Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind next day, lets do next week because I decided to check.

881 people voted in the poll, where 46.1 % wanted Greenwood to return next season and 53.9 % said no. I cross checked with public polls on the takeover and comments in the biggest takeover threads. Where that failed to turn up anything I did a quick scan of their comment histories. Fans of opposition teams were also excluded. In total I managed to find enough information on 605 voters to put them in either the pro or anti Qatari takeover camp.

- Out of the 264 people against the Qatari takeover, 65 wants Greenwood back. 24.6 %.
- Out of the 341 people for the Qatari takeover, 214 wants Greenwood back. 62.8 %.

@bosnian_red, you were the one who originally suggested this might be the case. @Berbasbullet, you were curious about what I'd find.
Fair play great work there! Not shocked at the results.

What about United in the last decade suggests we've been following any sort of efficient recruitment plan?
:lol: :lol: :lol:. Well, technically we had. Manager (who is a manager, coach and scout in one person) gives his list to Dof and then our most amazing DoFs (Ed and his padawan John) try to do it. One by one player at time. Slowly....very slowly.

There it is. Another prejudice. So, by you, people who want Qatar over Sir Jim are sick bastards basically who don't think that all people are equal? I am pro Qatar (because i THINK that Sir Jim is not good for the club) but i am against seeing Greenwood ever in this club (despite the law says different.)
You just can't understand that world is not black and white. You watch Star Wars? You are like a Sith. Sith deal in absolutes :wenger: . And by that, you are an extremist. Just my opinion. That doesn't mean that i think that you are a bad person, mate.
Don’t waste your time with him mate, he thinks he is the moral superior to everyone, he thinks that his opinion is what’s morally correct, and he even suggested foreign fans shouldn’t support United but their local teams. As you said, an extremist.

Back on topic, the leeches approaching Nasser Al Khelaffi is a good sign of them wanting to sell to Qatar. Hopefully Sheikh Jassim’s final offer is acepted, we got what’s best for the club (avoiding the dangers that Sir Jim Glazerrepresent), and go on to have an spectacular transfer window.

881 people voted in the poll, where 46.1 % wanted Greenwood to return next season and 53.9 % said no. I cross checked with public polls on the takeover and comments in the biggest takeover threads. Where that failed to turn up anything I did a quick scan of their comment histories. Fans of opposition teams were also excluded. In total I managed to find enough information on 605 voters to put them in either the pro or anti Qatari takeover camp.

- Out of the 264 people against the Qatari takeover, 65 wants Greenwood back. 24.6 %.
- Out of the 341 people for the Qatari takeover, 214 wants Greenwood back. 62.8 %.

@bosnian_red, you were the one who originally suggested this might be the case. @Berbasbullet, you were curious about what I'd find.

That's sad.

Thank you for this data. It’s of course not conclusive but at least supports my personal hypothesis.

Yikes

feck, we turning this thread into a Greenwood discussion now? Come on lads.
It was the natural progression following Horse cum and religion. I mean 1600+ pages and we don’t really know feck all about the thread subject.

Something something about keeping morals out of football, escape from reality, etc

]
Didn't you want to stay away from this thread? Seems all you do is post in here. Can't be healthy. Let's all wait what comes out before we start shitting the bed

In the last six weeks I have about twenty posts in this thread I think. I’m barely ever in here and I only post really when I’m working.

I’m not in the top 25 posts in the thread and there’s many people with four times more posts.

Labelling a kid a rapist that has never even been charged for a crime says a lot about you as person.

All other opinions come into question following that display of emotion.

Please relax with that..it’s not true.

Yes I am behind the Qatar bid and no, I don’t think Greenwood should come back this season. A loan deal with a look at the landscape in a years time.

"A look at the landscape".
What the actual friggery?! :lol:

Labelling a kid a rapist that has never even been charged for a crime says a lot about you as person.

All other opinions come into question following that display of emotion.

Please relax with that..it’s not true.

Yes I am behind the Qatar bid and no, I don’t think Greenwood should come back this season. A loan deal with a look at the landscape in a years time.
Do you actually believe he didn't do anything wrong though? Don't call him a kid to try and justify his actions either. By law he's an adult, so if you want be so objective at least get your facts straight.

Some fans seem to rely on whether someone is convicted of a crime or not instead of having any actual morals and a sense of what is right or wrong.

Do you actually believe he didn't do anything wrong though?

Little bit of advice. You can’t argue with things like this with people because they don’t argue from a good place. They don’t believe what they say - obviously we’ve all heard the evidence, but rather they believe they can post the right amount of words that hides their true lack of morals.

The amount of disingenuous arguing on this thread is examples of that.

Oh. Look…

Another keyboard moral warrior….We have quite a few on this forum!
Another person who cares about what our football club associates with and realizes there is more to life than just football? Who wants the thing we love to represent positive things in life?

That should be each and every single one of us.

:lol:

Well in.

It’s not too late yet. It’s barely begun.

But IF ETH isn’t properly backed he should publicly threaten to walk - hopefully that’d add pressure to the leeches to feck off or back him properly.

If they haven't decided on a preferred bidder new owners won't be in place any time soon.

A month minimum. Probably closer to 3 before it's finalised

My take on it is If Ratboy had have kept his nerve and hadnt offered the parasites a way to be paid off, yet keep an hand in, I think there would have been a sale by now, who to is another thing. I imagine its 4 v 2 with the leeches on who to go with and thats why its taking so long.
I think it is very likely that Jimmy Rat can't or won't pony up the amount of money required for the full Glazer stake now. It is baffling why else he would offer these other structures which certainly put different valuations on the club, otherwise the Glazers would have little reason to stay on for 3 more years.

What are the latest reports on whether the Qatar bid is state backed.
Surely majority of United fans are against it if that is the case?

Most people don't care sadly. Any morals in football disappeared a long time ago.

The Qatar state buying MUFC would be the final, final nail in the coffin.

Would be great if someone from the club came out and made it clear that our transfer plans won't be impacted by the delay in this process. I know in theory it shouldn't be impacted, but I can't help but feel it is.

Hopefully we’ll announce a sale tomorrow just to knock the plastic treble off the top of the headlines.

Not going to happen, but I guarantee more people would give a shit.

Hopefully we’ll announce a sale tomorrow just to knock the plastic treble off the top of the headlines.

Not going to happen, but I guarantee more people would give a shit.
Holy shit how many more times are people going to post this in here

Do you actually believe he didn't do anything wrong though? Don't call him a kid to try and justify his actions either. By law he's an adult, so if you want be so objective at least get your facts straight.

Some fans seem to rely on whether someone is convicted of a crime or not instead of having any actual morals and a sense of what is right or wrong.

I don’t know. Which is why it’s foolish to judge.

I heard the clips. I judged him off that.

But what happens if they come out as a couple and say that privately their into rough sex, and they speak to each other that way on regular basis. Who am I to make a judgement on that….???

I’m old enough to have experienced life and to know context is everything.

Factually I know that the alleged victim didn’t want to press charges and is choosing to start a family with the guy.

I want to make it clear that I fully understand that people have an issue with him and I understand that victims can easily be trapped for years in abusive relationships.

With this case I don’t know, he is however a footballer and I say send him on loan and see how it pans out. That means time for fans to heal, if they can, they may not be able to.. which means he can never be accepted but time can change opinions.

Last edited:
Tonight confirms unanimously that the Glazers are a very bleak chapter in the history of Utd, running the club with the handbrake on for years and pretty much allowing our rivals to take full advantage, while City deserve credit for the way they have established a quality infrastructure, Utd courtesy of their owners have been reduced to a shadow of its former self, it just cannot carry on with this ownership model any longer, the football club has suffered enough and I hope for the sake of this great club that their time here is now done and coming to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.