Club Friendlies - Aston Villa vs Man United on 12/09/2020

Actually pleasantly surprised with that first half. We were 1 down but there was some really good attacking football there, let down by a mixture of poor finishing, bad luck and good blocks/saves.

Preseason friendly and all but McTominay looks good. He needs to kick on again this season

If MUTV try and fob us off with some half time analysis bollocks here I'm turning it off.

Are they going to make us wait 15mins for the second half to start? :rolleyes:

Villa are a terrible side. We should be winning this to be fair. Quite worried about all the chances we miss lately since the restart of the Europa League

Will he ever use him there? Not a chance we have Bruno, Pogba and Van de Beek who can all play that position. So why not play a youngster there? Just think it’s a bit silly to do that personally.
We don't have any youngsters available, they played the other day against Salford!

Is it confirmed it ended 1-0?
Tbf even if we did the result isn’t important at this stage - we should be 3/4 goals up and that’s what we’re looking for at this point. at least we aren’t getting battered by villa

Why is the second half not reported anywhere?
I read the clubs weren’t allowed to share outcome of the match. Someone leaked first half score apparently. Everyone assumed match finished like that. No idea till this finishes.

I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with Graeme Souness but I’m beginning to think he has a point about Grealish. He does seem to hold on to the ball longer than he should.

This is a first team villa also btw. I expected worse!

It seems we are more confident with Henderson between the sticks... he seems ro have a better air of authority.

His runs are what he seems to be known for. Lingard, maybe not as good as VDB, makes good moves too and our issue was we never found him, hopefully he have improved enough that we find VDB (and that his finishing is better than lingards which can't be too hard, was such a major hole in his game his whole career)
To be fair we've seen as much awful as great finishes from JLingz, just that tey're only a handful in as many professional years

Love that, first thing Mengi does is dump Watkins to the floor and run off with the ball :lol:

This is a meaningless friendly, but United playing top class football but failing to score is becoming a trend.

Ighalo isn't truly good enough and he is only here until Christmas anyway. Striker wont be addressed this widow so we could end up short upfront this season.

Hopefully Rashford returns to top form, that would do a lot to solve this problem.