Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we've got confirmed reports that:

1) Glazers & Raine have met with Nasser Al-Khelaif

&

2) Glazers also met with Qatar representatives about a fortnight ago in a London hotel

but yet the British media have been peddling a story that Qatar have been kept in the dark, sidelined in the process etc?

Sounds to me like they are front and centre in negotiations. this will be a done dealio with Qatar. Just a matter of how much for and when.

And their fans are not unhappy with what they are doing at Nice it seems according to the Athletic. So why are you unhappy about Nice then?

Erm the fans are fuming? the club captain even came out openly criticising the owners

So we've got confirmed reports that:

1) Glazers & Raine have met with Nasser Al-Khelaif

&

2) Glazers also met with Qatar representatives about a fortnight ago in a London hotel

but yet the British media have been peddling a story that Qatar have been kept in the dark, sidelined in the process etc?

Sounds to me like they are front and centre in negotiations. this will be a done dealio with Qatar. Just a matter of how much for and when.

Rainie Group didn’t meet nor contract NAK. It was the Glazers that reached out to him to try and get him to persuade SJ to increase his bid which he did but was still below SJR’s.

The deadline wasn't waived. Beginning from the first reports earlier this week it was said that after today Qatar would stop negotiating further, but the bid will still stand. Literally the first reports stated this.

Why do you think Ratcliffe hasn't upped his bid whilst Jassim has had to raise his one at least twice since April 28? Ratcliffe's also been in advanced negotiations with Raine and the Glazers since then.

This El-Khelaifi story likely happened weeks or months ago and even if Qatar finally got serious about the bidding, what's stopping Ratcliffe from upping his? What's stopping the Glazers from telling him and Ineos: up this or we're going with Qatar? You think Ineos will happily lose out on this now on some small difference?

All the Qatari stans milking themselves over potential new bids don't realize that Ineos and Ratcliffe can still go higher too...and it seems like Qatar are already pushing their own financial limits, whilst Ineos haven't shown signs of that.

You do know what an NDA is right ?

Originally people perceived SJR bid to be up to £6bn it wasn’t and he had made a £3bn bid for 51% that was later proven to be $3bn not £3bn, I think SJR was in the lead but right now things are much more closer probably at 50/50 based on other factors which you not I are privy to, this isn’t about who wins its just about removing the Glazers and asap without fans getting on their high horse to support either SJ or SJR for the last time I don’t care who wins just as long as The Glazers leave preferably all of them right now at once but if we have to keep 2 to start the process, I’ll take that too!

Strange Ornstein Go that exclusive but the info is a month old.
Well it is an exclusive whenever he puts it out, he may have got the information today that the meeting took place a month ago. Still doesn’t make it any less of an exclusive.

No one asked about your dating life. :angel:
Oh damn. That’s an embarrassingly bad spelling error :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah but a lamb burger just doesn't taste right. It's good. But not as good as beef. Surely goat's better than lamb?

Had a lamb burger at a restaurant once. It was very good. But there's something about a plain beef patty with American cheese that can't be beat. That's a burger and everything else is, in my mind, runner up. Though I do think plant based burgers have done an incredible job. I would rank them right below real good quality beef and above turkey, lamb chicken etc

Had a lamb burger at a restaurant once. It was very good. But there's something about a plain beef patty with American cheese that can't be beat. That's a burger and everything else is, in my mind, runner up. Though I do think plant based burgers have done an incredible job. I would rank them right below real good quality beef and above turkey, lamb chicken etc
You messed that up with American cheese!

I am weirdly enjoying the mystique of it all, I wonder how the winner will be announced. Personally, I’m hoping they’ve kept Sanchez’s piano to cut down on costs.

The dream scenario is a faceless figure is seen playing The Liquidator in B Minor, but after a swift word from a pissed up David May, this quickly merges into This Is The One albeit heavily out of key. Then, the camera focuses upon the piano player’s hands, that are weathered and tarnished with liver spots. We now have an inkling as to who it is.

A huge grin appears from the shadows and Jim’s full face slowly reveals from the smoke whilst Avram is playing McClair’s beard in the background like a harp. Bliss.

Now the Qataris have withdrawn from negotiations, the date this will all finally be over depends entirely on when Jim decides to do the same, forcing the Glazers to actually decide between the two final offers.

That's what Ornstein is alluding to and it's interesting to read that the Glazers are the one who initiated it.

it is interesting, but i feel like they have always wanted to sell to sell to Qatar due to the amount of doors it could open for them in the middle east. didn't the Glazers try to buy a cricket team in Qatar a few years ago? i always assumed they would sell to Qatar while also having some under the table agreements about future investments in the country.

Assuming it’s true that Sheikh Jassim will stop negotiating tonight and will then leave the offer on the table as “take it or leave it”…

How are the Glazers and Raine going to drag it out? They can’t continue an auction then

Glazers have probably preferred the full sale, cash up front all along. And now they've exhausted all the different ways, via Elliot and Jim etc, to give the only up front cash bidder reasons to bid against themselves.

They were devastated not to get in another heavy hitter from Saudi or Dubai or a Musk-type to create a proper bidding war.

Sounds like Jassim had his chance last month when the Glazers still seemed interested. Wonder who leaked this now, and why?

There's zero chance either Ratcliffe or Qatar would be daft enough to buy a majority of the club and not secure a controlling majority of the voting rights. That's the whole point of either of them buying the club.

There's zero chance either Ratcliffe or Qatar would be daft enough to buy a majority of the club and not secure a controlling majority of the voting rights. That's the whole point of either of them buying the club.

I agree, and I also think there is zero chance Glazers are waiting three years for an additional 3/4 of a billion. What’s the point?

it is interesting, but i feel like they have always wanted to sell to sell to Qatar due to the amount of doors it could open for them in the middle east. didn't the Glazers try to buy a cricket team in Qatar a few years ago? i always assumed they would sell to Qatar while also having some under the table agreements about future investments in the country.

They own a cricket team in Dubai already but rumours in the area is that they want to invest more in the sports.

the article was posted but ignored. This could be a problem for Jim.

This was retweeted by James Ducker. It seems the class A shareholders want to cash in as well and take advantage of the reported premium being offered on each share.

Glazers have probably preferred the full sale, cash up front all along. And now they've exhausted all the different ways, via Elliot and Jim etc, to give the only up front cash bidder reasons to bid against themselves.

They were devastated not to get in another heavy hitter from Saudi or Dubai or a Musk-type to create a proper bidding war.

Clearly and its also quite obviously the reason their asking price is yet to be met.
Negotiation poker going on

Status
Not open for further replies.