Chido Obi Martin

U18s until he proves otherwise no reason to rush at the moment
You think?

He scored 32 goals last season at U18 level for Arsenal, so I'd say that proves him at that level. I think he should certainly be in and amongst the U21's next season, even if he makes some U18 / Youth Cup appearances as well.

The bullying of this lad from Arsenal fans has been disgraceful, really rooting for him

You think?

He scored 32 goals last season at U18 level for Arsenal, so I'd say that proves him at that level. I think he should certainly be in and amongst the U21's next season, even if he makes some U18 / Youth Cup appearances as well.​
Didn't even think of the YC. Could have

Lacey Ibragimov Thwaites
Chido​

Quite an exciting one as he seems to be rated as one of the highest potential talents of his age bracket.

Thought if he wanted to break into first team football asap he’d have gone either to Germany or a club like Everton/Southampton. United must have given him serious assurances

Quite an exciting one as he seems to be rated as one of the highest potential talents of his age bracket.

Thought if he wanted to break into first team football asap he’d have gone either to Germany or a club like Everton/Southampton. United must have given him serious assurances

Just saw a stat that Arsenal gave 13 minutes playing time to teenagers last season. We have Ethan Wheatley 13 minutes, so it’s hard to argue against United having the better pathway

He literally left Arsenal because of this
Yeah but he doesn't know our system yet, integrate him slowly and probably by the end of this year he'll move up to the U21s. And maybe training with the first team at some point in the spring. Unless he's making huge waves I don't know if he'll make a 1st team appearance this year.

All this talk and hype around the kid needs to be tempered down so he can focus on getting better.

He’s absolutely huge, and with the amount he scored at U18 and given his move I think he likely goes straight to U21s.

He’ll be 17 in November. I don’t think it’s outside the realms of possibility he makes a match day squad at some point this season.

Hes almost 2 years younger than Wheatley, who I imagine probably is either loaned or given a shot as our 4th choice ST.

Really excited about this one - but a bit worried if reports are true and we’re paying him £30k per week - I was hoping the days of us overpaying were gone with Ineos

Really excited about this one - but a bit worried if reports are true and we’re paying him £30k per week - I was hoping the days of us overpaying were gone with Ineos

Nobody has confirmed this aside from low tier Arsenal tweeters who are probably bitter about this. Romano says he rejected higher offers from Germany to join our development pathway.

Mainoo says hello.
And Garnacho who, while just turned 20, was obviously a teenager all last season.

There was a stat posted for PL minutes last season for teenagers and we were way clear of any other club thanks to Mainoo and Garnacho. With Kambwala chipping in as well.

Last edited:
Mainoo says hello.
I think you’ve misunderstood what he’s saying. He’s saying that Arsenal have 13 mins playing time total to teenagers last season, and we have that alone to just Ethan Wheatley, who is well down the pecking order. Obviously on top of that we have a ton of minutes to other teenagers, most notably Mainoo. Hence why he’s saying it’s hard to argue against United providing a better pathway.

Only spouted by some unverified Arsenal fan account. Nothing anywhere else, except to say he turned down higher offers from elsewhere to come to United.

And Garnacho who, while just turned 20, was obviously a teenager all last season.

There was a stat posted for PL minutes last season for teenagers and we were way clear of any other club thanks to Mainoo and Garancho. With Kambwala chipping in as well.

Thiose stats had Amari Forson picking up more minutes, by himself, than the combined total of teenagers at some other clubs. Fairly sure Arsenal was one of them.

Wonder if he'll get on the pitch together with Eriksen and Hojlund at the same time this season.

Danish trio.

I believe you've probably bitten on an unreliable source. Could you provide "sources" that you mention?

I imagine they are extremely low tier.

Exciting signing. He does look absolutely massive so I hope he’s got the technical ability to match his stature. Still early days but looks like he has lots of room for improvement using his left foot. Hoping for the best.

Lovely signing this. Very proactive, what with Lusale joining too.

Mainoo says hello.
I think you misunderstood what he was saying.

Always weary with youth players who rely on physicality to standout at that level, bu this lad does seem to have a lot more about him. Looking forward to seeing him.

With our injury records, there are always opportunities for players wanting to break into the starting line-up.

He’s absolutely huge, and with the amount he scored at U18 and given his move I think he likely goes straight to U21s.

He’ll be 17 in November. I don’t think it’s outside the realms of possibility he makes a match day squad at some point this season.

Hes almost 2 years younger than Wheatley, who I imagine probably is either loaned or given a shot as our 4th choice ST.

He is a massive unit. I dont remember anyone at school being that big at U16s. Potential of him getting taller considering that he's still 16

Last edited:

I doubt it considering that Mainoo is on less than that at the moment.

He rejected several contract offers from the Gunners. Plenty of clubs were naturally interested in him; Bayern, Dortmund, Newcastle, Wolfsburg, Monaco, Frankfurt...

The 16-year old striker scored 32 goals in 18 appearances in the U18 Premier League last season. Six hat tricks, a goal every 45 minutes! Seven against Norwich and five against West Ham. Back in October he scored 10 goals against Liverpool U16s. 13 goals in 22 youth caps for Denmark, 10 in 14 with the U17s. Two goals in the U17 Euros in May. All in all a decent goalscorer.

Obi is approximately 188cm tall which is very impressive for a 16-year old. The Danish forward represented FC København before joining Arsenal two years ago. He’s also eligible for Nigeria, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Danish senior team gave him his debut relatively soon. Made his U18 Premier League debut when he was only 14.

We badly needed a striker for the U21/U18 and boy have we got one.

Does anyone in this thread think he has the capability to make a matchday squad this season

We really are targeting young talent and building a coaching team around coaching and nurturing them

Big, fast, great feet, good range of finishing. What's not to like? Think he has all the tools if he puts his head down, listens to RvN and gets a chance in the first team. Waiting for a Macheda moment from him at some point this season to piss off the Arsenal fans.

He could play an odd game in a cup competition or something as long as he is part of under-21s

Would be lovely to see that

He looks absurdly complete for his age. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got a few first team opportunities next season or heck even this season in a cup game or two.

I selfishly want him to play a bit in the u18s first, just to see the sheer destruction Shea Lacey, Mantato, Lusale and Amir can cause this season.