Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been more sure than tonight that I don't want soulless state owned success. We don't need it like they did. Just need to be allowed free reign to spend all of our own money and not be hamstrung by leeches.

Do you actually believe he didn't do anything wrong though? Don't call him a kid to try and justify his actions either. By law he's an adult, so if you want be so objective at least get your facts straight.

Some fans seem to rely on whether someone is convicted of a crime or not instead of having any actual morals and a sense of what is right or wrong.

Probably because we are humble enough to accept that, from our laptops, wherever they may be - we do not know the facts.

From a purely footballing project point of view, people see Sir Jim Glazer's significant negative impact on Nice and still feel he will do enough to catch Man City's brilliance. Your hatred and xenophobia are clouding your judgement.

City’s had enough joy for one season let’s not announce Jimbob and make their season even better

I've never been more sure than tonight that I don't want soulless state owned success. We don't need it like they did. Just need to be allowed free reign to spend all of our own money and not be hamstrung by leeches.
Was it the days-long breathless fawning coverage on all channels without nary a mention of state ownership, financial doping or charges in place of incessant praise and waxing lyrical over their matching of our greatest achievement?

Unfortuntately that isn't on the table.

The options are debt free Qatar ownership or more debt and a track record of incompetent interference with Ratcliffe.

If the Qataris did just that, I'd be fine with it. If it means that we can be run as a football club again and not a vehicle for every Tom, Dick, and Harry who wants to sponsor everything from the shirts to the toilet paper, that would be fine. Ratbag won't do that.

10 years ago maybe

Our own money can barely scrape past ffp these days the club is in the shit

? Poor us, only able to spend 200m last season instead of 300.
Apparently we should be able to spend a fortune on second rate players with absolutely no consequences. Spunk £70m+ on the likes of Maguire, Pogba and then just get to do it again. With a few decent sales this summer for players who aren't offering much, if anything, the club will have a ton to spend again with no worries.

Apparently we should be able to spend a fortune on second rate players with absolutely no consequences. Spunk £70m+ on the likes of Maguire, Pogba and then just get to do it again. With a few decent sales this summer for players who aren't offering much, if anything, the club will have a ton to spend again with no worries.
To be fair, a club of our size and income should be able to do this.

Probably because we are humble enough to accept that, from our laptops, wherever they may be - we do not know the facts.

There's being humble and then there's being wilfully ignorant. I don't claim to know all the facts, but there have been some claiming that because his alleged victim dropped the charges, is pregnant with his baby and is now engaged to him all of a sudden proves beyond doubt that he was innocent all along.

There are plenty of reasons she could have dropped the charges that have nothing to do with his innocence.

To be fair, a club of our size and income should be able to do this.
We generally have, we won a trophy and finished 3rd having spent a fortune again last summer and will have significant funds again. Any club not funded by a state would have to at least give consideration to FFP after so many bad purchases.

? Poor us, only able to spend 200m last season instead of 300.

It was reported last summer that we would struggle after spending those sums. Arnold himself said during the ‘pub ambush’ that this summer would be a struggle. Reports since have stated we need to sell to buy

Years of no CL football and over paying for players has caught up.

Last edited:
We generally have, we won a trophy and finished 3rd having spent a fortune again last summer and will have significant funds again. Any club not funded by a state would have to at least give consideration to FFP after so many bad purchases.
Yeah but not Man United. If I remember we spent over 1b on players but the same has gone out for debt repayments etc.
That’s the Glazer problem. We are so accustomed to them taking away the big advantage of being United that anything else is seen as kind of cheating.
It’s little things here and there that give it away. Telling people we only want Qatar because we want Mbappe. We are United, we should be in the running for Mbappe. He isn’t an alien, he has to play somewhere.
Madrid have spent over 200m on two midfielders over the last two seasons. I don’t see them being told to slow down, in fact they’re debating wether signing Kane would impact their move for Mbappe.

Yeah but not Man United. If I remember we spent over 1b on players but the same has gone out for debt repayments etc.
That’s the Glazer problem. We are so accustomed to them taking away the big advantage of being United that anything else is seen as kind of cheating.
It’s little things here and there that give it away. Telling people we only want Qatar because we want Mbappe. We are United, we should be in the running for Mbappe. He isn’t an alien, he has to play somewhere.
Madrid have spent over 200m on two midfielders over the last two seasons. I don’t see them being told to slow down, in fact they’re debating wether signing Kane would impact their move for Mbappe.
That's because they made a lot of money selling Ronaldo to Juventus and selling two players they were happy to move on to us. United would be in the same position to go out and spend if they did the same even with the likes of McTominay, Henderson and others who have no role. Mbappe also plays for a state owned club, what is the point you are making there?

Need Qatar to win this at all cost if we want to stand a chance. Please just pull this out already so that we focus on our summer.

Where do we rank in spending over this last 10 years?
That's an absurd argument.

Do you realize how much they have spent on the stadium, in the facilities, all the backroom staff, managers, etc.

All that matters too and are a mayor part of their success.

Incredible the way this is dragging on and dragging on. Undoubtedly already having a huge impact on our transfer plans. For that reason alone I want everyone of the Glazers gone.
Agreed keeping 2 now is beyond belief and anyone who would do that is instant red flag watching their conduct in the last 12 months especially !!!

The most alarming thing now is just how the fan base is so divided and new ownership is needed asap to heal the club from top to bottom.
If you're looking for people to unify the fanbase, this guy you've quoted is about as far away as possible from it.

Another person who cares about what our football club associates with and realizes there is more to life than just football? Who wants the thing we love to represent positive things in life?

That should be each and every single one of us.

Add Another one to the list!

There's being humble and then there's being wilfully ignorant. I don't claim to know all the facts, but there have been some claiming that because his alleged victim dropped the charges, is pregnant with his baby and is now engaged to him all of a sudden proves beyond doubt that he was innocent all along.

There are plenty of reasons she could have dropped the charges that have nothing to do with his innocence.
She didn't drop the charges, the CPS did that, in part because she refused to give evidence, they also said there was some new evidence and none of us know what that is, we can only assume that the new evidence was exculpatory in some way because the audio we have heard appears to be damning

At the end of the day none of us knows the full story and I for one am not going to condone of condemn someone on that basis

Status
Not open for further replies.