39.png

Height: 182cm
Position: Midfield - Central Midfield
Squad Number: 14
Foot: Right
Player Agent: The Talents Sportsmanagement
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2025
Outfitter: Nike​

Showed at the Euros that he still useful.
I would keep him for the final year of his Contract.
International football has nothing to do with what he'll be expected to do deliver in the PL. If we stay with him and Case in midfield... I mean, we finished 8th for a reason.

International football has nothing to do with what he'll be expected to do deliver in the PL. If we stay with him and Case in midfield... I mean, we finished 8th for a reason.

Europa League games are played at lesser intensity. He adds creativity from the bench and he was free.

Showed at the Euros that he still useful.
I would keep him for the final year of his Contract.
What? He’s completely done at this level.

He did nothing at the Euros, he just didn’t look as past it as he did for us because he played behind 3 CBs and 2 DMs. He has nothing to offer us this season unless we’re interested in dropping points.

We got a good 1st season out of him but he really struggled last year with the intensity and physical aspects of the league.

Europa League games are played at lesser intensity. He adds creativity from the bench and he was free.
Europa League is meh. Give those minutes to someone who will bring value in the future like Collyer or Fletcher or Gore.
When the important games come he'll make way for the better players anyway.

Doesn’t strike me as someone who’d be happy with a squad role, I think he said as much himself towards the end of last season.

I think he goes before the end of the window.

He is on £150k a week (£7.8m pa) with 1 year remaining.

Is he likely to play much next season? He probably wants to play until the next w/c so a possible 2 year deal to somewhere is a possibility.

I can see him going on a free. He won’t want to sit around not playing this season.

I don’t think he’s a viable option for us any more. We should be trying to move him on for a nominal fee. Hes a quality player but physically he’s finished.

He has no role to play next season, but I don't expect us to sell him. Quality player but we managed to get only one season from him unfortunately.

I would move him on and replace with Rabiot

He's got one year left, and he wouldn't fetch much of a fee - if any.

With Europa League football coming up, I think we should keep him - showed with Denmark he can still contribue in that number 10 position (if we ever actually rest Bruno)

Should be our Europa League replacement for Bruno, for the early round games anyway. That is about it.
Surely that’s Mount? I’d rather see Hannibal retained than giving Eriksen any Europa league time, at least there’s potential resale value to be had.

A pair of legs to cover for Bruno in easier League Cup and EL games, is the role I see for him.

If he's OK with playing utilities and possibly not getting a lot of minutes... I don't think it's a huge priority to move him off unless there's an inexpensive midfield replacement ready to be slotted for him. Not a lot of financial gain to be had of shipping him off and we did sign him free.

I'm sure his talent will prove useful a few times on pitch and I think he ended up having a pretty thankless assignment of filling in counterintuitive roles.

We have 3 number 10s (Amad, Mount and Zirkzee) who should play ahead of him when Bruno is out which never happens anyway.

Surprised there’s not been anyone in for him. The PL is clearly too much for him but he could be very effective in a less physical league.

Should be our Europa League replacement for Bruno, for the early round games anyway. That is about it.
We have 3 number 10s (Amad, Mount and Zirkzee) who should play ahead of him when Bruno is out which never happens anyway.
Agree with Idxomer here, even if we consider Mount to rotate with Mainoo then there's Amad to take Bruno minutes.

He's basically a more expensive Jonny Evans now. Still can do a job but as the last resort.

I also think midfield is different to CB, and you can't be THAT slow there.

Agree with Idxomer here, even if we consider Mount to rotate with Mainoo then there's Amad to take Bruno minutes.

He's basically a more expensive Jonny Evans now. Still can do a job but as the last resort.

I also think midfield is different to CB, and you can't be THAT slow there.
Agree, and I wouldn't be sad to see him leave for free. His best days are behind him.

Unless he really wants to leave I’d keep him as a backup. Evans showed last season how important it can be to have a player like that in a crisis.

I love Christian for obvious reasons, but for ours and his own sake he should move to a different league.

Keep him, if he'shappy as a squad player. He's our best, most consistent passer of the ball, not seeking 'Hollywood' passes.. Ericksen was at the heart of some.of our more consistent performances under ETH.

He'll be good for Mainoo, to learn from.

Unless he really wants to leave I’d keep him as a backup. Evans showed last season how important it can be to have a player like that in a crisis.
I don't think anyone would've had any issue with Eriksen if he was on Evans money. For for his reported wages we could get an actual decent squad player.

Constantly forget that he's a midfield option for us. I just don't see how we keep him happy. Either him or Casemiro goes, losing the experience of both would only make sense if we bring in Rabiot on top.

I hope he stays, but I feel if Mount actually stays fit this season then he'll eat into Eriksen's minutes he had last season.

Constantly forget that he's a midfield option for us. I just don't see how we keep him happy. Either him or Casemiro goes, losing the experience of both would only make sense if we bring in Rabiot on top.

I hope he stays, but I feel if Mount actually stays fit this season then he'll eat into Eriksen's minutes he had last season.
Isn't he always making noises that he wants more minutes yet can barely complete 60mins and serves up very little.

Seems his ego is a bit too high for a player at his stage in his career. He is free to leave and start for Genk etc.

He's our only good passer from deep. Only one who is a high volume, creative type passer in our team. If we lose him, we need a similar replacement, not Rabiot/Ugarte.

I don't think the experience of either really counts for anything when they've both declined as sharply as they have. Eriksen never really was a deeper midfielder anyway.

We're better off getting rid of both and bringing in a couple of midfielders who are better athletes and/or technical players.

Isn't he always making noises that he wants more minutes yet can barely complete 60mins and serves up very little.

Seems his ego is a bit too high for a player at his stage in his career. He is free to leave and start for Genk etc.
This isn't the problem, THE problem is that he looks level below EPL tempo since the very first minute. Even at Euro you could see both his class on the ball, but also how he couldn't get to the second ball to save his life. If he can't do that in international level, he is done.

We could play him in #10 but that seems the only position we're stuffed with.

I maintain the position there is no point in keeping Eriksen anymore.