Chelsea 2024/25

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
The players are starting to come back to training so new thread time.

New manager, new players. Hopefully far fewer injuries.

I have no idea whatsover what to expect.

James Fofana Colwill Cucurella
...............Enzo.KDH.Caicedo......
Palmer.........Jackson......Nkunku

Something like that maybe?

Dewsbury-Hall is a classic new-manager-buys-former-player-to-get-inside-track-on-dressing-room move (we've had tonnes at utd post-saf) but will he really be good enough to get in the team? Was a decent bottom half Prem player from what I recall (didn't watch him last year) but doesn't strike me as someone to take you up a level

I am jealous of the options. Any chance United can have Gusto? Cheers!

Morbidly curious of what will go wrong this time. Palmer will have to carry them again if they keep betting on Nkunku's fitness or Jackson's finishing

Petrovic between the posts?

Can't wait to see Lukaku back where he belongs. He can replace Jackson in missing key chances as well.

In case people don't know, this chap joined Chelsea in 1993 and worked his way up to be academy manager in 2004. So pretty much everyone who has come through in the last 20 years (or sold off and done well elsewhere) happened with his involvement.

Massive loss to the club. Very interested to see what he's up to next.

I’ve always liked Chelsea, despite the rivalry there was usually a solid football narrative to their teams throughout the years.
Now, I dislike them more and more. The new management don’t appear to respect any intrinsic values.

In case people don't know, this chap joined Chelsea in 1993 and worked his way up to be academy manager in 2004. So pretty much everyone who has come through in the last 20 years (or sold off and done well elsewhere) happened with his involvement.

That’s sad. I wonder what the reason was. Neil Bath was basically part of the furniture at Cobham.

They’ll both probably rock up at some other club now and start poaching 14-15 year olds from our academy.

Found @duffer insta account

Imagine being the wife who gets roped into filming her grown adult husband doing this. This is why most of the world roots against England.

Also love that "cold" freezer has to be specified with a sign because the target demo doesn't realise that a freezer is normally cold.

Maresca will be exactly like Potter imo, surprised if he lasts the season.

Even if there was general disappointed with what Poch produced for 80% of the season that was a strange old appointment.

Of course we could easily dip back down to 6th/7th but you're going to need disappointing performances from Liverpool, Newcastle and Spurs to be in serious shake up of top 4 imo unless a quality CF is signed.

You looked better with a 4-2-3-1 so the template is there to continue and get off to a solid start and settle things down.

That’s sad. I wonder what the reason was. Neil Bath was basically part of the furniture at Cobham.

They’ll both probably rock up at some other club now and start poaching 14-15 year olds from our academy.

Brighton and this all goes in sudden reverse. :lol:

Posting incredibly cringeworthy videos doesn't make the top 100 reasons why people want England to lose!

It's not the posting of the video itself; it's more the staggering lack of self-awareness and sheer arrogance needed to think that posting that was a good and cool idea in the first place if that makes sense...?

Maresca will be exactly like Potter imo, surprised if he lasts the season.

Even if there was general disappointed with what Poch produced for 80% of the season that was a strange old appointment.

Of course we could easily dip back down to 6th/7th but you're going to need disappointing performances from Liverpool, Newcastle and Spurs to be in serious shake up of top 4 imo unless a quality CF is signed.

You looked better with a 4-2-3-1 so the template is there to continue and get off to a solid start and settle things down.
Barring another injury crisis as bad as last season’s I’m very confident that we’ll finish above all of Villa, Newcastle, and Spurs. Scored more goals than Villa and Spurs last season despite missing a billion chances and not having that proven striker we need. Only finished a few points behind 4th and 5th despite having a horrible season.

We got next to zero from Reece James, Nkunku, and Lavia last season and those were obviously going to be super key players. Just having those 3 fit (Nkunku and James especially) should have us massively improved in attack and that’s before any new signing are brought in.

I think we’ll be right there in the mix for the top 4 for sure. Also, what’s to say Liverpool will transition from Klopp to Slot with no bumps in the road? Some of their big players like VVD, Salah, Robertson etc aren’t exactly young either. They’ve got to slow down at some point and what if it’s this coming one?

Barring another injury crisis as bad as last season’s I’m very confident that we’ll finish above all of Villa, Newcastle, and Spurs. Scored more goals than Villa and Spurs last season despite missing a billion chances and not having that proven striker we need. Only finished a few points behind 4th and 5th despite having a horrible season.

We got next to zero from Reece James, Nkunku, and Lavia last season and those were obviously going to be super key players. Just having those 3 fit (Nkunku and James especially) should have us massively improved in attack and that’s before any new signing are brought in.

I think we’ll be right there in the mix for the top 4 for sure. Also, what’s to say Liverpool will transition from Klopp to Slot with no bumps in the road? Some of their big players like VVD, Salah, Robertson etc aren’t exactly young either. They’ve got to slow down at some point and what if it’s this coming one?

That's fair. Chelsea do have a top 4 squad on paper. It's a question of working through all that noise that exists in the club (not dissimilar to United actually) and getting players to perform well. One thing that will benefit you this year is low expected squad turnover unlike the last 2 years. Key players aren't leaving the club and random players aren't being brought in.

Maybe not this upcoming season, but I do wonder if Palmer's future is at #10 or RCM instead of being a right winger. I think he would be of greater value there, but he also obviously brings a lot to the table from the right wing as well.

Maybe not this upcoming season, but I do wonder if Palmer's future is at #10 or RCM instead of being a right winger. I think he would be of greater value there, but he also obviously brings a lot to the table from the right wing as well.

Chelsea played a lot of games with Palmer and Madueke on the pitch and they managed it pretty successfully, so I'd say yeah, it's definitely possible and he might be required to move at some point anyway, since we have Paez and Estevao coming soon.

Chelsea played a lot of games with Palmer and Madueke on the pitch and they managed it pretty successfully, so I'd say yeah, it's definitely possible and he might be required to move at some point anyway, since we have Paez and Estevao coming soon.

Both of them are incredibly highly rated so there should be a good chance that at least one of them works out, but gotta be patient with them.

Both of them are incredibly highly rated so there should be a good chance that at least one of them works out, but gotta be patient with them.

Yeah, Paez is kinda similar to Palmer in the sense that he's also a very good 10 and can drift to the left a bit, whereas Estevao looks like a pure RW.

Always had the best stats for his role on FM, and FM is never wrong, so you are right, he will be a big loss.

Neil Bath's statement on leaving Chelsea:

"After 30 years working at Chelsea, I feel it is the right time for me to have some time off and take a break from a job that I have put so much time into. I intend to rest and have some time away from the game, however I will continue working over the coming weeks to ensure a smooth transition for the organisation."

"As an Academy, we have enjoyed fantastic backing from the Club throughout my time here, without which none of our success would have been possible."

"I would like to thank every single person - player, parent, colleague, supporter - who has been on this journey with us. We achieved everything we could possibly have dreamed of - five Youth Cups in a row, countless debuts, homegrown players helping the team win the Champions League - and we did it together."

"In particular, I have to mention Jim Fraser, who has assisted me for the past 20 years and played such an important role in everything we have achieved."

"As a boy from Battersea who grew up on the Shed watching our teams of the 80s, it has been my greatest privilege playing a part in the club's success over the past two decades. I have made memories and friends that will last a lifetime. I hope we have made people proud and left the club in a better place to move forward."

Neil Bath is highly rated within the industry. His departure could be a silent blow to CFC down the line.

Neil Bath is highly rated within the industry. His departure could be a silent blow to CFC down the line.
It seems like New owners wanted everything of previous regime must go. Reece,chilwell and Lukaku only these three players still at the club from roman regime.

Today perhaps, but then you'll have the 8 players you'll buy before the window shuts to fit in.