City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Honest question? Didnt Liverpool deserve them? I feel sorry for Liverpool fans, they have witnessed 90+ PTS seasons that ended in nothing. I dont like Liverpool but...
I agree. At some point you need to acknowledge proper sporting achievement and be the bigger man.
They're a real football club and I respect them for that.
They deserve those titles where they faced up against the biggest cheats in world football and so do we and arsenal.

Surely it needs to be made void on the basis that every other position in the league is affected if they hand the titles over to second place?

Surely it needs to be made void on the basis that every other position in the league is affected if they hand the titles over to second place?
I like this rabbit hole.
It means lost earnings for those relegated by one place or those who missed CL football, or even stopped progression in the League or FA cup.

What's happened over the last 10 pages? The usual "they should be expelled from the league" "they'll get away with it" posts. Or something tangible worth reading?
I actually did the job to read the last 10 pages for you and everyone.

yes, 99% of it is posts like that with nothing new. Only thing happening is mentioning City’s lawyers and who they’re up against + that it’s not the FA who decides the penalty but an independent trio of 3 guys that the head of the FA juridical team has appointed. You’re better off reading an actual article with facts about it all.

Something like that. Most stupid thing I found during my reading for 30 minutes was that the likes of super(expensive)lawyers like City’s Lord Pannick is called Super Silk lawyers. An exclusive breed that are allowed to wear a special silk robe in court (I am not shitting you). This super silk show that Lord Pannick is allowed to be called/wear was even decided by the Queen.

Also Lord Pannick earns more pr day than Kevin de Bruyne.

I actually did the job to read the last 10 pages for you and everyone.

yes, 99% of it is posts like that with nothing new. Only thing happening is mentioning City’s lawyers and who they’re up against + that it’s not the FA who decides the penalty but an independent trio of 3 guys that the head of the FA juridical team has appointed. You’re better off reading an actual article with facts about it all.

Something like that. Most stupid thing I found during my reading for 30 minutes was that the likes of super(expensive)lawyers like City’s Lord Pannick is called Super Silk lawyers. An exclusive breed that are allowed to wear a special silk robe in court (I am not shitting you). This super silk show that Lord Pannick is allowed to be called/wear was even decided by the Queen.

Also Lord Pannick earns more pr day than Kevin de Bruyne.

Thanks for taking the time to read through, but don't you mean PL, not FA? It's not an FA matter.

Well if they are found guilty and expelled from the Premier League they would not be able to apply to join another league in time to take part next season so would have to have no league football for a year and as a result would also not be elligible for the League Cup, FA Cup, or European competitions next season either.

Considering the geopolitical implications, it’s actually quite a big deal that the Telegraph is running that headline.

Titles should be stripped, but not given to anyone for those seasons.

Despite the fact United would've won an extra league!

That depends on which seasons it is applied to though as if it is only seasons from 2008 to 2018 then we would get 2 and Liverpool would get 1 but if its all seasons from 2008 to 2024 then we would get 3 and Liverpool would get 3.

I think they absolutely have to be stripped otherwise no matter the future punishment they'd have effectively gotten away with it during those seasons

I wouldn't award them to other teams though - declare the season void , memorialising their actions for future generations

That's the dream scenario but no way it happens

I wouldn't want their titles stripped from them to be honest because Liverpool would be handed three. I'm petty like that.
You don't have to hand out titles to 2nd place after stripping them. It should just be a blank in the history books. Which is unfortunate but the right thing to do.

Just wishful thinking. The UAE is going to be putting massive political pressure on the British government to avoid that. And considering the volatile situation in the Middle East, the West wants happy Gulf states to help them out.
This is exactly the reason why I'm against state ownership in football clubs

Just wishful thinking. The UAE is going to be putting massive political pressure on the British government to avoid that. And considering the volatile situation in the Middle East, the West wants happy Gulf states to help them out.
This is exactly the reason why I'm against state ownership in football clubs
If there was a point for them to put pressure on the PL not to pursue it then now isn't that time.

If that was going to happen it would have been buried at the beginning.

I honestly feel they will get off on a technicality, much like the UEFA charges that went past the time period for prosucution if I remember right.

I also have a feeling that IF they are guilty , retrospective points deductions on each season will see them get points deduction up to 1 less point than they won the league by so they will still win the titles by 1 point.

The fact the UK gov also admitted talking to UAE over this should have seen City thrown out for political interference.

I honestly feel they will get off on a technicality, much like the UEFA charges that went past the time period for prosucution if I remember right.

I also have a feeling that IF they are guilty , retrospective points deductions on each season will see them get points deduction up to 1 less point than they won the league by so they will still win the titles by 1 point.

The fact the UK gov also admitted talking to UAE over this should have seen City thrown out for political interference.

What about the season they won it on goal difference?

The technicality was the time barring for the UEFA case. The Premier League doesn't have that problem.

We all know City cheated, it's just whether the League has the stomach to make the right decision.

The second when Everton received a points deduction is when the whole dynamic of this case changed in my opinion.

There is 130 independent charges. They’re not going to get off on a technicality on every single one of those charges.

There is 130 independent charges. They’re not going to get off on a technicality on every single one of those charges.
They are guilty of the 'failure to comply' ones at the very minimum. There will be a points deduction for those alone.

The Athletic having it both ways (pretend) by jokingly predicating the destination of their stars to other clubs/leagues. Poor old hacks. It must be tough work, keeping the petro dollar flowing while keeping the clicks from the vast majority of fans of real clubs.

Did we get any of them?

At minimum it’s a points deduction surely there’s too many charges to get every single one dismissed. The failure to comply is an instant feck up before the other charges are even looked at.

The trial is expected to last 10 weeks, which will take us to late November.

The verdict is expected "early 2025".
Ah. Going to be a fairly lengthy report I guess. But tbh, you’d expect a barrage of challenges through various means from city if it’s anything other than a fine, so any action is probably going to come much later than that too.

:lol:

This is probably the most unique doomposting line I've seen in this thread. Also they won their first title beating us on goal difference, so how do they manipulate that one so that city still win it? Do they just bring the goal difference down to one more than ours? :lol: