City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Did they get ATPs completely changed?

Did the PL have to admit that City can make up sponsorship figures out of mid air and everyone just accept them?

Did the hearing outcome change ONE of the 115 charges, which are still to come?

No…. They got an accounting tweak and can sue the PL for some damages. PL can comfortably afford them and City owners aren’t bothered as it’d be peanuts to them… just p!ss off 15 of the other 19 clubs.
They don't need to get ATP changed, just previously unenforceable. They have given themselves a future argument against some ATP breaches, that's the point.

PL wouldn't admit it whatever happens.

The 115 charges are separate.

They don't need to get ATP changed, just previously unenforceable. They have given themselves a future argument against some ATP breaches, that's the point.

PL wouldn't admit it whatever happens.

The 115 charges are separate.
Did they? Go on then, explain what they got. What changed yesterday that helps City’s case in any way shape or form? Now or future? Which bit of the two claims won and/or the ruling document changes anything in City’s favour?

Quote it, screen shot it, link a reputable journalist who says that. Anyone.

Said this would happen from day one of them owning City. They were going to completely monopolies the whole game so that they dominate completely on every level. To challenge the league and take them on is basically a gigantic two fingered salute to the 115 charges ahead of them.

Sad thing is the City fans are either totally deluded and believe it's just an agenda against them or happy to bend the rules and cheat to keep winning. Just feels so soulless and unsporting. It's basically the equivalent of doping in individual sport isn't it and challenging it to be able to continue to dope without consequences.

It's going to destroy football. The game is no longer just about how your team fares on the field and the fans joy. Its about business men and court rooms and sportswashing.

What confuses me is why the for us still?

Surely an educated fan can now look back and acknowledge what we built as a club and the management of Sir Alex. We really aren't the enemy of the game and we never have been. The Arabs are destroying all sports, they've destabilised the golf and taken it off the PGA, the boxing is now controlled by them, formula one never seems to be away from there. They are even talking about taking the snooker away from Sheffield!!

I'm just sick of it.

Did they? Go on then, explain what they got. What changed yesterday that helps City’s case in any way shape or form? Now or future? Which bit of the two claims won and/or the ruling document changes anything in City’s favour?

Quote it, screen shot it, link a reputable journalist who says that. Anyone.
I don't need to do that, that's literally what City has been saying the whole time. They don't need to be right, they just need an argument. As they have said, if you bothered to read, is that because of the ruling they are claiming ATP is unenforceable.

I don't need to do that, that's literally what City has been saying the whole time. They don't need to be right, they just need an argument. As they have said, if you bothered to read, is that because of the ruling they are claiming ATP is unenforceable.

AS far as I can see from reading the documentation the only things City won on was a minor technicality around shere holder loans, and a ruling that the rules used to block 2 of their potential sponsorships was unlawful as City wernt allowed to view the data the FA used to determine market value for those sponsorships and provide a response to it before the FA made its decision on whether to block them, therefore there is nothing to say APT as a whole is unlawful or unenforceble but there are some parts of it that need to be tweeked or adjusted.

Last edited:
Said this would happen from day one of them owning City. They were going to completely monopolies the whole game so that they dominate completely on every level. To challenge the league and take them on is basically a gigantic two fingered salute to the 115 charges ahead of them.

Sad thing is the City fans are either totally deluded and believe it's just an agenda against them or happy to bend the rules and cheat to keep winning. Just feels so soulless and unsporting. It's basically the equivalent of doping in individual sport isn't it and challenging it to be able to continue to dope without consequences.

It's going to destroy football. The game is no longer just about how your team fares on the field and the fans joy. Its about business men and court rooms and sportswashing.

What confuses me is why the for us still?

Surely an educated fan can now look back and acknowledge what we built as a club and the management of Sir Alex. We really aren't the enemy of the game and we never have been. The Arabs are destroying all sports, they've destabilised the golf and taken it off the PGA, the boxing is now controlled by them, formula one never seems to be away from there. They are even talking about taking the snooker away from Sheffield!!

I'm just sick of it.
City fans will say any bullshit to justify and ignore what's going on.

However let's not pretend that what happens on the pitch has ever been the only thing that matters, financial muscle has always been a huge advantage.

AS far as I can see from reading the documentation the only things City won on was a minor technicality around shere holder loans and a ruling that the rules used to block 2 of their potential sponsorships was unlawful as City wernt allowed to view the data the FA used tp determine market value for those sponsorships and provide a response to it before the FA made its decision on whether to block them therefore there is nothing to say APT as a whole is unlawful or unenforceble but there are some parts of it that need to be tweeked or adjusted.
You are right (btw please dear God use punctuation), but that doesn't mean it's not a possible way to discredit further or waste time.

City are the footballing equivalent of Cersei Lannister. Universally despised except by their incestuous fans, willing to stay at the top at any cost - even if it means taking down the whole of the league with them. Their owner is The Mountain in zombie mode.

I wonder if there are any City fans that have any shame about what their owners are trying to do here.

Nope the ones I know generally feel like they’re being picked on. City are the victims in all of this according to my city fan mates you can’t make it up.

I’ve kept pretty quiet but I’ve got a lot of built up anger I can’t wait to unleash if these feckers get shafted which I’m praying they do.

City are now taking a scorched earth approach to the premier league which is even more reason to expel them and never allow other countries to dictate our football

How can they sue for damages? It seems far fetched to me.

They can sue for money they would have gotten through cheating? That would be rich.

If they sue, it would likely be for lost income because the PL illegally held up two deals that in the end even passed with the old rules of City having to prove fair market value.

If they sue, it would likely be for lost income because the PL illegally held up two deals that in the end even passed with the old rules of City having to prove fair market value.

They decisions to block the 2 sponsership were set aside by the court because the court felt that City should have been given a chance to view the data the Premier League were using to determine market value and issue a response to it before the Premier League made the decision to block them, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that the 2 sponsorships would have been allowed to go through if City had have been allowed to view and respond to the data the premier league used to determine market value.

They decisions to block the 2 sponsership were set aside by the court because the court felt that City should have been given a chance to view the data the Premier League were using to determine market value and issue a response to it before the Premier League made the decision to block them, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that the 2 sponsorships would have been allowed to go through if City had have been allowed to view and respond to the data the premier league used to determine market value.
Many people have said exactly this (I’m too lazy)
If these are actually the facts of the case is completely meaningless in the context of the other charges.
Nothing to see here apart from some PR bluster from the losing team.
Steady as she goes!

To think before social media the only place you would get football news was Sky Sports or the papers. The state of journalism now.

It’s so obvious what is happening with the media. Imagine the stories plastered everywhere if United were in court. It’s clearly being covered up by City and they’re silencing people. Their owners have never been told no and this is what happens.

I’ve been a mad football fans for years but all this stuff with City and Chelsea has really put me off. You can throw Newcastle in there as well but they’ve been sticking to the rules so far. That will change if City have their way.

This will be the beginning of the Super League.

I remember reading news and rumours on teletext / ceefax. Thanks for reminding me I'm old.

Samuels son works for City (gets leaks from him) and Lawson/guy at the Mail have had ….. “accusations” thrown at them for some time.

I don’t care about your average online City fan moron… but so called journalists is pathetic.
I saw lots of commenters saying that about Samuel and I'm amazed he never mentioned it. It clearly affects his "journalism".

Surely there can't be any way for city to return to the status quo after this? Like let's say for whatever reason the PL case comes to nothing, I can't see how the rest of the league go back to being business as usual after all of this has happened. There probably will be a fracture of some sort by the other teams if this is the case.

City are the footballing equivalent of Cersei Lannister. Universally despised except by their incestuous fans, willing to stay at the top at any cost - even if it means taking down the whole of the league with them. Their owner is The Mountain in zombie mode.
There will come a time when we can all throw poo at them

Surely there can't be any way for city to return to the status quo after this? Like let's say for whatever reason the PL case comes to nothing, I can't see how the rest of the league go back to being business as usual after all of this has happened. There probably will be a fracture of some sort by the other teams if this is the case.
Other clubs such as Forest and Everton aren't just going to idly stand by and watch them wriggle their way out of it when they've both been on the receiving end of points deductions.

If the governing body can't do anything about it for whatever reason then the other clubs will, such as threaten to walk away and join the Super League.

Other clubs such as Forest and Everton aren't just going to idly stand by and watch them wriggle their way out of it when they've both been on the receiving end of points deductions.

If the governing body can't do anything about it for whatever reason then the other clubs will, such as threaten to walk away and join the Super League.

Not sure why people think the Super League is a viable option. The Premier League is one of Englands most important products. Any attempts to feck with it is going to be hit on the head with a big fecking hammer by the government. It’s a pipe dream, you’d essentially need the majority of the clubs to band together and launch a massive protest over how things are being handled.

The Everton that's recently given evidence for Man City in the latest trial?

The Everton that's recently given evidence for Man City in the latest trial?
No idea why they did that to be honest. It was either them or Forest, but I distinctly remember one of them saying they'd be monitoring the situation with charges that other clubs are facing very carefully.
Not sure why people think the Super League is a viable option. The Premier League is one of Englands most important products. Any attempts to feck with it is going to be hit on the head with a big fecking hammer by the government. It’s a pipe dream, you’d essentially need the majority of the clubs to band together and launch a massive protest over how things are being handled.
If the League really is one of England's most important products, then the League shouldn't be allowing middle eastern countries to bully them and do as they please at the expense of everyone else.

If City aren't dealt with accordingly and just keep winning everything in sight for the foreseeable future, I can see other clubs getting seriously pissed off and banding together to force something to happen.

No idea why they did that to be honest. It was either them or Forest, but I distinctly remember one of them saying they'd be monitoring the situation with charges that other clubs are facing very carefully.

If the League really is one of England's most important products, then the League shouldn't be allowing middle eastern countries to bully them and do as they please at the expense of everyone else.

If City aren't dealt with accordingly and just keep winning everything in sight for the foreseeable future, I can see other clubs getting seriously pissed off and banding together to force something to happen.

I think they'd be as likely to look with the perspective of attacking the Premier League over their own points deduction rather than attacking them on failure to punish Man City. Basically helping Man City to try and undermine the full decision making process.

For the higher ups, it’s a question of popularity and money generated.

Maybe because they want the rules relaxed (so side with/testify for City) but also want other clubs (which includes City) to be dealt with in a similar fashion for rule breaches.

“We don’t want the rules and side with our mates but if our mates break the rules, we want them smacked… because we were”.

With friends like that…. ?

Maybe because they want the rules relaxed (so side with/testify for City) but also want other clubs (which includes City) to be dealt with in a similar fashion for rule breaches.

“We don’t want the rules and side with our mates but if our mates break the rules, we want them smacked… because we were”.

With friends like that…. ?

Self interest, i suppose. With a new owner coming in i can easily imagine that they’d prefer a bit of leeway in terms of future investments.

The PL itself is a breakaway league. If there is enough money and clubs in an alternative then it can happen. As I've said previously, either way the 115 case goes I do not believe that things will just go back to business as usual unless the city owners are forced into a sale of the club.

Government could get involved but currently they look weak as piss. My money would be on City getting found guilty and relegated/expelled which leaves you with a despotic state not known for their magnanimity holding a vendetta against the league. I could definitely see a super league scenario where Qatar set up a rival organisation, invite the cash strapped Italian and Spanish clubs and whoever else would be interested (more than you'd think with guaranteed games against the biggest names and no relegation.)

The PL itself is a breakaway league. If there is enough money and clubs in an alternative then it can happen. As I've said previously, either way the 115 case goes I do not believe that things will just go back to business as usual unless the city owners are forced into a sale of the club.

Government could get involved but currently they look weak as piss. My money would be on City getting found guilty and relegated/expelled which leaves you with a despotic state not known for their magnanimity holding a vendetta against the league. I could definitely see a super league scenario where Qatar set up a rival organisation, invite the cash strapped Italian and Spanish clubs and whoever else would be interested (more than you'd think with guaranteed games against the biggest names and no relegation.)

How the PL was formed over 30 years ago is fairly irrelevant to the situation right now. The last attempt at a Super League had UEFA, FIFA, The PL and the UK gov up in arms, any outcome of the situation with Manchester City isn’t going to pave way for a new league

How the PL was formed over 30 years ago is fairly irrelevant to the situation right now. The last attempt at a Super League had UEFA, FIFA, The PL and the UK gov up in arms, any outcome of the situation with Manchester City isn’t going to pave way for a new league
I hope you're right.

Without the English and German clubs they're always going to struggle. Sure the like of Barca, Juve and Madrid will gobble down whatever is put in front of them if they is enough money in it, but a SL will need more than that, as shown previously when the last attempt happened. In addition, the UAE isn't even the biggest player when it comes to finance to fund such a thing, that is Saudi (by a large margin) and they're already involved with the PL.