Clive Tydesley replaced as main ITV commentator

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Better get used to it because the future is Matterface, Dixon, That lanky woman, Gobby Carney and the Diane Abbott of punditry Aluko

I miss the days of Bob Wilson, Big Ron and Brian Moore
What the hell is wrong with you?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Sam Twatterface and Lee Dixon are up there with the worst commentary pairing ever. Actually found myself mimicking Lee Dixon like an immature little school boy his quips were that pathetic, and i just wish Matterface wasn't so fecking obsessed with ruining every key moment with over-reactive hyperbole and metaphors. They're insufferable.

Wilt

The commentary prize for quoting the obvious goes to….

Hope he takes McCoist with him

Doracle

Dixon suggesting that we were saving subs for extra time when losing with 5mins to go was the clear highlight.
I don’t get how people don’t understand this was sarcasm/irony. He was fuming about how slow Southgate was to change things.

Robertd0803

Sam Twatterface and Lee Dixon are up there with the worst commentary pairing ever. Actually found myself mimicking Lee Dixon like an immature little school boy his quips were that pathetic, and i just wish Matterface wasn't so fecking obsessed with ruining every key moment with over-reactive hyperbole and metaphors. They're insufferable.
They literally have zero chemistry together, quite often Dixon would flat out disagree or shit all over a comment Matterface had just made and be very snarky in response to him. (Could be just because they were watching England about to go out but if you cant be neutral dont do commentary).

El Zoido

Sam Twatterface is fecking appalling. Worse commentator I’ve ever heard, I’ve started watching on mute.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I had to go out for twenty minutes during the match yesterday so was listening to Five Live on the radio. I think it was John Murray, with Joe Hart and someone else as pundit. It was a real breath of fresh air compared to Matterface and Dixon and a much fairer assessment of the game. They actually gave some well deserved credit to Slovakia, but correctly identified that they were tiring and the pressure was building, which it was. England had a goal disallowed, hit the post, and were starting to dominate. Clearly England didn't play well or click but they were also not as dreadful as the tv lot were presenting. There seems to be an underlying thought that England are an amazing team, despite really not having played well for ages, and they also seem to think the lower nations will just roll over, when it is one of the biggest games in their history.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They literally have zero chemistry together, quite often Dixon would flat out disagree or shit all over a comment Matterface had just made and be very snarky in response to him. (Could be just because they were watching England about to go out but if you cant be neutral dont do commentary).
How Dixon ever got a co comms gig I'll never know. Top of the "clearly doesn't want to be there" list post early Lawro.

Joel Miller

Punting him when your main commentator is Sam Matterface just makes no sense to me. Tyldsley is at least very professional, Matterface is more interested in trying to be a comedian, which he isn’t very good at either.