Champions League Quarter Finals (5th - 13th Apr)

Allowing Liverpool to play against Portuguese teams is like a bye. Every fecking season.

Konate another obvious signing we could have had instead of chasing the big name.

Can't stand Atletico. Wouldn't mind Man City stuffing them. The dirtiest side that exists.

Can City handle the dark arts, s**thousery and all round thuggery of these scoundrels. They're just getting started with that elbow into Foden's head. When you see the City players crowding around the ref, you'll know that Atletico have them where they want them. Utter bastards.

The clip they showed on TV last night was clear. It was 100% the correct decision under the current rules. The ball bounced up, hit his hand which made it drop right into a perfect shooting position

No need to waste more time getting the ref to look at it.
. I can only think there was another angle we haven't seen, I thought that goal should have been allowed.
Tuchel was quite critical of the referee and he specifically called out this incident - https://talksport.com/football/1085119/thomas-tuchel-chelsea-referee-champions-league-real-madrid/

“I didn’t see the goal that was disallowed, but I’m very very disappointed that the referee that he does not check it by himself, absolutely disappointed.

All of them? I was watching on telly and the ball clearly touched his hand.

Whether it's a stupid rule, that it's only handball if you score and not if you do anything else, is a different matter.
While it is likely his hand brushed the ball, there is no "clear and obvious" evidence for that. So it should not have been overturned.
Alonso-handball.png

It feels like no team even bothers to try against Liverpool. I think they could be beaten if teams actually tried to get at them

Mixed feelings watching Atletico - City...

Would love for both to lose. City for being too good, Atletico because they are a crime against football. Hate everything about them. The cheating, the diving, manipulating the ref, Koke's face and his expressions.

Unfortunately the ref looks weak. Foden foul should've been an easy yellow.

"If you look at it logically that should be his second yellow."

Logically, he doesn't make that tackle if he's already on a yellow. "Fletch", you stupid cnut.

City control the game very well. It is very difficult for Atlético to achieve anything in isolated plays so far from the goal