City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Yeah it would be great would mean their next 10 PL seasons would result in relegation regardless of how they performed. So 20 years of yo-yoing between the Premier League and the Championship.

And to be honest I don't think anyone could say they wouldn't deserve it for the shit they've pulled since 2008.

It'll never happen though.
Never say never

Fair enough you are right there. I know City haven't been charged with 115 breaches of PSR that post was poorly worded on my part.
Being pedantic, City haven't been charged with any breaches of PSR, the timeframe the charges cover a relate to before PSR existed, FFP rules wre different in quite a few aspects of the current rules of recent years

The Athletic podcast was interesting. Sam Lee and another guy suggesting they think Pep will stay out of ‘defiance’ if they are relegated :lol:

I think he's in it up to his neck. I'm convinced the main reason he hasn't left them because they have him by the balls.

I think he's in it up to his neck. I'm convinced the main reason he hasn't left them because they have him by the balls.
What was annoying about the podcast was them discussing City getting relegated and that quickly turned into them loving the idea of them smashing the championship with Pep at the helm. Feck off.

I’ve been a bit bemused by the media narrative I’ve heard on a few podcasts that punishing City is a worse look for the PL than letting them get away with it.

Will the media suddenly all as one stop the bollocks of sucking up to them relentlessly if they’re actually done for their cheating?

I’ve been a bit bemused by the media narrative I’ve heard on a few podcasts that punishing City is a worse look for the PL than letting them get away with it.

Will the media suddenly all as one stop the bollocks of sucking up to them relentlessly if they’re actually done for their cheating?
Nope. Undoubtedly they will revel in there inevitable rise back up the league/table.

He’s the type that would grass everyone up in return for immunity. Doing that thing he always does where he rolls a bit of spit on his tongue as he sings like a canary. Horrible bastard.

I think League One and League Two have it as well, it's just a bit less strict and is mainly related to salary.

If there were no regulations there'd be no reason for the Saudis to have bought Newcastle ahead of one of the bigger Football League clubs.

Buy a club like Cardiff, Derby or Middlesbrough, with a 30,000+ capacity stadium, pump half a billion into the squad without fear of breaching any rules, and you're not just set for promotion, but immediate establishment near the top of the Premier League once there.
There's something called "football fortune" in the lower leagues. i.e. The owners can bone in with a tonnewad of cash.

So you can machine gun your way through the lower leagues, but have a massive problem if you hit the championship and you don't have the fanbase.

Fair enough you are right there. I know City haven't been charged with 115 breaches of PSR that post was poorly worded on my part.

While Everton's punishment was for missing the 3 year rule on losses, they didn't try and fiddle any books, or invent / hype up deals, sponsor themselves etc.
If / when any of that stuff is proven the punishment should be way higher.

So while a huge percentage of charges are the delaying / refusal etc to give records, the other charges are massively more serious.

It'd be like someone robbing a bank, but then refusing to admit who was with them, using injunctions / lawyer trickery to delay proceedings. Annoying and punishable, but nothing compared to the actual main crime.

There's something called "football fortune" in the lower leagues. i.e. The owners can bone in with a tonnewad of cash.

So you can machine gun your way through the lower leagues, but have a massive problem if you hit the championship and you don't have the fanbase.

This is probably the thing I had in mind, because I remember it being brought up RE: Wrexham.

While Everton's punishment was for missing the 3 year rule on losses, they didn't try and fiddle any books, or invent / hype up deals, sponsor themselves etc.
If / when any of that stuff is proven the punishment should be way higher.

So while a huge percentage of charges are the delaying / refusal etc to give records, the other charges are massively more serious.

It'd be like someone robbing a bank, but then refusing to admit who was with them, using injunctions / lawyer trickery to delay proceedings. Annoying and punishable, but nothing compared to the actual main crime.

Yep it definitely should be.

talking a doing are two separate things, it's on the PL to prove that they followed through with the emails, UEFA couldn't prove this and I believe CAS said there was no evidence they followed through with this, I put something forward to my bosses a few months ago on some IT Licencing, basically we've just paid a years licence up front for 2000 users and I want to roll this product out to another 7000 users and if I onboard them now just pay the extra at the next licencing renewal and save the budget for something else, went around the houses on an email trail then we asked our Legal department and they said no fecking way are you doing that.
Time barred does not equate to not proved.

Baa baa City sheep, bleating the same old, incorrect rubbish

I think you've misinterpreted my point mate. I said Everton got 10 points for one breach of PSR rules. While I've no idea if Everton broke the same rule as one of City's charges, that wasn't the point.

I was replying to a post that suggested City might only get a 5-6 point deduction. So all I was saying was if the PL punished Everton with a 10 point deduction for one charge it's highly unlikely City are getting away with a 5 point deduction for 115 charges.

I never said City will be getting a 1,115 point deduction.
I think we’re both talking past each other!!

My example wasn’t to be taken literally. Maybe there’s areas of grey in both our posts, the joys of ‘discussing’ in writing!

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Have a good one

Despite the unprecedented success I still wouldn't consider City one of the 'Big 6' clubs of English football. They barely fill their borrowed stadium most weeks

United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Chelsea are all bigger. There's at least 2 more bigger clubs in Britain as well if you add the Glasgow clubs

Despite the unprecedented success I still wouldn't consider City one of the 'Big 6' clubs of English football. They barely fill their borrowed stadium most weeks

United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Chelsea are all bigger. There's at least 2 more bigger clubs in Britain as well if you add the Glasgow clubs

It is full every week for league matches.

Chelsea? Newcastle maybe, not Chelsea

It is full every week for league matches.
What's full every week for league matches? The shit they're full of by lying about the finances? Cause it ain't the stadium... I can't think of how many times people have made of fun of their fans for not filling up the stadium, with screenshots and clips.

I wouldn't want their titles stripped from them to be honest because Liverpool would be handed three. I'm petty like that.

What's full every week for league matches? The shit they're full of by lying about the finances? Cause it ain't the stadium... I can't think of how many times people have made of fun of their fans for not filling up the stadium, with screenshots and clips.

Sure, and they're eating the dogs. They're eating the cats. They're eating the pets of the people who live there.

I wouldn't want their titles stripped from them to be honest because Liverpool would be handed three. I'm petty like that.

I think they absolutely have to be stripped otherwise no matter the future punishment they'd have effectively gotten away with it during those seasons

I wouldn't award them to other teams though - declare the season void , memorialising their actions for future generations

Sure, and they're eating the dogs. They're eating the cats. They're eating the pets of the people who live there.
Que? No habla EspaNonsense...

Edit: I don't know if you agree with me or if you misunderstood me or what tbh.

David Bernstein just now on TalkSport described City’s rise as ‘the greatest recovery story in English football history’
There’s a lot of journos revealing themselves as definitely on the City group payroll at the moment. Shameless stuff

What happens to the Commonwealth Stadium when they are all over?

Any plans been put forward? KFC? Parking? UKs biggest SafeStore?

The Athletic having it both ways (pretend) by jokingly predicating the destination of their stars to other clubs/leagues. Poor old hacks. It must be tough work, keeping the petro dollar flowing while keeping the clicks from the vast majority of fans of real clubs.

What happens to the Commonwealth Stadium when they are all over?

Any plans been put forward? KFC? Parking? UKs biggest SafeStore?

We've apparently decided it's going to be too expensive to downsize Old Trafford for the women's and academy teams, so maybe we can just make the seats red there.

The PL needs city as crappy as that is

Why would the PL need City?

As long as Pep is there, and they keep their sporting project up to its existing level, they have a good chance of winning at least 3 or 4 league titles in the next 5 seasons, with an outside shot at winning 5/5 too. The only thing to disrupt that would be their inability to replace the likes of Haaland, KDB, Rodri, and Gvardiol, and if they stop attaining elite level talents like them. So multiple summers like 2023 when Rice and Bellingham both snubbed them.

However, if they're gone, suddenly the chances of United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, and even Chelsea, Villa and Newcastle winning the title in the next 5 years would skyrocket. It would be much more exciting at the top, because no matter who the top dog is, they'd be within reaching distance for at least 2-3 teams, and City aren't a historic team that would be sorely missed like a United, Arsenal, or Liverpool would be.

Last edited:
Didn't he publicly say he would leave if they were found guilty of any offences when the story first dropped? Seems to have changed his tune a little now.

I'd say that Everton had a much richer history than City until the Abu Dhabi purchase too.