Christopher Vivell | Appointed director of recruitment on short term deal

On reflection, .yes you're all right, and I definitely don't want to venture to any other forums to see fo rmyself!

I guess my frustration at the lack of progress on the actual pitch boiled over - it's totally right that we need to focus on the refresh of the business side. For me, having seen Ineos at Nice, and also following Brailsford in cycling, I am very jaded by the lot of them.

On reflection, .yes you're all right, and I definitely don't want to venture to any other forums to see fo rmyself!

I guess my frustration at the lack of progress on the actual pitch boiled over - it's totally right that we need to focus on the refresh of the business side. For me, having seen Ineos at Nice, and also following Brailsford in cycling, I am very jaded by the lot of them.
The thing, though, is that success or failure are cooked in the boardroom before they manifest on the pitch. Blinders and blunders are made in the Executive Suite first, imagine 40 years ago there was a guy who identified Sir Alex and was probably the same guy who decided to back him when he was under the kosh. Sir Alex, deservedly, takes the glory but without that guy he'd be a legend elsewhere or just another bitter pundit.