Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
I’ll throw my support behind pool. Can’t stand the oil company. They’re like a rich kid showing off his new flash car, paid for with daddies dollars. Whatever else united fans might want to say about pool, at least they earned their place and didn’t just buy it. IMO.
feck this. Who cares if they have «earned» it or not? It’s fecking Liverpool!

See this:

Haha, you sir I see joined Redcafe in 2003. Two years before the glorious 2005 with the Le Tallec and Pongolle gems. You've seen the horrors of war and need to explain it to the kids. :D:cool:

suhaylah

Definitely want Liverpool to lose against City and then city losing in the semi final

fellaini's barber

Liverpool might just be the only team capable of ousting City so they have my blessing, I'm sure any of the other teams can knock Pool out, you guys need to trust me on this

Cal?

CR7 fan
Liverpool might just be the only team capable of ousting City so they have my blessing, I'm sure any of the other teams can knock Pool out, you guys need to trust me on this
I’m confident that Liverpool won’t make it past any of Real, Barca, Bayern

Eire Red United

Since unfortunately both can’t lose, I’m not too bother who goes through. At least Liverpool will 100% get tanked against any of the big teams, although I’d love to see Real school City.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
It must be a diificult one for you all. I guess it's the equivalent of Merseyside's second team playing United in the QF's. It's a tough one to call but I reckon I would hope Tranmere won.

Siorac

I’m confident that Liverpool won’t make it past any of Real, Barca, Bayern
If they can make it past City, why not?

I don't want to take that risk. Let City knock them out then I can cheer on whoever plays City in the semis.

ZAGREB RED

Definitely want Liverpool to lose against City and then city losing in the semi final
This. Liverpool winning it is a worse prospect than City, so Liverpool losing in the QF is the best option then City going out in the semis.

Castia

I don't think Liverpool could beat Barce, Real, Bayern....but City could. For that reason id prefer City to go out ASAP and not give them any chance what so ever at lifting the CL trophy.

Liverpool to knock City out then hopefully smashed in the semi's would be a great outcome.

Ban

It's like choosing between poison and hanging.
Anyway I want Liverpool to go out.
And of course someone of Bayern Real and Barcelona to deal with City.
Liverpool somehow winning the thing would be a disaster.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I can see City actually winning it, so as much as it pains me I hope for Liverpool. They will get schooled against Barca, Bayern, RM anyway.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It really is a lose lose situation for us. On the one hand, Liverpool are our biggest rivals and have more European success as it is so you want them out ASAP.

On the other hand you have City who would go to a whole new level if they were to claim they’re first CL, status which they don’t deserve and it needs to be kept out their hands for as long as possible.

Like a few have said, Liverpool I think have more chance of knocking them out than the others, and the others have more chance of knocking Liverpool out.

Liverpool through, Liverpool out in the semi final is what I’d probably want to happen.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Anyone who prefers Liverpool to go through clearly didn't live through their 80s dominance.

Having to listen to them going on about 6 times by holding up one of their six fingered hands? Feck off.

Peanut Butter

Wait, Utd fans want to Liverpool to progress?!

They're not real MUFC supporters, no way.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone who prefers Liverpool to go through clearly didn't live through their 80s dominance.

Having to listen to them going on about 6 times by holding up one of their six fingered hands? Feck off.
:lol:

Nickthepip

I wanted Liverpool to win the league game to break the unbeaten run, simple as that.

However I’d rather anyone won the CL than Liverpool so while I certainly won’t be cheering City on, I’d rather they got through.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Wait, Utd fans want to Liverpool to progress?!

They're not real MUFC supporters, no way.
I wanted Liverpool to win the league game to break the unbeaten run, simple as that.

However I’d rather anyone won the CL than Liverpool so while I certainly won’t be cheering City on, I’d rather they got through.
Not disagreeing with the anti Liverpool thing but City are our traditional and city rivals.

if you come from Manchester as I do, you'd never want City to win anything...they've been some of the worst with Munich chants, even now. Feck they still call us Rags and Munichs

montpelier

It's OK wanting the less good team to win but once they have won, they have a better chance than the team they just beat - which in some senses makes them the better team by default - and, erm... they certainly have the better chance of winning the thing than the team they just eliminated.

So, this ''Liverpool can lose next round'' approach is a bit batshit flawed, imo.

Varun

Staff
It's OK wanting the less good team to win but once they have won, they have a better chance than the team they just beat - which in some senses makes them the better team by default - and, erm... they certainly have the better chance of winning the thing than the team they just eliminated.

So, this ''Liverpool can lose next round'' approach is a bit batshit flawed, imo.
Back when Chelsea won the CL beating Barca and then Bayern in the final, that's the exact thought process I had. Didnt want barca to win another CL so I reckoned it'd be good if chelsea beat them as they wont stand a chance vs bayern anyways. That went well. Never again.

Cal?

CR7 fan
If they can make it past City, why not?

I don't want to take that risk. Let City knock them out then I can cheer on whoever plays City in the semis.
On balance City are more likely to win their SF and final than Liverpool. In the spirit of not wanting either to win the CL, it’s better for Liverpool to win th QF.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I don't think Liverpool could beat Barce, Real, Bayern....but City could. For that reason id prefer City to go out ASAP and not give them any chance what so ever at lifting the CL trophy.

Liverpool to knock City out then hopefully smashed in the semi's would be a great outcome.
This, Liverpool to somehow put out City and subsequently get schooled by Real in the SF is the best outcome.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Let's hope they both kick feck out of each other and are both disqualified and relegated to League 2.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I know of at least one person on here who would want them to win in the final should they get there. Now that's a real mind feck.

Last edited:

Bearded One

Sure I'd prefer city to go through rather than pool. They'd have their arses handed them in the semis and I would particularly love them to loose against Heynckes' Bayarn. If pool even manage to get to the semis we wouldn't hear the last of it.

I think a poll will make sense.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If Liverpool comprehensively beats City, then they are at least slight underdogs, and serious threats to whoever else makes the semi-finals. I don't get the idea that Liverpool dispatches one of the best teams in Europe, and subsequently become massive underdogs against Bayern, Real or Barcelona.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
And Barca to beat them in the next round, by an away goal scored by Coutinho or Suarez with the hand in an offside position. :lol:
It would be especially funny seeing as Coutinho is ineligible for them in the CL this year.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope they get done by a late goal from Sterling after having City on the ropes for the majority of the game. I want to see their hearts break just like Ralph's. Then City to go out in the Semis.

Nogbadthebad

I'm hoping for a match fixing expose and both go out.

Its the only sane solution for anyone who has lived through the scouse dominance of the 70's and 80's and has worked with berties at any point in their lives. I've done both, I can't wish for either to succeed.

red_devil83

I can see City actually winning it, so as much as it pains me I hope for Liverpool. They will get schooled against Barca, Bayern, RM anyway.
Yea this. City are way better than Liverpool overall. Much better for Liverpool to take them out then inevitably lose next round.

DelPotro

I don't see the problem really. It's not like I'm rooting for Liverpool to win the whole thing. I want them to beat City so they can't win the treble. Liverpool aren't going to win against Barca/RM. Plus their lack of squad depth up front means they are at risk of not making top 4 if they are distracted by CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.