidding war with anyone. Few years before that it was Murdoch and Knighton before him

At any point during those proposed or completed overs observing that there wasn't a bidding war therefore there can't really be any value in the long term value of the club would have been equally as accurate and ridiculous as saying it now WITH an actual biding war ongoing

United is widely seen as a bad/risky investment and overvalued. The reasons are obvious. Loaded with debt, huge squad investment needed, competing with nation states, and an out of date infrastructure. One of the most famous sports teams in the world and we only have two bidders and one is a sportswasher, it says it all about the value here. Chelsea had 20+.

Here is what you wrote

The idea outside investors would look at billions of profit being made in 17 years and scratch their head in where our value lies in terms of investment is silly

This is basically like saying Bitcoin is a good investment because it's gone up a lot. The R/R calculation now is completely different to 10/15 years ago.

The goal of investing is to find assets that are undervalued. Not to find assets that have increased a lot and hope it continues.

Acquisitions like this are not done fast. Perfectly normal.

Newcastle wasn't exactly quick, just wasn't obsessed over by us like this. Newcastle fans will probably tell us it took years.

City was quick as they already had a dodgy owner and it needed to be done quickly. City are second generation cheats after all.

The scale here is more than the entire value of every English club previously sold so it's difficult to directly compare.

This is a huge business transaction and it's normal for them to take 9 months or more to wrap it up.

They haven't even entered into the selling stage yet mate, that could take months alone we're still in the preliminary stage after 7 months

I know multi billion pound deals take months I accept that. At the current rate it will probably take years.

They haven't even entered into the selling stage yet mate, that could take months alone we're still in the preliminary stage after 7 months

I know multi billion pound deals take months I accept that. At the current rate it will probably take years.
The "selling stage". You mean the very last stage? :lol:

It's absolutely normal for a transaction of this length to take this long.

Imagine they'd hired an Aldi checkout operator instead of Raine. We'd have reached the selling stage on day 2.

The "selling stage". You mean the very last stage? :lol:

It's absolutely normal for a transaction of this length to take this long.

It’s the last stage for sure but it doesn’t mean it’s the quickest. The sale hasn’t even started at this point. They might not even sell it and we’re 7 months in this isn’t the norm at all

There are lots of ways the club could hypothetical afford to service a much bigger debt than it currently does.

Stadium naming rights or more likely selling future media rights fees, similar to what Barcelona did

All of which won't happen as Sir Jim n
just buys, borrows and invests for the lolz now of course

It’s the last stage for sure but it doesn’t mean it’s the quickest. The sale hasn’t even started at this point. They might not even sell it and we’re 7 months in this isn’t the norm at all

It sure is perfectly normal.

Of course it's the norm. Theyve weeded out many interests into the final 2 (whilst keeping a back up of minority interest on the table).

They were in final stages with one and it's been briefed that they're in a position to accelerate quickly once the preferred bidder is named.

This length of time is normal.

Of course it's the norm. Theyve weeded out many interests into the final 2 (whilst keeping a back up of minority interest on the table).

They were in final stages with one and it's been briefed that they're in a position to accelerate quickly once the preferred bidder is named.

This length of time is normal.

Ok lets see

Feels like they'll still be choosing a 'preferred bidder' for the next 12 months if they even decide to sell at all.

What are you comparing it to when you say the “norm”?

What are you comparing it to when you say the “norm”?

Microsoft agreed a deal for Blizzard in January and even with all the EU backlash they want the $66 Billion done by June

We haven't even chose a bidder in the same amount of time

It could take months even after a bidder is chosen to get everything in place. I don't expect the deal to be done in a few weeks but at our current rate it will be well over a year.

Microsoft agreed a deal for Blizzard in January and even with all the EU backlash they want the $66 Billion done by June

It could take months even after a bidder is chosen to get everything in place

Microsoft was the sole bidder though.

That was becuase of connection between its owner and Putin, the depth of that connection I dunno and the legality of that I’m still not sure about.

but it’s a massive difference between trying to put sanctions against an individual with links to a regime the government is politically opposed to just getting involved in a negotiation between companies over the sale of a business
Hence why we start up the rumour machine! I have it on good authority that Joel starts the day with a vodka and has been seen looking at Cossack hats

It could take months even after a bidder is chosen to get everything in place. I don't expect the deal to be done in a few weeks but at our current rate it will be well over a year.

Mergers and acquisitions can take from months to years to complete. It’s no good answer to how long it should take since it depends on complexity. It sure is a lot of steps to take before it’s complete, even mergers and acquisitions with fairly easy ownership structures and few or none legal issues.

That said, hopefully we will learn who is the preferred bidder soon.

Mergers and acquisitions can take from months to years to complete. It’s no good answer to how long it should take since it depends on complexity. It sure is a lot of steps to take before it’s complete, even mergers and acquisitions with fairly easy ownership structures and few or none legal issues.

That said, hopefully we will learn who is the preferred bidder soon.

I know it takes ages mate, I'm not denying that. My worry is it could take ages from the moment we actually choose a bidder and that doesn't seem to be anywhere near close at the moment even after 7 months. We keep seeing deadlines and bids come and go.

Meh guess im just tired of the whole thing.

Bank mergers or buyouts usually take at minimum 1 year to complete, even though they occupy the same legislation and market and know the sphere they are getting into.

The obligation itself might be announced in couple of months but the merger itself can take years.

Besides here the main problem is that you have multiple stakeholders. Imagine you want to build a house near the road and you have two options - the one is owned by one individual, the other by 6 heirs, each one of them with different opinions and the latter having multiple offers on the table. It's perfectly normal to drag along.

United is widely seen as a bad/risky investment and overvalued. The reasons are obvious. Loaded with debt, huge squad investment needed, competing with nation states, and an out of date infrastructure. One of the most famous sports teams in the world and we only have two bidders and one is a sportswasher, it says it all about the value here. Chelsea had 20+.

Here is what you wrote

The idea outside investors would look at billions of profit being made in 17 years and scratch their head in where our value lies in terms of investment is silly

This is basically like saying Bitcoin is a good investment because it's gone up a lot. The R/R calculation now is completely different to 10/15 years ago.

The goal of investing is to find assets that are undervalued. Not to find assets that have increased a lot and hope it continues.
Yes small number of bidders suggests the club might be a tad overvalued by the Glazers.

It’s difficult to say how much they overvalue it because there are two similar serious bids, structured differently, which is a fair indication of the market value. 20 further parties bidding, say £100m less would be wasting their time.

I know it takes ages mate, I'm not denying that. My worry is it could take ages from the moment we actually choose a bidder and that doesn't seem to be anywhere near close at the moment even after 7 months. We keep seeing deadlines and bids come and go.

Think we all are. Can you imagine if they are still not decided on a buyer by the start of next season, the atmosphere will be, shall we say, intersting.

Even if we somehow concede the point that an organisation that regularly makes net profits insufficient to cover our current borrowing could afford to soak up in full the interest incurred in borrowing a further £3.5bn, there still the issue of there's all of that expenditure and borrowing to cover before anyone is spending a penny on the stadium.

Will that be additional borrowing or is Ineos going to fund that and our debt new repayments out of their net £12m profit?

Still conflicted about Qatar vs INEOS
If Jimmy had promised to wipe off the debt it would have been a no brainer for me, but so far that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I can at least take solace in the fact that my opinion doesn’t matter, at the end of the day the Glazers choose who they choose. No matter the morality or the affect it has on the club.

I am too mate. It’s not ideal at all to go into pre season without knowing the next owner. We might hurt a lot in this transfer window if things don’t pick up pace soon.

Let’s hope something happens next week. Not holding my breath though.

Acquisitions like this are not done fast. Perfectly normal.

Interestingly, the Ottawa Senators have been for sale since early November and yesterday's news was that the sale wasn't going smoothly.

Even if we somehow concede the point that an organisation that regularly makes net profits insufficient to cover our current borrowing could afford to soak up in full the interest incurred in borrowing a further £3.5bn, there still the issue of there's all of that expenditure and borrowing to cover before anyone is spending a penny on the stadium.

Will that be additional borrowing or is Ineos going to fund that and our debt new repayments out of their net £12m profit?

they only make £12m??

9 months to completion maybe.

From the information publically available the glazers haven’t even begun the full financial due diligence process yet let alone the full legal due diligence, both of which are time consuming processes. It’s farcical, like everything they do.

Suggesting this isn’t yet another example of their selfish and incompetent behaviour is just plain stupid.

For the love of god stop giving the Glazers the benefit of doubt when they have proven time and time again what cretins they are.

Reckon the INEOS announcement is imminent now. The club just across the… city is achieving the highest peak possible in club football, while we are entering another dark age. Truly a tale of two halves. As if its written by someone. Such a shame. But in the end, it is what it is. Be good not to have the Glazers anymore at least. Oh wait...

Yeah if they want rioting on a new level

9 months to completion maybe.

From the information publically available the glazers haven’t even begun the full financial due diligence process yet let alone the full legal due diligence, both of which are time consuming processes. It’s farcical, like everything they do.

Suggesting this isn’t yet another example of their selfish and incompetent behaviour is just plain stupid.

For the love of god stop giving the Glazers the benefit of doubt when they have proven time and time again what cretins they are.
It will probably all fall through once the successful bidder gets the survey done on OT.:eek:

I do believe Qatar will prevail.

I do not want the Glazers associated with this club in anyway. I don't want their A shares to be associated with this club even if SJR buys all their B class shares.

Actually praying almost begging for it now

Sure but it's still a big and telling sample size, that of the almost 300 people who voted in both, 77% of the pro Greenwood people were also Qatar in.
We are all terrible, evil people. That must be an established fact by now so no need for anymore polls, graphs or pie charts to prove it. We are no doubt all going to burn for eternity in the fire pits of hell. In fact there is probably a little corner reserved just for us. Until then though we want that Qatari money and to get back on top of city and liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.